Wine list photos here

photopro2

While on our last cruise I took a quick snap of the wine list on my phone so that I could browse it at leisure back in the cabin.

There have been a number of questions on the board about available wines and my first thought was to post these images to one of those threads. It then occurred to me that it might be useful to have a single thread showing a selection of wine lists, from various Viking ships and cruises, that people can be referred to. This could be expanded and kept up-to-date over time.

If you already have any photos of wine lists you could post them straight away or you might be able to collect images on future trips to post later, as I will try to remember to do.

I think it would be helpful to include the name of the ship, itinerary and date as in my example below.

Note: Unfortunately I did not photograph the whole wine list, as I recall there were additional reds by the bottle and sparkling wines on other pages.

Skål 🍷🍾

Viking Sky - Ancient Adriatic Treasures – September 2022

IMG_20220830_184701.jpg

IMG_20220830_184719.jpg

• Thanks 2

I did the same thing of taking a snapshot on my phone so I didn't have to wait for the wine list in restaurants.  I have been on 4 Viking cruises - Midnight Sun, Around Cape Horn, Around Iceland Welcome Back and a TA Barcelona to San Juan - and the choice of wines by the glass are almost exactly the same - at least for the whites.  I am not positive about the reds as we drink whites more.  I see some the same.  The BIG difference is a glass now costs $8.00 (not $6.00) and bottle is $30.00 (not $25.00).

So did Viking raise the cost of drinks but not the SSP?  The SSP is included as a perk on our next cruise so I don't know if that went up also.

Edited by TayanaLorna
Change
  • Like 1

Thank you for this post!  When we travel next month on our December cruise, I will make certain to take pictures of the wine list.  From my own memories from all the previous cruises we've had, and we do enjoy our wine, I seem to remember that there were some changes in pricing and in wines served.  This is likely due to the various contracts Viking maintains or changes with various distributors, as well as regions that the cruise travels.

I can verify that the SSP has remained the same though - as we just got it to use up some SBC's that expire upon boarding.  $19.99/day per person (actually since you have to purchase for a stateroom it really is $39.98/day for the stateroom).

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

I can verify that the SSP has remained the same though - as we just got it to use up some SBC's that expire upon boarding.  $19.99/day per person (actually since you have to purchase for a stateroom it really is $39.98/day for the stateroom).

There may have been a slight increase in price. Our current booking allows us to purchase the SSP at 19.85 per day per person

16 hours ago, photopro2 said:

While on our last cruise I took a quick snap of the wine list on my phone so that I could browse it at leisure back in the cabin.

There have been a number of questions on the board about available wines and my first thought was to post these images to one of those threads. It then occurred to me that it might be useful to have a single thread showing a selection of wine lists, from various Viking ships and cruises, that people can be referred to. This could be expanded and kept up-to-date over time.

If you already have any photos of wine lists you could post them straight away or you might be able to collect images on future trips to post later, as I will try to remember to do.

I think it would be helpful to include the name of the ship, itinerary and date as in my example below.

Note: Unfortunately I did not photograph the whole wine list, as I recall there were additional reds by the bottle and sparkling wines on other pages.

Skål 🍷🍾

Viking Sky - Ancient Adriatic Treasures – September 2022

IMG_20220830_184701.jpg

IMG_20220830_184719.jpg

Thanks, a fine idea.  Will try to do this on next voyage.  I also like Tayanalorna's idea of snapping photos for fast reference.

One of the wine stewards on a recent Viking cruise last year told us about the app "Vivino".   You can use the app to "scan" the bottle and it brings all the into into the app, including pricing, ratings, etc. and you can save and make notes on it.  That was really helpful!

https://www.vivino.com/app

"Vivino automatically tracks and organizes the wines you scan and rate, creating a fun chart to showcase your wine experiences."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought I remembered to take pictures of the Wine List when we were on the Orion Panama Canal cruise last April.  I found them and put them into a pdf file.  This will give folks another wine list to look at (understanding that wines and prices change).

2022 Apr Viking Orion Wine List 8 pages.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are Regent gold cruisers who are considering our first Viking cruise.  No. wine lists will not be a determining factor; but we are curious.  If something as basic as Chateau St. Michelle, which would be a below average wine on Regent, is an extra cost wine, what IS included?

Viking looks fine to us in paper, but we haven't tried it yet.  For the two people who say they'll stick to Regent (despite the outrageously high cost), why wouldn't you try Viking again? 

20 minutes ago, Joanandjoe said:

If something as basic as Chateau St. Michelle, which would be a below average wine on Regent, is an extra cost wine, what IS included?

I’m no wine connoisseur, nor a SS package afficianado, but I don’t know what you’re referring to when you say Chateau St. Michelle is an “extra cost wine.” Perhaps you mean that if not included as a wine of the day at lunch or dinner, that you’d have to pay a la carte for a glass, you are correct. No telling what wines will be included at any given meal. If you purchase the Silver Spirits package, you can order anything off the wine list by the glass with no extra charge—or a cocktail—but bottles are 15% off. Champagne is not discounted as I understand it.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 12:19 AM, Joanandjoe said:

We are Regent gold cruisers who are considering our first Viking cruise.  No. wine lists will not be a determining factor; but we are curious.  If something as basic as Chateau St. Michelle, which would be a below average wine on Regent, is an extra cost wine, what IS included?

Viking looks fine to us in paper, but we haven't tried it yet.  For the two people who say they'll stick to Regent (despite the outrageously high cost), why wouldn't you try Viking again? 

Wine is subjective, my favourites at the moment are £11 and £35 a bottle at the local Majestic. Some may think the £11 one beneath them, others the £35 stupidly expensive. That's fine, they can drink something else. 

When on holiday I'm happy with 'quite nice' at a sensible price, KBs dad has 86 single malts, and is equally happy with a 'quite nice' whisky at a sensible price.

The SSP is simply a method of prepaying or for some saving money on your bar bill. Those who only want a glass or two can buy by the glass. 

We're in the 'book with Viking because of what they don't have' sector. We watched a series of programmes about a Regent ship, Viking seems far more classy with nicer cabins and includes less that you would be paying for but not want. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Thanks. If I understand correctly the wines on the list are included in the Silver Spirits Package but will otherwise cost what is listed. Are the wines that are "included" with lunch and dinner not listed anywhere? Are there additional wines available above and beyond the SSP?

1 hour ago, KBs mum said:

SSP is up to 17US a glass, anything g above that is charged - a % ( not sure of % amount) 

The wines included for all with meals are whatever the house wine is, choice of red or white

Sooooo what's included is one red, one white and one beer choice?

11 hours ago, KBs mum said:

SSP is up to 17US a glass, anything g above that is charged - a % ( not sure of % amount) 

The wines included for all with meals are whatever the house wine is, choice of red or white

From what I recall if you want something that is above the limit you pay the full price.

18 hours ago, MELSMOM47 said:

Sooooo what's included is one red, one white and one beer choice?

There is one house white, one house red and also a sparkling house wine available when the restaurants are serving lunch and dinner, as well as the beers Clay mentioned. Refills are unlimited and staff will happily pour you a top up before you leave the restaurant in the evening that you can carry with you to the theatre or wherever.

Once you've taken a seat in a restaurant, the wait staff will generally come and offer you wine but you can also ask at the Aquavit and Pool bars and they will serve you the house alcoholic beverages as well as sodas etc. without charge during the mealtime hours.

It seems to be a little known fact that sparkling house wine is available as part of the included package but it has become our regular sail-away drink. The Red and White house wine varietals change quite often but the sparkling wine is normally Viking's own brand, a German wine, which is also used to welcome people on board, and at receptions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, photopro2 said:

There is one house white, one house red and also a sparkling house wine available when the restaurants are serving lunch and dinner, as well as the beers Clay mentioned. Refills are unlimited and staff will happily pour you a top up before you leave the restaurant in the evening that you can carry with you to the theatre or wherever.

Once you've taken a seat in a restaurant, the wait staff will generally come and offer you wine but you can also ask at the Aquavit and Pool bars and they will serve you the house alcoholic beverages as well as sodas etc. without charge during the mealtime hours.

It seems to be a little known fact that sparkling house wine is available as part of the included package but it has become our regular sail-away drink. The Red and White house wine varietals change quite often but the sparkling wine is normally Viking's own brand, a German wine, which is also used to welcome people on board, and at receptions.

Is it a reisling champagne?