Jan 5, 2023 Singapore to Hong Kong

ronrick1943

11 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

If you go to ocean terminal.com.hk you’ll see the Silversea Spirit is due into Hong Kong on Jan 18 and 19th, 2023.  Well, what to you think—it’s Hong Kong’s web site.  Sounds like a go, but you never know —

I admire your optimism. I really hope it is justified.  However, it seems to me that the relaxation of some of the restrictions in the last few weeks could not be enough to allow cruise ships to visit. There would need to be further relaxation and if and when that occurs becomes a guessing game. The fact that Silver Spirit is on the port list, and the only ship on that port list until February, just indicates to me that they are hanging on in the hope things ease but really don't know one way or the other. This briefing gives a good idea of what the restrictions currently are.Hong Kong Hotel Quarantine Lifted - What to Know Before You Go (china-briefing.com)

Edited by turtlemichael
  • Like 1

Yes, I realize your most likely right—-it’s kind of sad it’s 73 days until cruise date—-and people have to make air, hotel reservations—yet Silversea thinks so little of their  customers if they cancel.  Unless they make good on everyone’s cost should they not sail.  I think Silversea should have made the decision to cancel or a firm go…………..just an opinion- I haven’t cruised on them yet, and have another cruise booked and getting a little tried of a management team that can’t make that decision for their customers planning.   And I don’t want to hear they don’t know yet-they should.

After many cruise lines cancelling the Asia cruises in spring 2023, Silversea will be the company with most planned calls to Hong Kong in the first quarter of next year. Spirit will have voyages ending in / starting from Hong Kong. Muse, Shadow and Whisper will also have visits here in their longer itineraries.

Silversea seems to be very optimistic and confident that all the cruises embarking / disembarking / visiting Hong Kong will sail as usual without any changes. We are not sure if they have received any special permission from the government that we do not know yet. Time will tell.

28 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

After many cruise lines cancelling the Asia cruises in spring 2023, Silversea will be the company with most planned calls to Hong Kong in the first quarter of next year. Spirit will have voyages ending in / starting from Hong Kong. Muse, Shadow and Whisper will also have visits here in their longer itineraries.

Silversea seems to be very optimistic and confident that all the cruises embarking / disembarking / visiting Hong Kong will sail as usual without any changes. We are not sure if they have received any special permission from the government that we do not know yet. Time will tell.

You’re right only time will tell—-however if Silversea does cancel for any reason this late in the game, it will tell us a lot about Silversea isn the way they handle their customers.  I realize Companies have to plan-but so does the person purchasing the Silversea cruise.  I’m hoping Silversea is right in the decision they made—-but if not I’ll be canceling all cruises on Silversea because of trust.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

You’re right only time will tell—-however if Silversea does cancel for any reason this late in the game, it will tell us a lot about Silversea isn the way they handle their customers.  I realize Companies have to plan-but so does the person purchasing the Silversea cruise.  I’m hoping Silversea is right in the decision they made—-but if not I’ll be canceling all cruises on Silversea because of trust.

WELL MY APOLOGIES TO SILVERSEAS!  Got am letter today frommmy TA frommBarbara Muckermann that the cruise is a go—they have been working with the local Governments and has got all approvals.  Looking forward to a great cruise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

WELL MY APOLOGIES TO SILVERSEAS!  Got am letter today frommmy TA frommBarbara Muckermann that the cruise is a go—they have been working with the local Governments and has got all approvals.  Looking forward to a great cruise.

That is really good news!

Would you mind sharing that email to us to "cruisewonderland at gmail dot com"?

Thank you in advance.

And feel free to ask us any questions about the latest info in HK. 😉

Booking reference: 
Guest names: Mr Richard | Mr Ronald 

Dear Esteemed Guest, 

We look forward to hosting you on your eagerly awaited journey to the alluring continent of Asia. Beyond the astonishing natural beauty, you are sure to be awed by both its centuries-old and contemporary appeal. Today, considering the range of global news disseminated regarding this region, we would like to assure you that your voyage will actualize as scheduled. We are confident in our ability to provide a safe and enriching adventure full of authentic discovery to these intriguing lands. 

Our teams have worked hard alongside our partners in the region to address ongoing Covid protocols and local environments. Therefore, we remain unwavering in our commitment to delivering a new way to see Asia, traveling deeper into each port of call. We are excited to provide a guest experience that immerses you in Asia's distinctive attraction — its epic scenery, world-renowned cuisine, and historical sites echoing stories of ancient dynasties alongside a globally revered modern lifestyle.

Please feel free to discuss with your travel advisor or directly with your Silversea Cruise Consultant any questions you may have. We also encourage you to visit your MySilversea account to explore and confirm shore excursions in the magnificent ports on your itinerary. 

Thank you for sailing with us on this ultra-luxury adventure to a part of our planet where wonder awaits and lifelong memories are made. 

Best Personal Regards, 

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.email.silversea.com%2Fwpm%2F1035%2FContentUploads%2FImages%2FMIA%2FBarbaraMuckermann_Signature_FINAL.jpg&t=1667242747&ymreqid=fd2a2a36-a971-5d8f-2f2c-5a000b011200&sig=D4qyj1foeRYWKD2Xh.Bovg--~D
Barbara Muckermann
Chief Commercial Officer
Silversea Cruises 

NEED HELP? 
Please contact Silversea Reservations at 1 877 289 2101

Follow Us

google

fb

web

behance

twitter

insta

For Terms and Conditions, refer to Silversea.com

Add silversealuxurycruises@silversea.com to your address book to ensure our emails reach your inbox.

CALL US AT: 1 877 289 2101
Sent from Silversea Cruises Ltd. | 1050 Caribbean Way | 5th Floor | Miami, FL 33132

Unsubscribe | View privacy policy

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

That is really good news!

Would you mind sharing that email to us to "cruisewonderland at gmail dot com"?

Thank you in advance.

Just to let you know I posted the letter

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

So, you’re keeping all of your SS bookings?

Yes that is the plan as long as the cruise itself is a good one.  I’m still a little so/so on the communications part of Silversea—it was just silence until the other day.  But moving forward I looking forward to a great experience on Silversea.  Once we get to port (w’ell arrive 5 days early in Singapore) I’ll try to give you a day by day report.  But keep in mind, this will be are experience in real time—someone else may see it differently.  We tour a little, but the ship experience is more important  to us.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 5:34 AM, silkismom said:

Now if we can get something definite on Japan!!

Well if they are going to Hong Kong then their is no reason why Japan would be missed as last month they opened their borders to independent travellers.

On 10/31/2022 at 12:03 PM, Cruise Wonderland said:

Are you currently able to transit from Hong Kong Int'l Airport to the cruise port without quarantine or issues? How many tests would be required? Is there a tracking system in place from Hong Kong after boarding? If the end port is Hong Kong, is transit allowed to the airport or is a stay required for quarantine or monitoring?  Thanks! Hong Kong seems to be a wild card so I don't understand how Silversea can be so sure they are going to be there with no problem.

Edited by gldnbull
spelling error
  • Like 2

On 11/1/2022 at 7:52 PM, gldnbull said:

Are you currently able to transit from Hong Kong Int'l Airport to the cruise port without quarantine or issues? How many tests would be required? Is there a tracking system in place from Hong Kong after boarding? If the end port is Hong Kong, is transit allowed to the airport or is a stay required for quarantine or monitoring?  Thanks! Hong Kong seems to be a wild card so I don't understand how Silversea can be so sure they are going to be there with no problem.

They are saying right now (Government) you need a vaccinated cert, and three days of testing, but you can move around the city.  They need to know the hotel name—but that is it.  Could even get better next month.

8 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

They are saying right now (Government) you need a vaccinated cert, and three days of testing, but you can move around the city.  They need to know the hotel name—but that is it.  Could even get better next month.

Exactly, how can plans be made to transit in Hong Kong with a three-day restriction? There is no timetable for a change in the restrictions and the Chinese government is unrelenting at this time. Should flights be booked with this kind of risk? Is Silversea wishing things get better and are they willing to guarantee the changes and costs involved to alter reservations if the changes don't come? The rest of Asia seems accessible. Hong Kong and China, not so much.

• Like 1