Puzzled by the Regatta Perth to Sydney Jan11th 2025?

cw2go

I am researching an Aussie adventure and am drawn to an Oceana Cruise sailing out of Perth to Sydney for Jan 2025 ~

The sailing is almost sold out but the following 2 sailings have plenty of availability? Is there any explanation for why this would be? Anyone know of any large group sailings? Is this an itinerary that is commonly booked quickly? 

Thank You, 

Patty 

44 minutes ago, cw2go said:

I am researching an Aussie adventure and am drawn to an Oceana Cruise sailing out of Perth to Sydney for Jan 2025 ~

The sailing is almost sold out but the following 2 sailings have plenty of availability? Is there any explanation for why this would be? Anyone know of any large group sailings? Is this an itinerary that is commonly booked quickly? 

Thank You, 

Patty 

2025 is a long way ahead.  ? school holidays

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

2025 is a long way ahead.  ? school holidays

This is exactly why I am questioning booking? 2025 is so far off to be booked solid already. Makes me wonder if there is a large group.  I called Oceana and they really  had no info other than its almost Sold Completly out. 

59 minutes ago, cw2go said:

This is exactly why I am questioning booking? 2025 is so far off to be booked solid already. Makes me wonder if there is a large group.  I called Oceana and they really  had no info other than its almost Sold Completly out. 

One of life's mysteries, if Oceana has no information.

Looking at the previous cruises, Fremantle to Sydney appears to be a segment of a much longer cruise originating in Sydney. 

So, there would be the passengers doing the whole trip, and a smaller number of spaces created by those disembarking in Fremantle. 

Subsequent cruises are all in the neighbourhood.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Isn’t it part of the australia circumnavigation?  They only do it once a year and it’s super popular.  

This is what I was thinking but the sailing north and sound are limited and the whole loop has a ton of availability? I assume they are holing off bookings to the 1/2 routes, if that makes sense? 

Just seems odd to have limited rooms this far in advance. 

Patty

• Like 1

I think that cruises out of Fremantle sell out quickly as they are few and far between.  Unlike our lucky cousins in the eastern states who get many options to cruise from home ports.   This may be the reason.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 9:34 AM, cw2go said:

This is what I was thinking but the sailing north and sound are limited and the whole loop has a ton of availability? I assume they are holing off bookings to the 1/2 routes, if that makes sense? 

Just seems odd to have limited rooms this far in advance. 

Patty

Yes, that does make sense. For everyone doing the south half, they will be happy to match it with someone doing it with the north half - but would prefer to sell the whole lap.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, arxcards said:

Yes, that does make sense. For everyone doing the south half, they will be happy to match it with someone doing it with the north half - but would prefer to sell the whole lap.

Thanks! Seems insane this far out but I chose to book a guaranteed room for the lower half. (Had to go with a C1 Window / Balcony wasn't an option) We are coming from The States and are still working so time off is at 3 weeks maximum. Excited for the lower loop, really wanted a sailing that was Australia focused. We plan to visit NZ separately. New to Oceania so I'll be plugging along learning the ropes in the next 2 years. I'm a Celebrity Cruiser but we've chosen to go small and make our Aussi adventure all about The Land Down Under 🐨

• Like 1