I Called Celebrity to ask about MoveUp Offer details

Grumpella

I put in the information about my cruise on Celebrity website and it said that I was eligible to do the upgrade offer for my cruise on the Millenium on December 10th.

I am booked in a Concierge Guarantee.

The website says that Aquaclass includes drinks, wi-fi and tips.

However, when I called Celebrity to confirm this, I was told that if I do the Moveup, the perks are not included, only the room.  I would be able to eat at the restaurant Blu.

The Celebrity agent told me that if I wanted to upgrade through her, the perks would be included.  They wanted $2,163 for the upgrade for a Aquaclass Guarantee, plus more for the travel insurance.

I asked if this also applied to the MoveUp off for suites and she said yes.

It seems to be a little deceptive to me.

It’s spelled out in the terms and conditions and I believe also the FAQ. Any perks (Wi-Fi, beverage package, and included gratuities) you keep from your original booking along with the number of loyalty points you would earn from your original booking. 

But you gain any amenities (like Blu, Luminae, concierge, Butler, etc.). 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, prmssk said:

It’s spelled out in the terms and conditions and I believe also the FAQ. Any perks (Wi-Fi, beverage package, and included gratuities) you keep from your original booking along with the number of loyalty points you would earn from your original booking. 

This, it’s not complicated. 

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

So, if we're currently in Aqua with wifi, drinks and gratuities and a ton of OBC and move up to a suite we keep everything we have and also get access to Luminae and the retreat?

Just now, chamima said:

So, if we're currently in Aqua with wifi, drinks and gratuities and a ton of OBC and move up to a suite we keep everything we have and also get access to Luminae and the retreat?

Yes, although your beverage and Wi-Fi packages would not be upgraded to the premium versions unless you had already paid for those upgrades.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Another poster posted this as another alternative " Cabin:  We booked an interior, and when we boarded, I went to the Concierge Desk to ask about a paid upgrade since I knew cabins were available.  We ended up getting a Balcony for a very reasonable price (about a fourth of the total bid guidelines for the offer they email you before the cruise). As I said, I asked at the Concierge desk to get on the list first thing.  Roughly, the rate is $39/person per night.  Concierge said that I was number one on the list and not to unpack.  Said they would know at closeout.  We were assigned our new room at about 3:15."

"It ain't over. til its over." Yogi Berra

This is from another thread about MoveUp offers.

Does anyone know if you upgrade this way do all of the benefits of the upgraded cabin kick in?

Another question - can you use an FCC from a cancelled cruise (from the cash portion we actually paid) towards a MoveUp?

29 minutes ago, chamima said:

This is from another thread about MoveUp offers.

Does anyone know if you upgrade this way do all of the benefits of the upgraded cabin kick in?

Another question - can you use an FCC from a cancelled cruise (from the cash portion we actually paid) towards a MoveUp?

You cannot use a FCC.  It is thru a 3rd party vendor and requires a CCard payment.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

We all know that many do not go to the website as asking here is easier.  And way easier than searching Cruise Critic to see if the question has been asked before.

As @hrhdhd put it, it can be difficult to determine what is a perk vs an amenity.  Celebrity has minimized the use of the word "perk" since they deployed always/all included

• Thanks 1