What are the odds?

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

The guy who worked at Coffee bar on Adventure in Dec 2019 was on Liberty Dec 2021.  He remembered my wife and almost remembered her special order.  She gets multiple Latte's a day... 

sugar free vanilla Latte with no fat milk and 2 Splendas. He forgot about the Splenda. Amazing after 2 years.

Yeah, I'm always amazed when this happens to us, too.  How do they do it?  I sometimes fail to recognize my every-week students if we cross paths in a different setting.

Two years after being our cabin steward, we were stopped in the passageway of a different ship by the same man, just pausing there to say hello to us, with recollections of that cruise.  Same with some of the MDR servers.

As to fellow passengers, yes, we do see a few of the same people from time to time.  Small world.

On 11/6/2022 at 4:00 PM, superduper123 said:

What are the odds of randomly seeing the same couple (complete strangers) on two different cruises?

Here's a similar story:  While waiting to board Independence, I went into the terminal bathroom.  Who was in line ahead of me?  My brother-in-law's sister!  Someone I know but kinda only see at family events -- neither of us knew the other would be cruising.  

1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Here's a similar story:  While waiting to board Independence, I went into the terminal bathroom.  Who was in line ahead of me?  My brother-in-law's sister!  Someone I know but kinda only see at family events -- neither of us knew the other would be cruising.  

When you said in-law, it jogged my memory of the time I ran into my cousin's MIL and FIL on a long transatlantic!  I had no idea they were into long cruises.  

On my last cruise, ran into a couple I had cruised with 7 years ago from my LCR group.

@Tree_skierI have no idea how the crew do it with faces let alone drink orders.  I remember on my first cruise on another line, I was greeted by name at the hostess stand of a specialty restaurant.  I dined a few times at that restaurant and could see the hostess "studying" the sea passes of the upcoming guests.  Very impressive.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

On 11/6/2022 at 3:46 PM, DirtyDawg said:

About the same as winning the Powerball lottery. 

🤔 Meeting the same cruisers on two separate cruises or winning $1.9 Billion? 🤔

bad-choice-you-chose-poorly.gif

😁

Have a fun cruise!

It's great to run in to people a second time, no matter what the odds are.  However, I'd rather have the 1.9.