Drink Package

johnnydeo

22 hours ago, capsplace said:

If I am getting a drink for me and my DH, the bartender asks for both sea passes.  

We have had that experience in the past. On our September Summit cruise we both had the CBP. Whenever I ordered drinks for us very rarely did they ask for our Seapass cards. Just our stateroom number. Throughout the cruise I would check our account using the interactive TV and my wife's account always showed zero activity and my account always had the drinks I ordered for the both of us each day at each bar or dining venue.

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

We have had that experience in the past. On our September Summit cruise we both had the CBP. Whenever I ordered drinks for us very rarely did they ask for our Seapass cards. Just our stateroom number. Throughout the cruise I would check our account using the interactive TV and my wife's account always showed zero activity and my account always had the drinks I ordered for the both of us each day at each bar or dining venue.

Agreed.  Sometimes they just ask for cabin number, which presumably they use to check your drink package and if both of you have one.  I believe that’s a carryover from when no one wanted to touch anyone’s seapass. 

On 10/28/2022 at 1:03 PM, johnnydeo said:

Your more than likely right, just wondering if anyone else has done this. 

Someone here may have done this once and for one time only. 

What happens if she decides that a second drink is in order on a particular day?

Seems like you have yet to sail X, there are cameras recording our activities. 

What many of us will advocate for is if she is not a drinker, purchase as she wants one, very economical that way. 

Cheers and bon voyage 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 1:05 PM, Nachosdelux said:

you might get away with it.  you might get kicked off the ship and banned from Celebrity.

Doubt you will be banned or kicked off  worse that will happen is you will lose drink privileges. 

Please don't ruin things for the rest of us by causing Celebrity to go to the policy other lines (Royal, Carnival...) have implemented requiring all passengers over 21 in the cabin to buy the drink package. 

I'm always amazed that people will spend thousands of dollars to go on a cruise and then look for ways to steal a $9 drink. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Please don't ruin things for the rest of us by causing Celebrity to go to the policy other lines (Royal, Carnival...) have implemented requiring all passengers over 21 in the cabin to buy the drink package. 

I'm always amazed that people will spend thousands of dollars to go on a cruise and then look for ways to steal a $9 drink. 

Well I guess people like to save a buck where they can. Its human nature.

52 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I am amazed you have be 21 in the USA to drink 🤣

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I am amazed you have be 21 in the USA to drink 🤣

I don't agree with it, but It is what it is. The drinking age used to be 18, then when I was 19 they changed it to 21 without a "grandfather" clause for those of us who had already been "legal." There was a HUGE black market for fake IDs on my college campus that year. 😉

4 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I don't agree with it, but It is what it is. The drinking age used to be 18, then when I was 19 they changed it to 21 without a "grandfather" clause for those of us who had already been "legal." There was a HUGE black market for fake IDs on my college campus that year. 😉

We all had fake ids when we’re 16 😁

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Well I guess people like to save a buck where they can. Its human nature.

And at someone else’s expense.  Wonder if the OP owned a business how they would feel if a customer came in every day and stole $10-20 from them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

It makes me sad to think that you believe that theft, cheating, and by extension, shoplifting are part of human nature😢

@cruisestitchI think you've misinterpreted my post.  What I meant is even though people spend thousands on a cruise they still like to find ways of saving money where they can. I didn't mean one has to resort to theft and cheating in order to do so.  What about the person with a drinks package who orders a martini and doesn't care for it then offers it to a friend without a drinks package.  Seen that happen also.  Shoplifting!!!  Oh, please. 

Let’s face it.  It’s not that the SO is “one and done.”  If so, the OP would just pay for the one drink per day.  If it’s wine, the OP can bring two bottles, which is plenty for one drink a day for 7 days at no cost.

The rule is that you aren’t to share your package with others who don’t have the package. The OP wants to cheat.  Might get caught. Might not.  In the end, you have to live with yourself.  And the more who do this, the more likely X will make every adult in the cabin buy the same package, which hurts everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1