Black Friday Sale - Nov 11 thru Dec 1

NorthStarStateCruiser

I've looked at several itineraries that interest me and none of them are worthy of being called a "Black Friday Sale"  The two cruises I currently have booked in the next year would cost $400 to $1800 more to book them now. None of cruises I might be interested in seem like much of a bargain.  I think I'll wait for better rates down the road.

We booked two newly released cruises so the Black Fri sale was useful for getting the price reduction and extra OBC. My guess is that the released sailings already had their prices set with the Black Friday sale in mind. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2022 at 8:19 PM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

They posted the flyer for the Black Friday sale on their marketing website.  Nothing too special as expected.  Same deal they've been running, but extra OBC.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_11_11_22_BlackFriday.pdf

image.thumb.png.cd179808445c42fed1e7d9e0cbd46396.png

Our travel agent has repriced our Reflection Transatlantic October 23 to take advantage of this offer. If we cancel, rebook, change cabin and pay a larger deposit after allowing for the extra OBC we will save 💲5. Surprisingly we haven't bothered.

On 11/12/2022 at 7:07 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

$800 OBC is if you have 4 people booked in the cabin, $200 OBC for each person 😉

The OBC amount is dependent on the length of cruise.

Over 10 days it’s $800.

Ive just booked a 10nt cruise from Southampton for May 23,two of us in cabin=$800 OBC.

9 hours ago, granddutchess said:

We are sailing on the Edge in January in Concierge cabin.  The price has gone up almost 3000.00 from what we paid.  I do not call that a SALE.  

There is no Black Friday sale just heavily inflated prices to accommodate the OBC and there is no non refundable option on my TA cruise at least for my category.  They've actually added another $153 to the price to make it non refundable and raised the price an extra $400 pp. 

Really, it seems the only people making out on this sale are those of us that booked in the past month or two.

I didn't see my price go up at all and I was able to get the OBC as a bonus through this offering.

However, it's very apparent by the responses here that those that booked further back will not benefit.

8 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

I've looked at several itineraries that interest me and none of them are worthy of being called a "Black Friday Sale"  The two cruises I currently have booked in the next year would cost $400 to $1800 more to book them now. None of cruises I might be interested in seem like much of a bargain.  I think I'll wait for better rates down the road.

I also think there will some good sales come for  2024  cruises if can wait until after final payment date if you don’t care where your cabin is located

FCC from all the cancelled Covid will be used up by than 

25 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I also think there will some good sales come for  2024  cruises if can wait until after final payment date if you don’t care where your cabin is located

FCC from all the cancelled Covid will be used up by than 

Fortunately my sister and I booked an IV  early October but we've decided due to the long cruise we want our own cabins so looking at insides. They are giving $400 in onboard credit  equaling $560 CAD which they've incorporated in the pricing plus extra to make refundable.  Even someone not good in math can figure it out. 

6 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Fortunately my sister and I booked an IV  early October but we've decided due to the long cruise we want our own cabins so looking at insides. They are giving $400 in onboard credit  equaling $560 CAD which they've incorporated in the pricing plus extra to make refundable.  Even someone not good in math can figure it out. 

You almost need to do a spread sheet to figure out pricing 

I book when I see a price that  I think is a good bang per dollar .💰

we use to book inside but I have been told I can only book balconies now,

after 43 years I do as I am told , ( or usually do what I am told 😁

3 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You almost need to do a spread sheet to figure out pricing 

I book when I see a price that  I think is a good bang per dollar .💰

we use to book inside but I have been told I can only book balconies now,

after 43 years I do as I am told , ( or usually do what I am told 😁

You sound like my DH but he no longer cruises so I travel solo with a friend or my sister who I'm going with on this cruise. It's a 15 night TA and doubt we'll sit by the IV much anyway as too many days across the Atlantic so we figured after 18 nights together better get our own cabins.  

49 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

You sound like my DH but he no longer cruises so I travel solo with a friend or my sister who I'm going with on this cruise. It's a 15 night TA and doubt we'll sit by the IV much anyway as too many days across the Atlantic so we figured after 18 nights together better get our own cabins.  

I think my wife would be happy if I was in an inside cabin along as she can be in a balcony or balconette 😁

• Haha 1

These endless so called "Sales" are all so fake and misleading. I looked at all 4 of our future booked cruises and in every case this "sale" would cost more than what I'm already booked. For example, my two, January 2024, cruises of Australia and NZ, this "sale" is over $2000 more for each cruise in cost. We are booked on all cruises in the Retreat, so we already get the extra OBC, and this "sale" adds no more to what we already get.

I love Celebrity but these sale offerings are misleading and never real sales.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

These endless so called "Sales" are all so fake and misleading. I looked at all 4 of our future booked cruises and in every case this "sale" would cost more than what I'm already booked. My 2, January 2024, cruises of Australia and NZ this "sale" is $2000 each more in cost.  I love Celebrity but these sale offerings are misleading and never real sales.

I agree! It's rather annoying. It's just not cruise lines that do this either. Land-based tour operators are notorious for inflating brochure rates to be able to say they're offering limited time "specials" of 75% off. We stayed at a Sandals resort last year and if we'd payed the "full" catalogue price we would have spent over $30,000 Canadian for a week. LOL! If I had spare $30,000 kicking around to spend on a week in the sun, it definitely wouldn't be in a 300 square-foot room at an all-inclusive mass market chain! 😉 (We have enjoyed our Sandals and Celebrity vacations, though, sales tactics aside.)

Having said that, does anyone want to speculate on what Celebrity will do for Boxing Day? Would I be dreaming to think that maybe prices will be better then for a March 2023 Apex cruise? 

Edited by BeachTunes
Corrected an error.

6 minutes ago, BeachTunes said:

I agree! It's rather annoying. It's just not cruise lines that do this either. Land-based tour operators are notorious for inflating brochure rates to be able to say they're offering limited time "specials" of 75% off. We stayed at a Sandals resort last year and if we'd payed the "full" catalogue price we would have spent over $30,000 Canadian for a week. LOL! If I had spare $30,000 kicking around to spend on a week in the sun, it definitely wouldn't be in a 300 square-foot room at an all-inclusive mass market chain! 😉 (We have enjoyed our Sandals and Celebrity vacations, though, sales tactics aside.)

Having said that, does anyone want to speculate on what Celebrity will do for Boxing Day? Would I be dreaming to think that maybe prices will be better then for a March 2023 Apex cruise? 

These sales are probably for those who don't care what they pay as long as they get a "discount", LOL.  Years ago, I had a customer who wouldn't buy anything from me unless I gave him at least a 10% discount, so I added 10% to my price and he bought every time.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BeachTunes said:

Would I be dreaming to think that maybe prices will be better then for a March 2023 Apex cruise? 

Not  a dream but perhaps a nightmare.  We booked an IV cabin on October 5th  for our April 2023 TA.  The price was good and has gone up considerably since then but we now are looking to get our own inside cabin.  The inside cabins haven't sold since we booked 7 weeks ago yet Celebrity has made them so expensive granted there is $400 onbosrd credit but you are paying for it upfront.   I don't understand the logic behind it can they really sail with all these vacant inside cabins?

• Like 1

We just booked 1st time on Celebrity although we've cruised on Royal many times.  Can I switch our booking to a travel agent for additional perks/OBC?  Where do I find a good TA?  I had a good one and since he has retired, I can't find a good one with good perks and one that will reprice when there are price reductions.

2 hours ago, soccer2010 said:

We just booked 1st time on Celebrity although we've cruised on Royal many times.  Can I switch our booking to a travel agent for additional perks/OBC?  Where do I find a good TA?  I had a good one and since he has retired, I can't find a good one with good perks and one that will reprice when there are price reductions.

You have 30 days to transfer to a TA.    Finding a good TA is not easy and unfortunately you can't get much help on this site as they have rules against mentioning TAs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

And don't worry, it will be extended for Cyber Monday...lol

I can't wait for December 1st. This so called sale can't get any worse. Even the Celebrity agent I spoke to today said the same

• Haha 1