Reflection getting a new Paint Job

Jim_Iain

Have seen these and a couple of other shots in different lighting, and my eye keeps telling me that this is a somewhat brighter blue than they've used in the past.  Yeah, hard to gauge white balance, saturation, etc on a screen...

Perhaps it will cure to a darker color, but I'd swear someone grabbed the wrong color chip at the Sherwin-Williams store! 🙄

Edited by canderson
Usual phone typoz
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

image.thumb.jpeg.4402991fa180e3b4c6de914970adffe1.jpeg

Could be just the natural light affecting the color, or maybe this is just the first coat of paint?

13 hours ago, canderson said:

Have seen these and a couple of other shots in different lighting, and my eye keeps telling me that this is a somewhat brighter blue than they've used in the past.  Yeah, hard to gauge white balance, saturation, etc on a screen...

Perhaps it will cure to a darker color, but I'd swear someone grabbed the wrong color chip at the Sherwin-Williams store! 🙄

Edited by C-Dragons

11 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

I wonder if there will be any other updates on the ship?

My understanding is paint and refreshing soft goods.   The main reason is re-certification and required maintenance.    There are a number of photos being posted and haven't seen anything else.   

6 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I really hate instagram, I much prefer Facebook 

Instagram has it's following and I'm sure you will find the same pictures over on Facebook.  I love it as my DIL posts pictures of the Grandkids almost daily.     The good think is You can select an option and it posts to both Instagram and Facebook.

I know Mickey (in post above)posts on Facebook and I believe her daughter is working on Reflections.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

I wonder if there will be any other updates on the ship?

From Ade Roberts:

Yes there’s a small amount of work going on all over the ship to refresh certain things, soft furnishings in places, flooring , pools and tubs and some decking replaced, there’s quite a lot going on, just no MAJOR construction.

59 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Instagram has it's following and I'm sure you will find the same pictures over on Facebook.  I love it as my DIL posts pictures of the Grandkids almost daily.     The good think is You can select an option and it posts to both Instagram and Facebook.

I know Mickey (in post above)posts on Facebook and I believe her daughter is working on Reflections.

I am still lucky that grandkids pictures still get posted to Facebook 😁

18 minutes ago, cameronp12 said:

Anyone know when/if the Infinity and Constellation will get their hulls blue-ified? Seems like they’re the only holdouts now. I would think Celebrity would want the unified look across the fleet.

Connie was due in July '21 during the Cadiz dry dock, but we heard manpower issues prevented that.  Not due for another mandatory dry dock until '26 now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

"After spending over ten days at the Chantier Naval de Marseille, the 2012-vessel is now sporting a blue-colored hull that was first introduced by the Celebrity Edge in 2018.

Part of the company’s new livery, the look is now present on ten of the 12 Celebrity Cruises large cruise ships.

During its recent shipyard visit, the Reflection also underwent maintenance and technical upkeep, in addition to regulatory and class work."

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2022/10/celebrity-reflection-debuts-new-look-after-drydock-at-chantier-naval-de-marseille/

• Like 1

We were on Reflection the week of 11/13 - 20.  The new paint job looked great and a bunch of the "soft goods" were replaced.  Our Cabin Steward told us that our cabin was empty on the Transatlantic cruise prior to ours and that we were the first to sleep on the new mattress and bedding in our cabin.  It was extremely comfortable!  IMO the interior spaces looked great but it was our first time on Reflection so we have nothing to cosmpare it to. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

We were on Reflection the week of 11/13 - 20.  The new paint job looked great and a bunch of the "soft goods" were replaced.  Our Cabin Steward told us that our cabin was empty on the Transatlantic cruise prior to ours and that we were the first to sleep on the new mattress and bedding in our cabin.  It was extremely comfortable!  IMO the interior spaces looked great but it was our first time on Reflection so we have nothing to cosmpare it to. 

We were on the Reflection in August and what you are reporting was exactly what we were told by a ships officer. Many on CC were hoping for the Retreat Revolution on this dry docking but from what I was told this will not happen in the next 2 or maybe 3 years, if ever.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

We were on the Reflection in August and what you are reporting was exactly what we were told by a ships officer. Many on CC were hoping for the Retreat Revolution on this dry docking but from what I was told this will not happen in the next 2 or maybe 3 years, if ever.

Only people who book a suite are hoping for a Retreat , the other 80% want it to stay the same 😁

• Like 3