Ship change advisory – Carnival Magic to Carnival Venezia

Old Fart Cruisers

On 11/24/2022 at 10:58 AM, Jamman54 said:

So, our PVP called us this morning, as I had left him a message last evening. He still can't access our B2B bookings, but no matter as we have decided to dump those bookings. We are now booked on the 15 day Journeys cruise leaving on 9/29. Better islands, and $1300 less than the 15 day B2B that we originally booked. We will cancel our B2B bookings after we finally get our reassigned cabins. There is no way that they will be giving us the bowling alley balconies that we originally booked. Once I know I will list my gripes and give them to my PVP who will go to bat for me and try to get my nonrefundable deposits applied to my new booking. Even if I wind up losing my deposits I feel we came out ahead. We now have a better 15 day cruise for a much better price. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting for your new cabin assignments. 😎

I was able to do this today for a client in a pretty similar situation -- not so much a particular room for a B2B like y'all have, but multiple ADA rooms in specific situations that won't be able to be met. 

Ultimately, they were able to get a lift-and-shift of those NRDs toward their new booking, though one room opted to take it in OBC instead of applied payment. So just FYI that that is an option as well.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

This waiting game Blows

Yes it does. This irritates me so much. I have no confidence that we will get room assignments tomorrow or Tuesday either. They did this recently and literally had people waiting for months.

And there are some categories that weren't close to being sold out on the Magic now not showing up at all. Mine included. What's up with that?!

On 11/24/2022 at 11:58 AM, Jamman54 said:

So, our PVP called us this morning, as I had left him a message last evening. He still can't access our B2B bookings, but no matter as we have decided to dump those bookings. We are now booked on the 15 day Journeys cruise leaving on 9/29. Better islands, and $1300 less than the 15 day B2B that we originally booked. We will cancel our B2B bookings after we finally get our reassigned cabins. There is no way that they will be giving us the bowling alley balconies that we originally booked. Once I know I will list my gripes and give them to my PVP who will go to bat for me and try to get my nonrefundable deposits applied to my new booking. Even if I wind up losing my deposits I feel we came out ahead. We now have a better 15 day cruise for a much better price. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting for your new cabin assignments. 😎

I am on that journey cruise as well. I originally was on a 14 day on the Legend, I switched it to this one. It was cheaper, I got additional OBC and I dont have to drive from NYC to Balt. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yankeegirl49 said:

I am on that journey cruise as well. I originally was on a 14 day on the Legend, I switched it to this one. It was cheaper, I got additional OBC and I dont have to drive from NYC to Balt. 

Good deal. See you on board! :classic_cool:

• Like 1

Was booked for 9/16. Spa inside.  It was about 300.00 additional over a standard inside.  Worth it to me on a Canada route. 

The offer as spa insides don't exist,  was 100 pp spa credit that can only he used for treatments. And a standard inside. 

So 1 massage in essence and a standard inside. 

I calmy called and canceled. They waived the 250.00 fee as I explained I understand the need to make a business decision but I shouldn't  be forced to take less than after the fact. The rep agreed with me.  At least make me whole. 

Carnival,  I tried, really I did.  

Trying  MSC  next.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The Yacht Club has inside cabins and includes spa access as often as you'd like.

Funny you mentioned MSC Yacht Club.  That's exactly what I hooked! Interior with tons of perks including drinks. A small amount more expensive but worth it as its ultimately cheaper factoring adding in cheers.  

Carnival, If you read these boards,  a poor business decision led you to lose any future business from this single  cruiser who sails 4 times a year.  I'll be actively sailing your competitors.   

Phil 

Happy cyber monday

i noticed there is a cyber monday sale on the website and one of my cruises went down in price. unfortunately my cabin for that cruise is still TBA and i dont know my cabin category yet. for those who had a TBA cabin and called carnival. do they assign you a cabin on the spot?

58 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Happy cyber monday

i noticed there is a cyber monday sale on the website and one of my cruises went down in price. unfortunately my cabin for that cruise is still TBA and i dont know my cabin category yet. for those who had a TBA cabin and called carnival. do they assign you a cabin on the spot?

Carnival sure has themselves in a spot. The cabin I booked way last year is now more expensive than a cove balcony. No clue what they are going to do but I just sent an email to my TA to see if they will just let him upgrade the TBA interior to a cove. Jamman54 did the right thing cancelling and rebooking. This is nonsense.

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

Happy cyber monday

They say they can't do anything until we are assigned.

7 minutes ago, Jamericannn said:

They say they can't do anything until we are assigned.

i got a feeling that will wait after the holidays to assign the rooms so that we can not take advantage to any cyber monday or whatever the promo is called to get reduced pricing. not fun

13 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i got a feeling that will wait after the holidays to assign the rooms so that we can not take advantage to any cyber monday or whatever the promo is called to get reduced pricing. not fun

I got my rooms booked a while ago at 40% off. I just checked the prices and it was cheaper than the cyber deal

Last Monday I got an email  from my VIFP account to book the Venezia.  The price was great so I booked the Journey Feb. 11, 2024 on line.  Today (cyber Mon.) this cruise was $150pp more than last week for same cabin.  My problem now is that my TA won't take any cruises I book myself at a discount because she says there is no profit for her.

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

My problem now is that my TA won't take any cruises I book myself at a discount because she says there is no profit for her.

How is that any kind  of problem?  You can quickly book it yourself online without a TA, make payments yourself online without a TA, if you have to make any changes you can call Carnival yourself, without having to deal with a. TA.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Last Monday I got an email  from my VIFP account to book the Venezia.  The price was great so I booked the Journey Feb. 11, 2024 on line.  Today (cyber Mon.) this cruise was $150pp more than last week for same cabin.  My problem now is that my TA won't take any cruises I book myself at a discount because she says there is no profit for her.

Well, yeah, (AFAIK) TAs only get commission if they make the original booking.  So why should they manage something they get no reward for?

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
added AFAIK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

How is that any kind  of problem?  You can quickly book it yourself online without a TA, make payments yourself online without a TA, if you have to make any changes you can call Carnival yourself, without having to deal with a. TA.  

With other cruise lines she can match the price and give me Some generous OBC.  But with Carnival when I get these really reduced prices she can't match it.  In the past she did and gave me a small OBC but not anymore.

3 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, yeah, (AFAIK) TAs only get commission if they make the original booking.  So why should they manage something they get no reward for?

No, have booked cruises directly in the past with Princess, Celebrity, Royal and MSC and then transferred them to an agent and received either a small discount or OBC.  You lose control but you get a better price or OBC.

• Like 1