Oasis/ freedom change of itinerary?

mcatmcat

4 minutes ago, hollon said:

is this normal for this time of year, was wanting to go the first of DEC????? and I don't want my son n law to get sick, hes never cruised before? any advice

Normal? It's uncommon but hurricane season runs until November 30th so there are definitely storms in November.

Advice? Not to worry about it. Ships change course to avoid truly bad weather and it's unlikely to encounter a storm in early December.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hollon said:

is this normal for this time of year, was wanting to go the first of DEC????? and I don't want my son n law to get sick, hes never cruised before? any advice

It’s not typical, but it’s not abnormal.   

We leave tomorrow on the Anthem from Bayonne to Port Canaveral and Bahamas next week. We have been on this ship before in a storm and it was fine and I suffer with motion sickness in the car lol. Cant change the weather. We plan to enjoy this cruise no matter what. If we end up in somewhere else fine by us. We book for the ship/stateroom and not necessarily the itinerary. Enjoy!

15 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

I was wondering if sailing for this Sunday 6th has changed itineraries. I was told a small tropical system is coming and waves can be up to 10 feet close to Miami and. Cococay  

On Oasis currently and will be for the next sailing. No notice so far of an itinerary change.

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Waves up to 10 feet would barely be noticed by most passengers

The waves are forecast to be 25-30 ft. This level of wave would be noticed by all passengers. It always cracks me up to read posts from people who consider themselves to be sea dogs and make statements like oh I love it ...higher the better...rocks me to sleep. In reality, it is total nonsense. 15+ waves shut down most entertainment, pools and the like. No one wants to see others being sick. It ruins the vacation. Fortunately, it is rare but sometimes there is no avoiding it. Should be an interesting week ahead...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rolloman said:

The waves are forecast to be 25-30 ft. This level of wave would be noticed by all passengers. It always cracks me up to read posts from people who consider themselves to be sea dogs and make statements like oh I love it ...higher the better...rocks me to sleep. In reality, it is total nonsense. 15+ waves shut down most entertainment, pools and the like. No one wants to see others being sick. It ruins the vacation. Fortunately, it is rare but sometimes there is no avoiding it. Should be an interesting week ahead...

Where did you read that wave forecast?