HAL further relaxes protocols...

BermudaBound2014

HAL will no longer check for a vaccination card (unless required by destination) and they drop all pre-cruise testing effective immediately on cruises less than 15 days. 

image.png.5a0f1a7aefeb40e7ac3f11ab72555e07.png

image.png.5dee711e1d7bc24791f89d0e63201178.png

https://www.cruisehive.com/another-carnival-brand-ditches-requirements-for-most-cruises/86075

This was just published yesterday so I'm assuming these are actual relaxed changes to existing protocols. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nothing  on the website protocols page yet.  I don’t sail until 2023, I expect by then they may drop all protocols unless required by destination. I expect a lot of destinations to drop protocols also

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 3

I noticed this change earlier this week.  I used the tool to check next weekend’s requirements, no vaccination and no test.  I was surprised.  I’m curious what happens to Verifly after I do the health assessment.  I’m still bringing the card just in case.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I noticed this change earlier this week.  I used the tool to check next weekend’s requirements, no vaccination and no test.  I was surprised.  I’m curious what happens to Verifly after I do the health assessment.  I’m still bringing the card just in case.

There was a thread earlier this week so its not news.  Someone on that thread reported the verifly signs have been taken down at the port.  I dont remember any port mentioned by name. Figures they would do this once I got my verifly up and going.  I'm going to take my vaccination papers with me as well just in case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I believe the rational is that longer cruises have more time to pass infection.

Which is hokum.   You need 15 to 30 seconds , no more .  It is a weirdism of modern public health.   Yes, if you are around more people you increase your odds but you don’t need more time.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, summer slope said:

I wonder why no pre-testing is just for cruises 15 days and under?

It’s nonsense really. We have a 21 day cruise coming up in February on Rotterdam. However, as with how HAL is running cruises these days our 21 day cruise is really a back to back. We will have guests leaving after the first leg when we do the turn around in Fort Lauderdale. Those on first leg leaving and those joining in the second leg will not require a test at any time,  yet anyone booked on the 21 day will be required to test.  It’s ludicrous really.  Fingers crossed they change again these ridiculous testing requirements come February… we also are fully vaxxed with two boosters! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sayvan said:

It’s nonsense really. We have a 21 day cruise coming up in February on Rotterdam. However, as with how HAL is running cruises these days our 21 day cruise is really a back to back. We will have guests leaving after the first leg when we do the turn around in Fort Lauderdale. Those on first leg leaving and those joining in the second leg will not require a test at any time,  yet anyone booked on the 21 day will be required to test.  It’s ludicrous really.  Fingers crossed they change again these ridiculous testing requirements come February… we also are fully vaxxed with two boosters! 

I am also doing a 21 day cruise on the Rotterdam in March. My booking was made as an 10 day cruise and an 11 day cruise, basically a B2B.  Yes, I have 2 booking numbers.  One of the people traveling with me has hers booked as a collector cruise, 21 days with only one booking number.  So are our protocols currently different?  I recognize everything evolving Covid is subject to change at any time but I'm curious as to what others think. TIA              

Verifly app has not worked every time I’ve tried for days. Circle just keeps going around and around for both cruises and flights. It worked great for me in September for both my flight and cruise. No requirements of testing for my cruise tomorrow so maybe the app has shut down??? 🤷‍♀️

5 hours ago, sayvan said:

I would check, you are on a collective voyage. ( A back to back) which is different than a straight 15 day cruise. 

Waiting with interest to see if/when HAL will drop pre-cruise testing for all cruises. Sailing on a 16 day (not B2B) in December so coming in just over the 15 day no testing requirement. I don't anticipate they'll drop the requirement, but policies have been changing almost daily since summer, so who knows. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infi said:

Waiting with interest to see if/when HAL will drop pre-cruise testing for all cruises. Sailing on a 16 day (not B2B) in December so coming in just over the 15 day no testing requirement. I don't anticipate they'll drop the requirement, but policies have been changing almost daily since summer, so who knows. 

No testing required for this cruise (I know because we're booked on it).  You can verify it yourself by going to this link on HAL's website and entering your booking number, first and last name (don't need the voyage number).  It will show you protocols for all cruises that embark by the end of this year.

Booking or Voyage Lookup (hollandamerica.com)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mightycruisequeen said:

Whoa... Even better!!

According to this link, cruises as long as 21 days are not required to be vaccinated OR any tests. If the link at Hal's site is correct, that means the article published is incorrect and the relaxed protocols are not limited to cruises 15 days or less.

Example... I clicked on link for Nieuw Statendam that says "standard". That is a 21 day sailing departing in December, but the link indicated no testing needed.

image.thumb.png.e92891f0b76ad2867ba04c5c86acf2f0.png

image.thumb.png.bb7bbe9ba2cc2446f946b73827b39147.png

Am I missing something? 

17 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Whoa... Even better!!

According to this link, cruises as long as 21 days are not required to be vaccinated OR any tests. If the link at Hal's site is correct, that means the article published is incorrect and the relaxed protocols are not limited to cruises 15 days or less.

Example... I clicked on link for Nieuw Statendam that says "standard". That is a 21 day sailing departing in December, but the link indicated no testing needed.

image.thumb.png.e92891f0b76ad2867ba04c5c86acf2f0.png

image.thumb.png.bb7bbe9ba2cc2446f946b73827b39147.png

Am I missing something? 

Nope!   I printed out the Protocols for our specific sailing in 2022, and you better believe I'm bringing it with us to the pier for check-in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mightycruisequeen said:

Nope!   I printed out the Protocols for our specific sailing in 2022, and you better believe I'm bringing it with us to the pier for check-in.

Thanks for sharing!

On a separate note; It's frustrating to me that the news can get so many things wrong. How hard can it be? lol.  I suspect when we look back at the last few years we will realize many things that we were led to believe turn out inaccurate. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Infi said:

If you haven't noticed yet; it looks like they have already dropped the requirements for your 16 day cruise :). https://book2.hollandamerica.com/protocols/?voyage=all

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Just now, BermudaBound2014 said:

lol.  I suspect when we look back at the last few years we will realize many things that we were led to believe turn out inaccurate. 

That is an understatement.   It is not going to be pretty. 

• Like 3