Embarkation from Seward for Alaska cruise

CruzinMel

D@mn! Several posters here have indeed intrigued me ... we're booked on two B2B on Spirit next May - Vancouver-Seward-Vancouver, and am contemplating on changing it to Seward-Vancouver-Seward.

I'm asking @chengkp75 if it is possible for us to do that ... some years back I saw somewhere on this CC that B2B Sew-Van-Sew is not allowed due to something like PSVA.

If others have the knowledge, please feel free to post.

TIA.

6 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

D@mn! Several posters here have indeed intrigued me ... we're booked on two B2B on Spirit next May - Vancouver-Seward-Vancouver, and am contemplating on changing it to Seward-Vancouver-Seward.

I'm asking @chengkp75 if it is possible for us to do that ... some years back I saw somewhere on this CC that B2B Sew-Van-Sew is not allowed due to something like PSVA.

TIA.

Any of your contemplated options are permissible.

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2022 at 2:29 PM, CruzinMel said:

Just because I'm curious, why is it easier to embark from Alaska than Vancouver?

Seward’s embarkation is very spread out throughout the day, so there’s usually a small to no line, and it’s a small town so very easy to navigate. There’s no customs to clear as you’re still in the US. 

Vancouver is notorious for long lines and waits during embarkation. Some of it is because multiple ships can be embarking at the same time from the same terminal, so they funnel through one security line before going to separate check-ins. There’s also an extra step involved, to clear US customs, which slows the process down. Don’t get me wrong; we love embarking from Vancouver because we live exploring Vancouver Pre-cruise, but it’s just far easier to depart from Seward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2022 at 5:42 AM, bluesea777 said:

TIA.

I’m not an expert on this as a legal matter, however I know of multiple people who have done the B2B from Seward or Whittier with no issues. 

• Thanks 1

We are also on the South bound on our August 2023 sailing.  We are flying in two days before to Anchorage and we made our own train reservation to leave 6:45 a.m. on the day of our cruise.     Right now we have reservations at the Holiday Inn but will change if I see a lower rate.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, vacation44 said:

We are also on the South bound on our August 2023 sailing.  We are flying in two days before to Anchorage and we made our own train reservation to leave 6:45 a.m. on the day of our cruise.     Right now we have reservations at the Holiday Inn but will change if I see a lower rate.

Great plans!