Help!

bhawks9

If you got the upgrade you bid on you may well have to accept it. (I'm sure others here will know if this is correct or not.) If you haven't actually received a notification of acceptance you can simply cancel the upgrade bid.

Edited by Thrak

30 minutes ago, sonomaphil said:

"Once a Bid is accepted, the Guest is legally bound to complete payment for the price stated in the Bid."

From the T&C's.

Wow, that’s crazy! It’s playing roulette with leftover cabins that no one booked. I don’t see us ever doing this.

I finally got through to Princess and they canceled the upgrade.  The issue is my cabin now shows available to book on the website! Also concerned some other bidder may get the cabin I was in.    They said it takes three to five days to process the cancellation. I called within an hour of getting the email to cancel, you would think in this day and age it would be quicker especially when no payment was made.  I am working off the wording in #3 below.     EE6C819D-09AC-4E8B-BE89-93DF65286100.thumb.jpeg.ed240d44bdf489f69f25dcfddb03beaf.jpeg

First time doing this of course as it is new.  The price on the upgrade to mini suite was pretty low so that enticed me to bid.  We got the mini suite directly across from the laundry room.  Anywhere else I would have probably accepted.  I have seen on the boards folks that have got a bad location on an bid and their PVP was able to move them (after they accepted) to a better location.  My planner is on leave so didn’t want to chance it.  Lesson learned, will not do this again.  

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, bhawks9 said:

First time doing this of course as it is new.  The price on the upgrade to mini suite was pretty low so that enticed me to bid.  We got the mini suite directly across from the laundry room.  Anywhere else I would have probably accepted.  I have seen on the boards folks that have got a bad location on an bid and their PVP was able to move them (after they accepted) to a better location.  My planner is on leave so didn’t want to chance it.  Lesson learned, will not do this again.  

Being across from a laundry room is not bad. They are not open 24/7. I have never been bothered by noise from them when we've had cabins close to one.

I received an email this week that my bid for an upgrade was accepted. I originally booked the lowest category of inside cabin and had been assigned a Cat. IB. It was on the Aloha Deck--a little higher up than I wanted. I took a chance by bidding on the upgrade to an obstructed view cabin. There are four of them on the Lido Deck I did not want. Almost all of them are on the Emerald Deck, which is a great location for me--not as many stairs to climb. I got the upgrade to an Emerald Deck cabin, thankfully.

• Like 1