Covid quarantine

athertbc

I just got quarantined for Covid on the odyssey of the seas. The Royal Caribbean medical staff, and the rest of the staff on board have been super supportive of the situation. The question I have is regards to whether royal provides free Internet or free movie channels in these cases. Appreciate your comments.

11 minutes ago, athertbc said:

I just got quarantined for Covid on the odyssey of the seas. The Royal Caribbean medical staff, and the rest of the staff on board have been super supportive of the situation. The question I have is regards to whether royal provides free Internet or free movie channels in these cases. Appreciate your comments.

I recently had to isolate in my cabin on Oasis and was told I got free room service, free pay per view movies and free bottled water.  I didn't bother to ask about free internet as I already had Voom.  I was charged for both room service and movies and had to have it corrected by Guest Services.

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, athertbc said:

You are on the ship with access the the ultimate authority on the topic, and you are asking on CC??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You are on the ship with access the the ultimate authority on the topic, and you are asking on CC??

Unfortunately, you tend to get different answers from different people, so I thought if someone has already gone through it at least I could use that as an example

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I recently had to isolate in my cabin on Oasis and was told I got free room service, free pay per view movies and free bottled water.  I didn't bother to ask about free internet as I already had Voom.  I was charged for both room service and movies and had to have it corrected by Guest Services.

Thanks

• Like 1

From the other threads that have been posted on this topic in the last week or two,  the main thing I've taken from the advice is that whatever they tell you you're going to receive, make sure they give it to you in written form, BEFORE you leave the ship.

Make sure the letter has your name on it, and that it tells you how many days you're getting the benefits for and/or you have some way of proving which day you went into quarantine.

It should also tell you when you should expect your pro-rated refund (if that's still a benefit they're offering), and who you can contact once you're off the ship if you need to follow up. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

Sorry you are in quarantine.   Hope you feel better soon😃

I had covid 2 weeks ago and quarantined at home for 5 days before returning to work.  For me and others in my office, the worst part was fatigue and annoying cough.  Fatigue is better now but I do tire easier than precovid.  Cough is still annoying.

Edited by Sunshine3601

8 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Nothing can be added after you leave the ship .

None of the charges that appeared where added after leaving the ship in my case, they appeared just like any other charge, when I made the purchase.  I had been told by medical that room service and pay per view movies were free but they don't flag your account.  You just have to get them removed.