UDP--- lowest rate I've seen?

Hi all. I'm booked on the 7 day Enchantment of the Seas over Christmas Break and I've been checking the pricing of the UDP. It is now 183.99. Is that a good deal? Do you think it will drop lower? As this is an older ship, there are not many specialty dining venues. 

1 minute ago, zaylyn2590 said:

Hi all. I'm booked on the 7 day Enchantment of the Seas over Christmas Break and I've been checking the pricing of the UDP. It is now 183.99. Is that a good deal? Do you think it will drop lower? As this is an older ship, there are not many specialty dining venues. 

I think Chops is the only speciality restaurant. 

4 minutes ago, zaylyn2590 said:

Yes. Is it worth it?

We always buy the UDP,  but would probably avoid 'enchantment due to only 1 option.  But for 7 nights that is a good price and it includes lunches.   We would buy it if Enchantment was the only option for the itinerary we wanted.

If that's the only specialty restaurant, I would say no. How many times would you go back and eat at the same restaurant with the same menu? If not everyday, then it's a terrible deal. 

The lowest price I've seen for my Symphony cruise is $207.99, and Symphony has at least 7 specialty restaurants. I wouldn't pay $183.99 for one restaurant.

Edited by ARandomTraveler

Does that price include the 18% tip? If not, then you are looking at 217. I would hold off for a better price, maybe Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Since you are going over the holidays though deep price cuts are not likely to happen.

You can almost always get buy on get one free any night of the cruise just by asking. 

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

We always buy the UDP,  but would probably avoid 'enchantment due to only 1 option.  But for 7 nights that is a good price and it includes lunches.   We would buy it if Enchantment was the only option for the itinerary we wanted.

but lunch are only on sea days. not sure how many on that itinerary 

7 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Do people on holiday sailings need to be careful with the UDP?  If I recall correctly the fine print on the UDP excludes special occasion meals.  Might Royal crank up the price of Chops on Christmas Eve and Day, while excluding UDP use?

I've read that on here too, it sounds like there are some holiday meals at specialty restaurants that have an upcharge. I don't know if someone using the UDP pays less of an upcharge, or if they pay the same cost as everyone else. 

It also seems to be only for Christmas and New Years (from what I've read). I'm on a Thanksgiving sailing next month and there's no special holiday meal black out dates on my cruise, from what I can tell. Of course Thanksgiving is an American holiday so that might be why it doesn't count.

The fine print said " 

• Not valid for premium experiences including: Wine Pairings Dinners, Taste of Royal, Mystery Dinner Theater and Holiday Celebration Dinners.

As well as lunch only being on sea says, which there are only 3