Has Celebrity changed the size of the burgers served fleet wide?

Tipsy252

We like to treat ourselves to once or twice to a Celebrity burger from the Mast Grill when on a cruise, usually for a late lunch after excursions. Whilst on the Apex this past September, the size of the burgers seemed to have increased. The burgers we received on the Apex were thick Quarter Pounder burgers, which was a nice surprise. Previous cruises on other Celebrity ships (Silhouette, Milennium, Infinity, etc.) the burgers are usually the normal burger thickness and about 2oz.

Just wondered if anyone on recent sailings could confirm if the thicker Quarter Pounder burgers are now being served on the other ships, or just on Apex? Wondered if it was a fleet wide change or special for Apex Mast Grill.

Edited by Tipsy252

44 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The hamburgers at the Mast Grill on the Beyond in October were very large.  I actually prefer the previous ones.

Yes. I got the big burgers on the next Beyond cruise but personally, I liked them. Guess it depends on who you ask. 

• Like 1

This makes me laugh, so many commenting on smaller portions, downgrading of the food and they offer a larger burger in a included venue and some of us don't like it as well as the smaller version.

They just can't win - lol

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

Around here, restaurant burgers are 8 to 10 ounces, which is ridiculous - but lets them charge for it, too. I like a good 4-6 oz burger, so I wouldn’t mind the quarter pounder. More than that and it will interfere with the evening meals! Less than that, and it’s really a snack, but not a healthy one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

This makes me laugh, so many commenting on smaller portions, downgrading of the food and they offer a larger burger in a included venue and some of us don't like it as well as the smaller version.

Look on the bright side!!  We have something new and different to 'discuss'...

• Haha 5

68 cruises and I have never had a hamburger on a cruise ship, no hot dog either, just seems strange to me to not try the great offerings for lunch in the buffet especially on 4 cruises we had on the Equinox, what great selections. Just off the Infinity 3 weeks ago  and the buffet area was a lot smaller but there was still a pretty good variety.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I cruise on X about ten sailings a year, have had both and they both are extremely bland beef patties, Carnivals Guy burgers are much better.  The Mast Grill hotdogs are outright gross, wish they would buy costco hotdogs.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

I found the smaller hamburgers had more flavor.....due to the increased fat content?

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I cruise on X about ten sailings a year, have had both and they both are extremely bland beef patties, Carnivals Guy burgers are much better.  The Mast Grill hotdogs are outright gross, wish they would buy costco hotdogs.  

es, we love the Costco hotdogs too 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Best cruise ship burger is Guys Burgers on Carnival. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rjrpar said:

Best cruise ship burger is Guys Burgers on Carnival. 

I'd agree - at least that it's the best "included" burger. The BEST burger I've crossed paths with at sea was at the Lawn Club Grill, hands down!

i-LtZH3TN-L.jpg

As to burger size -- at places where they're not willing/able to cook it rare, then DEFINITELY I'd opt for thinner burgers! A thicker well done burger is not at all appealing to me.

Tom

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Completely agree. Just returned for Silhouette TA and found the hamburgers bland and the hotdog was inedible. One bite and I threw it away! The food in Blu was simply outstanding for me! I found that food in the Oceanview was mediocre. Others may differ as taste differs in people.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

68 cruises and I have never had a hamburger on a cruise ship, no hot dog either, just seems strange to me to not try the great offerings for lunch in the buffet especially on 4 cruises we had on the Equinox, what great selections. Just off the Infinity 3 weeks ago  and the buffet area was a lot smaller but there was still a pretty good variety.

The buffet isn’t serving much when you get back from a shore excursion at 3:30.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jelayne said:

Some folks refuse to be happy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1