The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday November 14th, 2022

richwmn

Today is International Girls Day, Children's Day, and National Pickle Day

First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. And then they attack you and want to burn you. And then they build monuments to you.--Nicholas Klein

Meal Suggestion for today - Shortcut Mac 'n' Cheese with Crispy Bacon and Sweet Potatoes
Drink of the Day - Watermelon Martini
Wine of the Day - Belle Glos 2019 Las Alturas Pinot Noir (Santa Lucia Highlands)
Destination of the Day - Cobh, Cork, Ireland

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Cartagena, Colombia eta 11/15

Koningsdam

Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico 11:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caic eta 11/15

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles eta 11/15

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Miami, Florida eta 11/19

Rotterdam

Bridgetown, Barbados 08:00 - 17:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11/19

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Mamoudzou, Grande-Terre Island, Mayotte eta 11/15

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 11/17

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Alotau, Papua New Guinea eta 11/17

Westerdam

Wellington, New Zealand 08:00 - 16:00

1730790101_1014World.thumb.png.bf1a266af366aeab774f01fc73d5faef.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 13

Thanks for the Daily Report and I hope everyone has a great day! 

We are back from our NA cruise. Very relaxing and mostly good weather. 

We encountered many more cutbacks since our last cruise. 

Embarkation was the worst ever! I cannot imagine how HAL can mess this up so badly. 😞    

IMG_1449.JPG

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Good selection of days.

Interesting quote, probably more true than not.

Mac and cheese with bacon works for me but what's with adding sweet potatoes.

Watermelon Martini sounds good.

Been to Ireland but not Cork.

Some exciting NFL and NHL games yesterday along with super nice guy Tony Finau winning the Houston Open Golf Tournament, I guess you guys know what I was doing yesterday, the remote was getting a workout.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day. 

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 26

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Another cold morning here, snow squalls in the forecast.  I guess I have to wear boots walking Bertie this morning.🙁

An interesting collection of days.  Cheers for girls and children.  I like pickles.

A thought provoking quote.

I'll pass on the meal but I think I'll like the drink and wine.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone. 

Have a wonderful Monday.

Stay safe.

• Like 25

Good morning everyone.  It’s getting colder here, 36F now.  Hats off to girls, children and  pickles!  Interesting quote.  Not sure about the meal suggestion and drink.  It sounds too sweet for me but I’ll wait for the recipe.  I haven’t been to today’s port yet, I’ll bet that there are some nice photos of it.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

• Like 22

Good afternoon.

Thank you for the daily reports.

Interesting days and food.

I don't like the quote.

We visited Cobh on Independence of the seas.

Wishing everyone a lovely day and good health.

Graham.

IMG_20180531_114146.jpg

IMG_20180531_094853.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from the Nieuw Amsterdam. Thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today's meal suggestion sounds interesting but like @MISTER 67 I'm wondering about adding sweet potatoes. 

An example of same cruise different experiences @seagarsmoker I thought embarkation day was easy.  Yesterday's turnaround was a cluster and was the worst ever i experienced.  I hope everyone has a good day today. 20221114_063446.thumb.jpg.72d9a5a277e145937a002f022780e0b6.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good  morning. It was a chilly start to the day here and I will need a warmer jacket soon.I salute the children and girls but never cared for pickles.I would love to go to the port as my grandmother was from Cork. I often think if her traveling across the ocean at age 18.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I was sorry to hear about Steve's  sudden increase in pain and hope things are better today.It certainly has been a long road for both of you.

@MISTER 67, a similar day was spent here with what looked like exciting games to watch.

I am waiting for a new aide to arrive and hope things go well. It has been difficult  to manage the physical side of Tana's care as I am not in the best of shape at present.

Have a great day everyone. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

Thank you for the Daily Fleet Report.  I've never been to today's port. I'll pass on the wine, but the drink sounds interesting.  Mac and cheese with bacon sounds good, just  leave out the sweet potatoes.  

Lots of football on the tv here yesterday with a CFL game added to the NFL ones.  My husband likes the Bills, so he watched that one.

Edited by 4966and556
adding info.
  • Like 23

Good morning friends!  Brr!  33F this morning but sunny and a high of 55F expected.  Before we leave this week DH has to sign up with our new insurance company.  He would have done it last week but due to Nicole passing by the insurance companies stop issuing new policies until the storm is over with.  Then we have to sign up for a new Medicare Supplement plan and I'm glad to be DONE with this year's plan.  We only changed because our hospital wasn't playing nicely with our previous company and they had an impasse.  Hopefully 2023 will be a good year and we won't need a hospital anyway.  Still waiting and praying our absentee ballots arrive in the mail before Thursday so we can vote in the Dec. 6 runoff.  I have a feeling it's not gonna happen!

Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor the Daily.  Love the girls and children days and they really do go together.  I like pickles.  I have to agree with @MISTER 67 , why sweet potato in our mac & cheese with bacon?  The quote is a bit uncomfortable.  After they build the monuments then years down the line some group demands they be torn down!  😕

Prayers for our Care list today and cheers for the celebration list.  I was outside yesterday chatting with next door neighbor Brenda (socially distanced because of my test this Wednesday) when our neighbor up the street drove by and stopped, rolled down the window and said hello.  She is the wife of the gentleman who died last Sunday at home from multiple myeloma.  We offered her our deepest sympathy and agreed he wouldn't have wanted to linger with his severe pain.  It was nice to see her and we of course advised she take care of herself during this time of grief.  She promised she would.

Jake @Crazy For CatsI love the photo!  Thanks for showing us.  Sorry yesterday was such a mess at turnaround.  Hope everyone gets their act together this coming Saturday!  Terry @smitty34877I'm sorry to hear you are not at your best right now.  And I know that affects the household and your care of Tana.  Hope the aide is a good one.  Hugs to you!  And Lenda @Quartzsite CruiserI'm sorry I haven't read yesterday's end of day Daily so I hadn't heard of the pain problem for Steve.  I hope things will work out better today for you both!  Hugs to you too!

Our destination today is Cobh (Cork), Ireland and we last saw it on Oct. 17, 2021.  The link to that date will be posted below.

We visited Cobh in 2015 on Royal Princess.  Not only did we enjoy seeing Cobh, which is a lovely town, we also went to Blarney Castle and had a great time there as well.  My best remembrance of Cobh is a purchase I made there.  A sterling silver Celtic knot pendant and neck chain.  The finish on the pendant was so smooth and well done.  I love wearing it.  

My photos of our visits to Cobh and Blarney Castle.

A view of the Lusitania memorial only with wreaths laid.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIu-883K1Gvk062Y3n2spWm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435189596

Cobh is a hilly place and I liked this view of the houses side by side down the hillside.  Many different colors (to help you find your own home after a trip to the pub?).00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLqVuzpCM7nMqdaEhAlezQZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435189603

While walking past those homes we saw this little dog watching us from "their" window.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIRgQUU9Ji8wVFqCFOVLTlg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194539

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLOz76XV2-7nXgDMuz1Hbmh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435189588

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ6d5XSPdTFL7_8MHjg526K?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435189600

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHrG2BAYU60V60PpUqQNhx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435189584

Annie Moore statue00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIj5VDQyJeZgICS6iZPzriY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435189572

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIqvXvCfQFQcYu-NNtf9yWp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435189573

In viewing our pictures I see we were in Cobh twice on back to back cruises on Royal Princess.  The first cruise was a spring 2015 transatlantic cruise and on that one we spent our stop that day visiting Blarney Castle.  The second cruise was a British Isles cruise and that is the day we spent in town exploring.  I knew I'd been to Blarney Castle.  We enjoyed these two cruises with our friends from Myrtle Beach whom we met in 2008 getting on our first transatlantic.  Great couple!

A nice view of Blarney castle and someone who decided to kiss the Blarney stone.  Not an easy task!  Our group passed on it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKGhEv0ZVmG6ICqid-eKqaw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187373

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSZDKGF2fnTUDwzMZEsm-q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187429

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKxe1AaHHnmow5mJLJg18rI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187445

The spot you kiss as seen from below.  Very top center.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ6LLWs2r0FBQIgnq5YQ3_Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187389

• Like 26
  • Thanks 8

39 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning from the Nieuw Amsterdam. Thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today's meal suggestion sounds interesting but like @MISTER 67 I'm wondering about adding sweet potatoes. 

An example of same cruise different experiences @seagarsmoker I thought embarkation day was easy.  Yesterday's turnaround was a cluster and was the worst ever i experienced.  I hope everyone has a good day today. 20221114_063446.thumb.jpg.72d9a5a277e145937a002f022780e0b6.jpg

Please give us some thoughts on your cruise during the week, will be interested as we sail on the NA on Dec. 4th.

• Like 14

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich!  A lovely morning here. Hope it stays like this. Yesterday’s lovely morning turned into a blustery, grey day that was downright chilly on the Coast. Still amazing to watch the waves. And there were even wind surfers out, in spite of the County warning about debris in the water. 

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists. Enjoying your blog. Today is just the gym, chores and Bindi walks for me. 

2CEEF40E-D049-4570-B9E7-EB628629A43A.jpeg.79185ae19218f5f08fa373144f5723a2.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Belle Glos 2019 Las Alturas Pinot Noir (Santa Lucia Highlands)

I would love to try this Pinot Noir. Though it would have to compete with my two current favorites that are significantly cheaper. It is available from several online distributors and one is currently offering it on sale for $32.99. Most others have it priced in the mid $40s or low $50s.

Winemaker Notes

Deep garnet in color with an aromatic medley of black cherry, marionberry, ripe plum and a hint of anise. Dark fruit on the palate with flavors of wild berries, caramelized oak and cacao nibs complemented by subtle notes of vanilla, cedar and a hint of lavender and forest floor. Rich and unrestrained, this wine’s abundant fruit is beautifully balanced by firm acidity and layers of red and black fruit.
WE96 Wine Enthusiast
Firm lines of graphite and loamy earth streak through the opulent aromas of black plum and dried violet on the nose of this brooding Pinot Noir. The palate is a whirlwind of exuberance, as leathery tannins wrap around more graphite minerality, dried violet and lavender, stewed plum and a touch of bittersweet cocoa on the finish.
V93 Vinous

The 2019 Pinot Noir Las Alturas captures all the signatures of the Belle Glos style and yet has quite a bit of freshness too. That makes for a compelling Pinot for readers who enjoy big, large-scaled wines. Sweet spice, rose petal, lavender and spice are nicely kicked up here. Best after 2023

WW91 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
 The 2019 Belle Glos Las Alturas Pinot Noir offers a full-flavored experience on the palate. This wine exhibits attractive and substantive aromas and flavors of ripe fruit and oak. Serve it with a juicy, well-marbled, grilled ribeye. 
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 7

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Brr!  33F this morning but sunny and a high of 55F expected.  Before we leave this week DH has to sign up with our new insurance company.  He would have done it last week but due to Nicole passing by the insurance companies stop issuing new policies until the storm is over with.  Then we have to sign up for a new Medicare Supplement plan and I'm glad to be DONE with this year's plan.  We only changed because our hospital wasn't playing nicely with our previous company and they had an impasse.  Hopefully 2023 will be a good year and we won't need a hospital anyway.  Still waiting and praying our absentee ballots arrive in the mail before Thursday so we can vote in the Dec. 6 runoff.  I have a feeling it's not gonna happen!

Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor the Daily.  Love the girls and children days and they really do go together.  I like pickles.  I have to agree with @MISTER 67 , why sweet potato in our mac & cheese with bacon?  The quote is a bit uncomfortable.  After they build the monuments then years down the line some group demands they be torn down!  😕

Prayers for our Care list today and cheers for the celebration list.  I was outside yesterday chatting with next door neighbor Brenda (socially distanced because of my test this Wednesday) when our neighbor up the street drove by and stopped, rolled down the window and said hello.  She is the wife of the gentleman who died last Sunday at home from multiple myeloma.  We offered her our deepest sympathy and agreed he wouldn't have wanted to linger with his severe pain.  It was nice to see her and we of course advised she take care of herself during this time of grief.  She promised she would.

Jake @Crazy For CatsI love the photo!  Thanks for showing us.  Sorry yesterday was such a mess at turnaround.  Hope everyone gets their act together this coming Saturday!  Terry @smitty34877I'm sorry to hear you are not at your best right now.  And I know that affects the household and your care of Tana.  Hope the aide is a good one.  Hugs to you!  And Lenda @Quartzsite CruiserI'm sorry I haven't read yesterday's end of day Daily so I hadn't heard of the pain problem for Steve.  I hope things will work out better today for you both!  Hugs to you too!

Our destination today is Cobh (Cork), Ireland and we last saw it on Oct. 17, 2021.  The link to that date will be posted below.

We visited Cobh in 2015 on Royal Princess.  Not only did we enjoy seeing Cobh, which is a lovely town, we also went to Blarney Castle and had a great time there as well.  My best remembrance of Cobh is a purchase I made there.  A sterling silver Celtic knot pendant and neck chain.  The finish on the pendant was so smooth and well done.  I love wearing it.  

My photos of our visits to Cobh and Blarney Castle.

A view of the Lusitania memorial only with wreaths laid.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIu-883K1Gvk062Y3n2spWm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435189596

Cobh is a hilly place and I liked this view of the houses side by side down the hillside.  Many different colors (to help you find your own home after a trip to the pub?).00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLqVuzpCM7nMqdaEhAlezQZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435189603

While walking past those homes we saw this little dog watching us from "their" window.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIRgQUU9Ji8wVFqCFOVLTlg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194539

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLOz76XV2-7nXgDMuz1Hbmh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435189588

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ6d5XSPdTFL7_8MHjg526K?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435189600

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHrG2BAYU60V60PpUqQNhx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435189584

Annie Moore statue00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIj5VDQyJeZgICS6iZPzriY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435189572

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIqvXvCfQFQcYu-NNtf9yWp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435189573

In viewing our pictures I see we were in Cobh twice on back to back cruises on Royal Princess.  The first cruise was a spring 2015 transatlantic cruise and on that one we spent our stop that day visiting Blarney Castle.  The second cruise was a British Isles cruise and that is the day we spent in town exploring.  I knew I'd been to Blarney Castle.  We enjoyed these two cruises with our friends from Myrtle Beach whom we met in 2008 getting on our first transatlantic.  Great couple!

A nice view of Blarney castle and someone who decided to kiss the Blarney stone.  Not an easy task!  Our group passed on it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKGhEv0ZVmG6ICqid-eKqaw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187373

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSZDKGF2fnTUDwzMZEsm-q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187429

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKxe1AaHHnmow5mJLJg18rI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187445

The spot you kiss as seen from below.  Very top center.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ6LLWs2r0FBQIgnq5YQ3_Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187389

Amen on your thoughts on the statues.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seagarsmoker said:

Thanks for the Daily Report and I hope everyone has a great day! 

We are back from our NA cruise. Very relaxing and mostly good weather. 

We encountered many more cutbacks since our last cruise. 

Embarkation was the worst ever! I cannot imagine how HAL can mess this up so badly. 😞    

IMG_1449.JPG

A shame that HAL keeps cutting back on things, we sail on Dec 4th. on the NA and it just might be our last with HAL.

• Like 10

Good morning, all. I used Saturday and Sunday to settle in to SW FL. While doing so, I discovered that our change of location has my DH very confused. It's a sign that our already very limited travels likely need to be more limited. 

I found myself deeply saddened by that realization and trying to think how to best serve his needs while not ignoring my desire for what used to be our joint love of travel. I don't often read the horoscope, but I found myself drawn to yesterday's. Its words offered encouragement to me and, perhaps, to other Daily-ites. It said:

You will hear marvels of distant lands. Someday you will know such places and have your own tales to tell. For now, take in the ideas and let them fuel your imagination.

So, Daily-ites, thank you for sharing your travels – past and current. I will heed those words and let my Bucket List grow as you fuel my imagination.

-Melisa

• Like 34
  • Thanks 5

25 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Please give us some thoughts on your cruise during the week, will be interested as we sail on the NA on Dec. 4th.

I think a lot of onboard experiences depends on one's attitude.   The staff are great and doing their best to keep everyone happy.   The internet is poor, we have a repeater in our cabin and it's still a challenge.   The food is good but the selection is mostly the same from day to day, even the distant lands section.  Tamarind is, as usual,  the best spot for dinner.  All the main stage shows are reruns.  If you sailed since the restart you probably saw them.

Halfway through and we are having a relaxing cruise.  We are most thrilled to be going to San Juan again, our favorite port.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

@MISTER 67 Then it's a good thing your injured digit is a forefinger and not your remote control thumb! BTW, how is your finger?

-M.

Better day by day as I have very little throbbing, will know more tomorrow when the dressing is removed by the hand surgeon, just hoping that the infection has gone away for good.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, everyone!

We are supposed to see some sun today, but temps will remain frigid.  I found my hat and gloves that I bought in Iceland and they helped keep me toasty warm yesterday when I was doing my walk.  I don't mind cold weather as long as I am dressed properly.  

Today I am taking a load of used moving boxes out to the recycle center.  They were taking over the house and garage.  Then there is all that paper that items were wrapped in.  So far there have only been two casualties to the move - a glass salad bowl and a Belleek tea cup.  

When I was preparing the posting of the Meal of the Day last night I was going by my list that said Sweet Pea instead of Sweet Potato.  I was having a devil of a time finding recipes for that.  Like I think I found one.  So, I concentrated on the Short Cut part of the meal name.  And, I found this: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Kraft-Macaroni-and-Cheese

1841221165_macandcheese1.jpg.79af591d94d395dbefcdc657cd4b2fa0.jpg

You could just crumble bacon on top and throw in a can of peas.  

The first recipe that had every item was from Good Housekeeping, but they wanted $20 to be able to see more than part of a picture, so I said no thanks.  Then I found this one from Tyler Florence on The Food Network that came pretty close.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/mac-n-cheese-with-bacon-and-cheese-recipe-1917317

965529292_macandcheese2.thumb.jpeg.e77c72b724de6e4dc5fcf5b5d3a86a3c.jpeg

At least it had the bacon in it.  Bacon helps everything.  

This next one had it all - macaroni, bacon, sweet potato, and cheese.   I agree with some others that I'm not sure about the potato addition.  Mac and Cheese has enough starch as it is.  I tend to not eat it as it brings back memories of penny pinching meals in college.  It was great back then because I could get 4 boxes of the stuff for $5.  Of course, I made it with water as I didn't want to spring for the butter and milk.  I swore when I was making enough money to be able to afford better that I would never eat mac and cheese again.   But, here is a recipe that fits the description:  https://www.bhg.com/recipe/roasted-sweet-potato-bacon-mac-and-cheese/

1009561362_macandcheese3.thumb.jpg.aa1f8030871a6bc88a1b709f8256394d.jpg

Here is the Good Housekeeping recipe that they wanted $20 for.  To me it doesn't even look that good.   https://www.pinterest.com/pin/247698048242960095/

2094248134_macandcheese4.jpg.cad9aed111c490584e11853a2c9dd21e.jpg

And here is one with the peas that my list called for.  Kind of a mix between mac and cheese and tuna noodle casserole.   https://damndelicious.net/2014/07/21/bacon-pea-macaroni-cheese/

1039693276_macandcheese5.thumb.jpg.76f910dae4d9640a0ca0b9253dc09e8f.jpg

That's it for today.  Back to my boxes!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 11

Good morning, everyone!

We are supposed to see some sun today, but temps will remain frigid.  I found my hat and gloves that I bought in Iceland and they helped keep me toasty warm yesterday when I was doing my walk.  I don't mind cold weather as long as I am dressed properly.  

Today I am taking a load of used moving boxes out to the recycle center.  They were taking over the house and garage.  Then there is all that paper that items were wrapped in.  So far there have only been two casualties to the move - a glass salad bowl and a Belleek tea cup.  

When I was preparing the posting of the Meal of the Day last night I was going by my list that said Sweet Pea instead of Sweet Potato.  I was having a devil of a time finding recipes for that.  Like I think I found one.  So, I concentrated on the Short Cut part of the meal name.  And, I found this: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Kraft-Macaroni-and-Cheese

1841221165_macandcheese1.jpg.79af591d94d395dbefcdc657cd4b2fa0.jpg

You could just crumble bacon on top and throw in a can of peas.  

The first recipe that had every item was from Good Housekeeping, but they wanted $20 to be able to see more than part of a picture, so I said no thanks.  Then I found this one from Tyler Florence on The Food Network that came pretty close.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/mac-n-cheese-with-bacon-and-cheese-recipe-1917317

965529292_macandcheese2.thumb.jpeg.e77c72b724de6e4dc5fcf5b5d3a86a3c.jpeg

At least it had the bacon in it.  Bacon helps everything.  

This next one had it all - macaroni, bacon, sweet potato, and cheese.   I agree with some others that I'm not sure about the potato addition.  Mac and Cheese has enough starch as it is.  I tend to not eat it as it brings back memories of penny pinching meals in college.  It was great back then because I could get 4 boxes of the stuff for $5.  Of course, I made it with water as I didn't want to spring for the butter and milk.  I swore when I was making enough money to be able to afford better that I would never eat mac and cheese again.   But, here is a recipe that fits the description:  https://www.bhg.com/recipe/roasted-sweet-potato-bacon-mac-and-cheese/

1009561362_macandcheese3.thumb.jpg.aa1f8030871a6bc88a1b709f8256394d.jpg

Here is the Good Housekeeping recipe that they wanted $20 for.  To me it doesn't even look that good.   https://www.pinterest.com/pin/247698048242960095/

2094248134_macandcheese4.jpg.cad9aed111c490584e11853a2c9dd21e.jpg

And here is one with the peas that my list called for.  Kind of a mix between mac and cheese and tuna noodle casserole.   https://damndelicious.net/2014/07/21/bacon-pea-macaroni-cheese/

1039693276_macandcheese5.thumb.jpg.76f910dae4d9640a0ca0b9253dc09e8f.jpg

That's it for today.  Back to my boxes!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Good Monday Morning!  It is 33 in Stone Mountain, clear, and feral cat' Fawn's porch was nice and warm this morning.  However, she wanted breakfast so I let her out.  In her optional sleeping box, was her cat friend Bubbles.  Yes he did come back, recently he has been in our yard more than she has.

I am supposed to go over to Shari's this morning to help her sister pack up more of Shari's things.  Then get home, pack up Irving cat and get him to a vet appointment.  Poor cat is having all sorts of tummy problems, mostly he is eating everything and getting skinnier and skinnier.  And it hurts him to use the litter box,   DH finally agreed with me, it was time to take him in for a check up.

Then tonight I work.

Boss for job #2 sent me a contract (that was signed automatically) that states I must work 15 hours a week,  that I will get a base pay of X (too small to mention) that I will make commissions, but I must raise at least 35 dollars an hour, in order to get paid.....this contract looks an awful lot like the one I signed back in 2014.  Hmmmm.......  The reason I came back to work for this company was that they had increased my base pay, and commissions were a thing of the past, and now I'm back in past.

Time traveler.

eb045cfe0095e8422ada9cb7f8065afa.jpg

C5GrIV7WIAAFRYu.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2