I toured Prima’s Haven just now

LauraS

26 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Beautiful!

We could not tell. Is there any shaded/covered  lounging areas?  That was the challenge we had with Ocean Blvd, it is almost all out in the open and, even with SPF 100 sunscreen, we still burn easy. 

Not really.  They have a few cabanas which I was thinking would have to be reserved or for top suites.  Staff thought it would be first come, first served.

Haven experience outside for guests is going to be a struggle in very warm or cold climates.

Also, with the bumped out aft sections, it attracts a ton of water and salt from the splash and the top waves we had were only in the ten foot range.

Yeah we have the Prima booked for the spring in the Haven and also recently booked the Joy Haven a few weeks later as a backup, and we’ll drop one before Final. But we’ll probably end up keeping the Joy (unless we really hate it when we sail the first time on that one in a few weeks). The Prima looks beautiful, but we like shade and the indoor sundeck areas in the Breakaway/+ ships, and the Prima just doesn’t have any of that.  🤷‍♂️

Edited by psac
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

Personally does not entice me.

Room does not look that much different except for size than a club balcony.

No shade outside is a no go for me.

Your opinion is appreciated.  Regardless of where a stateroom is located, cruises are what we make of them.  I dearly love the Haven.  I also want a shaded area.  So I also book the Vibe Beach Club.  Seems like a waste because you have the Haven Sundeck.  It probably is a waste.  The difference is when I go into the Vibe, the crew ask me where I want to sit and if I want an Umbrella, Frozen Fruit and Ice water.  

When I go on vacation which is rare, I simply want to feel like a "Rock Star" for a week out of my life.  All that said, the Haven is a complete joy.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, psac said:

Yeah we have the Prima booked for the spring in the Haven and also recently booked the Joy Haven a few weeks later as a backup, and we’ll drop one before Final. But we’ll probably end up keeping the Joy (unless we really hate it when we sail the first time on that one in a few weeks). The Prima looks beautiful, but we like shade and the indoor sundeck areas in the Breakaway/+ ships, and the Prima just doesn’t have any of that.  🤷‍♂️

You have a no lose situation here.  Prima of Joy.  The odds are your vacation will rock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

Your opinion is appreciated.  Regardless of where a stateroom is located, cruises are what we make of them.  I dearly love the Haven.  I also want a shaded area.  So I also book the Vibe Beach Club.  Seems like a waste because you have the Haven Sundeck.  It probably is a waste.  The difference is when I go into the Vibe, the crew ask me where I want to sit and if I want an Umbrella, Frozen Fruit and Ice water.  

When I go on vacation which is rare, I simply want to feel like a "Rock Star" for a week out of my life.  All that said, the Haven is a complete joy.  

It should be for what you pay! Even to become a Rock Star. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hmm, it does not look that "wow" from the pictures. Lots of the new ships have great looking spaces. I have to agree with the poster above. It looks like some of those great spaces that are available without the bigger price tag. Service and amenities can certainly impact experience for sure. But just from those pictures, it doesn't look "all that" as was said back in the day, lol. I guess I was expecting it to look a bit more grand for the price. 

• Like 1

I'm in the minority I suppose. I don't sail on NCL for posh or luxurious or over the top 'wow' factor in décor. 

I sail with them because they're simple, like me. 

I don't sail Haven (when the price is right) to put on airs or go 'oooh la la'. I sail in the Haven because I like being on a slight nod basis with the bartender where my drink of choice is waiting for me by the time I climb up onto those high bar stools.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Um, I freaking love this!

Love the color scheme of the room. As for it being small, I would say it is similar to my haven penthouse on the joy just basing it on photos. I think the TV area is really nice. Only complaint would be the sink...it needs counter space area for makeup application

Love how big the bar is, much needed, and the pool outside is a huge perk for me! (Although I can see how people will miss the more covered pool area...the covered pool areas of the Haven was just not my thing as I wanna see the ocean. Loungers look comfy. Does appear to be a lack of shade. 

Will probably be years before I could afford to sail in one, so I will have to be satisfied by living vicariously through others 😄

Thanks @LauraS for the photos!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dexddd said:

Not really.  They have a few cabanas which I was thinking would have to be reserved or for top suites.  Staff thought it would be first come, first served.

Haven experience outside for guests is going to be a struggle in very warm or cold climates.

Also, with the bumped out aft sections, it attracts a ton of water and salt from the splash and the top waves we had were only in the ten foot range.

Any soot problems?

We recently cruised on the Quantum of the Seas to Alaska in an aft-facing loft. The soot on our balcony was awful. Our loft attendants washed down the balcony morning and night, but we still had to wipe everything down every time we went out, otherwise we would get black soot on our clothes. 

7 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

I'm in the minority I suppose. I don't sail on NCL for posh or luxurious or over the top 'wow' factor in décor. 

I sail with them because they're simple, like me. 

I don't sail Haven (when the price is right) to put on airs or go 'oooh la la'. I sail in the Haven because I like being on a slight nod basis with the bartender where my drink of choice is waiting for me by the time I climb up onto those high bar stools.

Bingo!

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Any soot problems?

We recently cruised on the Quantum of the Seas to Alaska in an aft-facing loft. The soot on our balcony was awful. Our loft attendants washed down the balcony morning and night, but we still had to wipe everything down every time we went out, otherwise we would get black soot on our clothes. 

Just got off Prima 10/27. Yes, we were sitting outside by the Local and there was a lot of soot on the chairs/loungers. 

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Any soot problems?

Way off topic, apologies, but that’s interesting info. We have a trip on the Anthem of the Seas booked in a Grand Suite, and if one of the Sky Lofts opened up, we were going to upgrade if it was reasonable, but that would definitely be a reason not to. We loved the Crown Loft Suite on the Oasis, but location was a big plus with that one as well, and it’s very different from the Anthem location. (And for others, no, the Royal Caribbean suite perks are still nowhere as close as the Haven, though it will be interesting to see how the new Grove on that Icon monstrosity compares.)

19 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

Personally does not entice me.

Room does not look that much different except for size than a club balcony.

No shade outside is a no go for me.

As I said in a different post, an OS on Prima is like second smallest in the fleet as an example as far as OS goes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Any soot problems?

Did not see a speck of soot.  Did see some rust already.  I see Oxo's post below.  Not sure why different other than maybe weather?  Our trip was mostly cool, rainy, foggy.

It's kind of like the Sun where some people get soot and sewage smell aft and others are like what are you talking about.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Did not see a speck of soot.  Did see some rust already.  I see Oxo's post below.  Not sure why different other than maybe weather?  Our trip was mostly cool, rainy, foggy.

It's kind of like the Sun where some people get soot and sewage smell aft and others are like what are you talking about.

Whether there is soot bepends mostly on relative wind.  If the ship is sailing into the wind, soot is less likely as it will be blown beyond the ship before it falls.  Conversely if there is a following wind, then the likelyhood of soot is increased since the wind will blow the soot back towards the ship before it falls.  A crosswise wind will also result in less soot.  It's a bit more complicated than that simple explanation but the concepts is sound.

• Like 4

OK, thank you to the OP for the Pictures.  I wanted to let the stream take shape before I kicked in to deeply.  There are three kinds of guests that will obviously comment on this.  First, past Haven Guests; Second, non-Haven Guests; Third, non-Haven Guest that have never liked or wanted to sail in the Haven. 

My perspective is as a past Haven Guest.  

• The Haven Pool:  I have only used the Haven Pool once.  It is in the Haven Courtyard with or without a retractable roof.  The feel I want is the full shine of the sun which is lost when in the Haven Courtyard.  The Prima fixes that issue with the infinity pool which has a much better view on a nice day.  
  • The Haven Bar:  Most folks complained about the size and staffing of the Haven Bar.  The Prima adds crew and has more bars.  This is a great benefit for the outside area and I think they learned from the Vibe Beach Club having a bar.  
  • The Haven Location:  The front of the ship was nice however the back is much nicer when the ship is sailing.  NCL took a page off of other brands idea's and locations. 
  • The Haven Extra Bedrooms:  The Two Bedroom villas and the Owners Suites have real beds in their second bedrooms.  An Actual second bedroom that is just as comfortable as the Master Bedroom.
  • The Haven Sundeck Shade:  This is a mistake by NCL.  I love to be outside but it only took on really bad sunburn to look for a shaded area.  This is sad to me because when you enter the Vibe Beach Club, the first question is where do you want the umbrella placed. 
  • The Haven Lounge Chairs:  They have always been comfortable however these look to be even more comfortable.   

The bottom line is NCL fixed some issues, improved some issues and missed some issues.  When someone whom has not stayed in the Haven comment that it seems to be the same as the rest of the ship, they are missing the concept of the Haven.  Quiet, less people, personalized service, better food/drink, and exclusivity.  If that does not float someone's boat, the rest of the ship is quite lovely it seems.  If we are evaluating the cost, than this debate will never end.  No correct answer.  All I know is the Haven sells out quick during normal times.  That in itself it the results NCL is looking for. 

• Like 6