Drink package.

ptite

I thought I saw on Facebook this morning… haven’t verified…  that HAL changed their drink policy to charge the overage on drinks not on your plan, not the cost of the drink. I hope this is so. Can anyone (onboard now) verify?

10 minutes ago, gwilli said:

I thought I saw on Facebook this morning… haven’t verified…  that HAL changed their drink policy to charge the overage on drinks not on your plan, not the cost of the drink. I hope this is so. Can anyone (onboard now) verify?

There was a post from someone currently on N Statendam that said that is what they are doing there.  Whether they are doing it fleet wide, I do not know for sure.

13 minutes ago, Chickadee910 said:

FYI if you get a beverage card and don’t use it all the remained is added on to your tab on the last night.

I believe this policy has changed to no refund.  I haven't cruised since Jan 2022 but that was the case then

2 hours ago, Banditswife said:

There was a post from someone currently on N Statendam that said that is what they are doing there.  Whether they are doing it fleet wide, I do not know for sure.

I just saw a sign on Rotterdam that said this exact policy, expressing it as a change in policy. You now only pay the overage on drinks costing above your drink package limit. I am guessing that those drinks will still count towards your daily limit, tho this was not stated on the sign.

• Thanks 4

33 minutes ago, ksmaxey said:

I believe this policy has changed to no refund.  I haven't cruised since Jan 2022 but that was the case then

For sure I can say that wasn’t the policy on the koningsdam in mar 2022.  I did get a refund.  I did buy it outright.  I didn’t use gifts cards etc.

2 hours ago, ksmaxey said:

If your TA gives you a beverage card as a perk, you do not get any balance refunded. However, if you purchase the beverage card, any remaining amount is applied to your account - or refunded if there is no account balance. As of a July 2022 cruise

17 hours ago, SweetsugarNL said:

Bosche Bol.

Thank you!  I can never remember the correct name.  We just ask each other "Will we have one of those very small, low fat, low sugar, low cholesterol, health food buns with our skinny lattes?" 😉😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Thank you!  I can never remember the correct name.  We just ask each other "Will we have one of those very small, low fat, low sugar, low cholesterol, health food buns with our skinny lattes?" 😉😁

Hahaha!

Yeah, I am Dutch so I know these.

On the Rotterdam I only eat one but it was so good!

On 11/12/2022 at 10:16 AM, Highway27 said:

I just saw a sign on Rotterdam that said this exact policy, expressing it as a change in policy. You now only pay the overage on drinks costing above your drink package limit. I am guessing that those drinks will still count towards your daily limit, tho this was not stated on the sign.

I contacted HAL yesterday and was told that we will be charged the full amount on the Zuizerdam next week. Will have to check on board.

I’m not familiar with Holland America drink package. Do both people in your cabin have to purchase the same drink package?  My husband doesn’t drink alcohol and on Princess with both have to purchase the same package. Doesn’t seem fair but that’s the way it is. 

11 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

I take it from the picture that they really aren't all those things? :):) 

21 minutes ago, Cruiser-66 said:

I’m not familiar with Holland America drink package. Do both people in your cabin have to purchase the same drink package?  My husband doesn’t drink alcohol and on Princess with both have to purchase the same package. Doesn’t seem fair but that’s the way it is. 

Yes, both people have to have the package.

On 11/12/2022 at 10:58 AM, gwilli said:

I just disembarked the Nieuw Statendam and saw a sign, and confirmed with a waiter, you pay price difference and tip above $11 drink.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

39 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

I take it from the picture that they really aren't all those things? :):) 

Well, the lattes are skinny! 😂 That's about all! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/12/2022 at 11:58 AM, gwilli said:

We are on Eurodam this week and was told by our dinner waiter that they would only charge the difference...and even that was not charged to our bill. We haven't found any drinks that we wanted that were over $11, but it was nice to have that Remy Martin after dinner one night.