Live review - Reflection 10-31-22 TA

Jazzbo

1 hour ago, Jazzbo said:

My pleasure, @Texed. I’m afraid I have some bad news for you. There is no waffle station. Instead, they prepare waffles & pancakes back in the kitchen and bring them out in pans. I should have taken a picture. 😕

That is bad news.  They used to have very good waffles.  Thank Goodness Jacquelyne makes the original Celebrity waffles at home.  👍

• Like 1

Hi Jazzbo - thank you for taking us along and for this great review!!! Reflection is a favorite of ours! Love the photo of you and the Mrs. on CHIC night!!

May I ask a favor  - a question for the Next Cruise Desk. We are sailing on the 27th on Beyond and would like to book a July & August sailing while onboard to get the $150 OBC and the current BF of $200 per cabin.  Our agent has advised that he has group space for those sailings. If I book on board with my agent of record , can he take over the booking and MOVE INTO HIS GROUP RATE?  I have done it in the past but for some reason I thought I read Celebrity is no longer permitting the transfer from an onboard booking into a group rate. In the past you just needed to add an additional deposit. 

I would greatly appreciate your checking. If any issues doing this, I would book it now and forfeit the $150 OBC. Black Friday offer is already out. 

Many thanks in advance! Paula

@jazzbo

Your travelogue and accompanying photos are excellent. Reflection is a very nice ship.  Your photos bear that out.  

We took our TA on Constellation which sailed about 2 weeks before yours did.  The sea-sick monster did get me on the sea day before we arrived at Ponta Delgada.  I hope you get well enough to enjoy the crossing.

David

1 hour ago, calicakes said:

I bring my own.  

I just make the best waffles at home and use local maple syrup so this would not be a treat for us.. If I want to eat them on the ship I would also bring my own syrup. The do have the good stuff in Blu though

25 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

I just make the best waffles at home and use local maple syrup so this would not be a treat for us.. If I want to eat them on the ship I would also bring my own syrup. The do have the good stuff in Blu though

I actually make yeasted waffles at home.  The best waffles I've ever had.  So, I just skip them on the ship.  They don't compare to my own. 

1 minute ago, Jazzbo said:

We were gifted with this from our balcony a few minutes ago.

7053610B-AA64-489A-88CA-F05B4587453F.jpeg

16F439FA-217B-4C26-A695-DA8ACD192890.jpeg

F4FFDC37-5EAC-44E7-8B75-8ADFD6861DCB.jpeg

magical!!  We board on Nov. 26!. Started packing today.. masks and test kits, drugs ( we always take these) Even taking disposable gloves for serving ourselves at the buffet.. oh clothes too!

6 hours ago, bandp407 said:

Hi Jazzbo - thank you for taking us along and for this great review!!! Reflection is a favorite of ours! Love the photo of you and the Mrs. on CHIC night!!

May I ask a favor  - a question for the Next Cruise Desk. We are sailing on the 27th on Beyond and would like to book a July & August sailing while onboard to get the $150 OBC and the current BF of $200 per cabin.  Our agent has advised that he has group space for those sailings. If I book on board with my agent of record , can he take over the booking and MOVE INTO HIS GROUP RATE?  I have done it in the past but for some reason I thought I read Celebrity is no longer permitting the transfer from an onboard booking into a group rate. In the past you just needed to add an additional deposit. 

I would greatly appreciate your checking. If any issues doing this, I would book it now and forfeit the $150 OBC. Black Friday offer is already out. 

I just checked with Future Cruises onboard, and the answer is YES! No problem at all.

6 hours ago, bandp407 said:

I just checked with Future Cruises onboard, and the answer is YES! No problem at all

11 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Is that small travel toiletry bottle approved for food? I will use the syrup provided before I would use one for food.

Its a silicon salad dressing container.  I've used it on numerous trips and I'm alive : )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2022 at 7:01 PM, Angua said:

Hey Jazzbo/anyone else on this sailing,

Could you please swing by the World Class Bat and see if t hey are still offering the Tropically Yours?  That's my favorite but i haven't seen it on any menus lately.  We are on the Reflection in about a month and I need to know if I need to find a new pre dinner drink ;-).

I just checked at World Class Bar — so sorry, they no longer have the ingredients. 

1 hour ago, Jazzbo said:

I just checked with Future Cruises onboard, and the answer is YES! No problem at all

1 hour ago, Jazzbo said:

I just checked at World Class Bar — so sorry, they no longer have the ingredients. 

1 hour ago, Jazzbo said:

Jazzbo - Thank you so very much for taking your time to check this for us. Hope you had a fabulous cruise - looks like it! I see you dock tomorrow. Safe travels back to Orlando ! Thanks again!

6 hours ago, calicakes said:

I bring my own.  

On the Reflection in a Sky  Suite last August, I couldn't get either Mexican salsa or picante sauce for over my eggs with room service so I may bring a jar on my next cruise. The best my butler could get were the tiny bottles of Tobasco, which is not the same. 

Edited by terrydtx