Live - One Way Voyage(r), Boston to San Juan 10/30

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is very walkable. Of course, one's level of mobility factors in. But Old San Juan is really fairly compact and I find it easy to walk to just about anyplace there. Though the walk out to El Moro is longer than it looks from the road!

It really depends on where the ship is docked. I believe - although I'm not certain - that Voyager will be docking at the Pan American Pier which is NOT walking distance.  This page will give you some context.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jtonra said:

It really depends on where the ship is docked. I believe - although I'm not certain - that Voyager will be docking at the Pan American Pier which is NOT walking distance.  This page will give you some context.

The Pan Am pier is not in Old San Juan. It is across the bay. RCI ships that embark from San Juan use the terminal. RCI ships there as a port if call use the down town terminals in OSJ.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, jtonra said:

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The Pan Am pier is not in Old San Juan. It is across the bay. RCI ships that embark from San Juan use the terminal. RCI ships there as a port if call use the down town terminals in OSJ.

24 minutes ago, Coralc said:

They will be ending at the Pan Am pier. ☺️

I created this illustration several years ago using Google Earth. Shows the difference between the two.

1637514981_PANAMERICANPIERSANJUAN.thumb.jpg.9b26097741a0a6c84ec9c46ad95d2d75.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I created this illustration several years ago using Google Earth. Shows the difference between the two.

1637514981_PANAMERICANPIERSANJUAN.thumb.jpg.9b26097741a0a6c84ec9c46ad95d2d75.jpg

Yup, too bad the bridge crossing the bay is not closer to the Pan Am pier. A water taxi from the pier crossing the bay would be cool too. Of course, I'm sure the taxi drivers think differently.

• Like 4

I hadn’t considered that we’d be docking at the Pan Am pier.  We were planning to take a taxi or Uber to the hotel anyway, so it’ll just be a longer ride.

Today was getting my nails done, tomorrow is a pedicure and stop at the liquor store for wine.  We also need to print set sail passes, hotel confirmation, airline confirmations and a copy of the trip insurance we purchased.  While everything is available in our phones by email or apps, I’m more comfortable having paper copies “just in case”.  
Sunday looks like a beautiful weather day in Boston. I hope those arriving early to see the city enjoy a great weekend, Mother Nature is certainly doing her part!

• Like 10

If you see someone hobbling around the ship it’ll be me.  We went to middle DD’s house last night for dinner and pumpkin carving. While setting the table, I stubbed my toe (the fourth toe next to the little one) on the leg of the wooden high chair.  I mean really stubbed it.  Iced it right away and again when we got home.  It’s still tender this morning and hurts to walk, but there’s no bruising and I can move it so I don’t think it’s broken.  

Today begins the Tetris game of putting everything in the suitcases.  There can be no lumps, bumps or empty spaces.  
There are certainly worse things that could’ve happened than injuring my toe. The good news is we sail the day after tomorrow!  

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

If you see someone hobbling around the ship it’ll be me.  We went to middle DD’s house last night for dinner and pumpkin carving. While setting the table, I stubbed my toe (the fourth toe next to the little one) on the leg of the wooden high chair.  I mean really stubbed it.  Iced it right away and again when we got home.  It’s still tender this morning and hurts to walk, but there’s no bruising and I can move it so I don’t think it’s broken.  

Today begins the Tetris game of putting everything in the suitcases.  There can be no lumps, bumps or empty spaces.  
There are certainly worse things that could’ve happened than injuring my toe. The good news is we sail the day after tomorrow!  

Another injury prior to a cruise like Sea Dog. Kind of hate to schedule a cruise in the near future because everyone is getting injured.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Please no more injuries. I'm glad you didn't dislocate and break your shoulder like me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Johnny_71 said:

I'll be on the cruise with you! Look forward to seeing folks... is there a secret hand signal we should be flashing? lol 

If there is one it’s so secret I don’t even know about it 😂!  Hope to bump into you onboard.  

• Like 2

I was very excited to get into the app today and see MDR menus listed.  I have all my meals picked out already!  The only one I’m  not excited about is day 5.  Maybe we’ll check availability at one of the specialty restaurants or just hit the Windjammer that night.  Or we could go to the MDR and I’ll order the Chops filet for the up charge.  Have done this in the past and it’s been very good. 
We selected 1:00 pm check in time. I usually try for earlier but youngest DD who’s driving us to the port has a Halloween party tomorrow night.  I figured we’d be considerate and not require her to get up too early Sunday morning!

• Like 7

If anyone following along has any specific questions or anything in particular you’d like a picture of, please let me know and I’ll do my 

best.  I’m planning to post general pictures of many areas of the ship, bar menus, drinks, food photos and of course a few from each port stop.  Probably more from Puerto Plata because there’s really not much info available for it. 
Getting ready to watch Game 1 of the World Series tonight.  I’m a Red Sox girl, but rooting for the Phillies here. Our oldest DD, SIL & three grandsons live in the suburbs west of Philly so we’re siding with them.  I wonder if we’ll be able to catch games onboard?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

If anyone following along has any specific questions or anything in particular you’d like a picture of, please let me know and I’ll do my 

best.  I’m planning to post general pictures of many areas of the ship, bar menus, drinks, food photos and of course a few from each port stop.  Probably more from Puerto Plata because there’s really not much info available for it. 
Getting ready to watch Game 1 of the World Series tonight.  I’m a Red Sox girl, but rooting for the Phillies here. Our oldest DD, SIL & three grandsons live in the suburbs west of Philly so we’re siding with them.  I wonder if we’ll be able to catch games onboard?

My dear Mother was a die hard Red Sox girl as she grew up in Rumford, RI.  The first year they won the WS she was in France and couldn't even watch them. 🤣

• Like 2

Deb, I follow one of the pro figure skaters, Jordan Bauth, on you tube. She's on Voyager now, very talented.  I hope you get to see the ice show.  It always amazes us how they skate on a moving ship.

Continued wishes for you to have smooth sails and happy memories.

• Like 5

On 10/25/2022 at 6:11 PM, Momof3gurlz said:

So funny story.  Andy asked me today if Voyager has a flowrider.  I said I wasn’t sure but looked it up and told him that it does.  He said “ I think I’m going to give it a try this time” ( he’s never been on one). Now most of you don’t know this but he fell off a ladder in June and suffered a nasty broken wrist and a fractured rib.  After two surgeries on the wrist and spending almost 3 months in either a soft cast or brace, and still going to PT, he’s thinking about trying the flowrider🤔??  Needless to say, after we “discussed it” he won’t be trying the flowrider😂

Sadly, the voice of reason wins😉 only to be “taken out” by a table.

Hope you both get home safe and sound. 🤞

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I was very excited to get into the app today and see MDR menus listed.  I have all my meals picked out already!  The only one I’m  not excited about is day 5.  Maybe we’ll check availability at one of the specialty restaurants or just hit the Windjammer that night.  Or we could go to the MDR and I’ll order the Chops filet for the up charge.  Have done this in the past and it’s been very good. 
We selected 1:00 pm check in time. I usually try for earlier but youngest DD who’s driving us to the port has a Halloween party tomorrow night.  I figured we’d be considerate and not require her to get up too early Sunday morning!

Agree day 5  menu us lame unfortunately it’s a sea day as port days I am usually so tired  that I just eat at WJ, oh well. Day 6 is lobster and I’m sure some folks will still be on St Thomas and won’t make first seating. Funny my daughter who is driving us is also going to a party tonight. I guess we have no heart as she is supposed to get us there by 10.30am but we are only 1/2 hr from port. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bedfordmom said:

Agree day 5  menu us lame unfortunately it’s a sea day as port days I am usually so tired  that I just eat at WJ, oh well. Day 6 is lobster and I’m sure some folks will still be on St Thomas and won’t make first seating. Funny my daughter who is driving us is also going to a party tonight. I guess we have no heart as she is supposed to get us there by 10.30am but we are only 1/2 hr from port. 

I didn’t make the connection that lobster is on St Thomas day.  We have 7:30 My Time reservations each night.  I guess it depends on what we end up doing there since we’re in port until 7. 

Bags are packed other than the last minute things we need in the a.m.  I pretty much stuck to what I planned to pack but there were a few last minute “I might need this” additions.  Someone posted a picture on another board of Apple Air Tags which reminded me I meant to order some.  So a last minute trip to Best Buy was needed.  
We completed our health questionnaires this morning and we’re ready to go!  Hope everyone has a safe trip to the port tomorrow.  Photo from our Anthem cruise in April. If you see us, say “hi”!
40C87E68-9E8D-4122-B84F-A52F96021DA2.thumb.jpeg.5beaa8ff5854191e26d30a33ec36705e.jpeg

• Like 23

37 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I didn’t make the connection that lobster is on St Thomas day.  We have 7:30 My Time reservations each night.  I guess it depends on what we end up doing there since we’re in port until 7. 

Do lobster night in the MDR with the Chops steak upgrade. Oh so tasty. Best meal I had all week.

• Like 3