Can I book a room for two without the second person's name

MudderBear

2 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

Thinking about suprising the grown kids with a trip to Alaska in 2024.  One child is still single (still dating) so I won't know the name to put in the reservation (when the 2024 Ressies open).  Can I do that with an "unknown" for now?  Thanks.

Pretty sure you need one named person who you know is going to book the cabin. Second person can be added later. I have done that. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

Thinking about suprising the grown kids with a trip to Alaska in 2024.  One child is still single (still dating) so I won't know the name to put in the reservation (when the 2024 Ressies open).  Can I do that with an "unknown" for now?  Thanks.

You can book one person in a cabin as a solo, but you will have to pay 2 cruise fares for the solo supplement.  You will only be charged one set of port taxes and fees.  It's easy enough to add a second passenger later at which time you will be charged a second set of port taxes ad fees.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MudderBear said:

Keep in mind that there is occupancy capacity for the life boats in your cabin section, so even though you have an extra bed, if they've reached capacity, you won't be able to add the other person so don't wait too long to decide.

• Like 1

You can. My brother-in-law did this. He knew he wanted to cruise but he didn’t know if his wife or son was going to come. They booked the room with his name as the lead guest and they just put ZZZZZ (last name) down as the second guest. Once his wife figured out her work schedule he just had to call back and add the second guest name.

• Like 1

I am assuming that you will be booking the room two,  your son/daughter, and the person they might be sailing with. 

Yes, you can book the cabin, of course.   The second name is not confirmed with any further information needed until closer to sailing.

As mentioned, you might want to go ahead and book the room for two, so that you have another person accounted for. 

Cancellation, if a person is not coming, is no problem until final payment date.

Also, if you are wanting to book several rooms close together, make sure that these get marked

NO UPGRADE.  And keep checking.   As there have been some who have had Princess move their room.