New menus on Symphony reported

John&LaLa

DH loves Indian food,  not a fan.

Why would having more entrees take longer? It’s all prepared ahead anyway. The waiter still has to go to the kitchen to get everything.  It can’t take more than an extra couple of minutes to grab 6 different meals then 2 of the same. I can see it being more expensive due to waste.  

I’m not a foodie but I do want some choices.  I can always settle on salmon if nothing else.  The lobster I’m fine with and we rarely order 2 entrees except we like pasta sometimes as a side.  Symphony cruises please come back and let us know how it went.  

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

But they may charge her for a 2nd entree.😄

By the way, do you know how large is the upcharged whole lobster.

Maybe. The Pin might help😉

I had one complimentary once, it was spit in half, broiled, and claws picked out for me. Decent size

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Remember its a test menu.  It still remains to be seen if the classics are not available entirely or simply not listed on the menu.

Not 100% sure, but I really can't remember ordering anything from 'classic' menu. 

I didn't think I was old enough 🤣🤣

JK, I'm pretty old

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Not 100% sure, but I really can't remember ordering anything from 'classic' menu. 

I didn't think I was old enough 🤣🤣

JK, I'm pretty old

If you order off the classic menu, you have to go out back and butcher it yourself and cook it on a wood fired pot belly stove.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If you order off the classic menu, you have to go out back and butcher it yourself and cook it on a wood fired pot belly stove.

Right in my wheelhouse.

I kinda like those restaurants where you drink beers and cook your own steak. Good times

• Like 1

I will be on the Symphony 11-26.  Thank you for letting us know about changes.  We have cruised a lot in the last 1-1/2 years and haven’t been eating in the MDR, due to we are just tired of the exact same menu each week. We are going to have to give MDR another try.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Right in my wheelhouse.

I kinda like those restaurants where you drink beers and cook your own steak. Good times

They had those in Wisconsin where DH was from.  They were called Prime Quarter Steakhouse and were pretty darn good.  For those that drank tea they had little pitchers of simple syrup if you wanted instead of sugar packets.  I don't think they are open any longer but we really enjoyed eating there.

25 minutes ago, jk04 said:

They had those in Wisconsin where DH was from.  They were called Prime Quarter Steakhouse and were pretty darn good.  For those that drank tea they had little pitchers of simple syrup if you wanted instead of sugar packets.  I don't think they are open any longer but we really enjoyed eating there.

We had one in Columbia, MO. It was a spin off of one in Champagne, IL.

Also been to one on the beach in Honolulu 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Not a fan of Indian food. And think basics like roast chicken, strip steak, pasta are important go to items for the masses. This menu would keep out of the main dining room completely. And my auto gratuities would have to go then as well. If I wasn't using main dining services and staff at all and eating burgers in WindJammer every night, I would rethink a lot. Just in case anyone from Royal reads these.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

Not a fan of Indian food. And think basics like roast chicken, strip steak, pasta are important go to items for the masses. This menu would keep out of the main dining room completely. And my auto gratuities would have to go then as well. If I wasn't using main dining services and staff at all and eating burgers in WindJammer every night, I would rethink a lot. Just in case anyone from Royal reads these.

Kiddy menu still available😉

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

I'm going to guess you're not alone there. I think the new menus are trial balloons as much as anything else.

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Found this posted elsewhere  I didn't realize that the always available items were gone.  I'm a fan of the Spaghetti Bolonese

I was just as curious about this change as everyone reading it, so I reached out to Royal Caribbean for clarification on the changes.

The dining room menu update is limited to Symphony of the Seas currently, and the company is adamant they will be listening to guest feedback onboard the ship for their opinions.

The impetus for making the change is for the guest experience in an effort to simplify the dining room menu, which would allow the service to speed up.

I didn't see any of the menu items above that I didn't have on the menus for my 10/20 Enchantment cruise last month.

What I have noticed in September and October this year the food on all the ships I sailed has really improved.  I think they have recently started broasting the fish, chicken, and beef, because nothing was served overcooked and dry.  

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

What about the spaghetti, do you boil your own past and then they give you a jar of Ragu .🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, pcur said:

I didn't see any of the menu items above that I didn't have on the menus for my 10/20 Enchantment cruise last month.

What I have noticed in September and October this year the food on all the ships I sailed has really improved.  I think they have recently started broasting the fish, chicken, and beef, because nothing was served overcooked and dry.  

I was on Oasis in early October and the food quality and taste was the same-ordinary. 

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

So the strip steak on the always menu is gone on the test menu? I've gotten this about half the time. Not a good change goe me. I'd be in the WJ most nights. Picky eater. 

Strip steak? OHHHH, you mean the shoe leather they brought hubby.  It was awful!!

MDR in general on Explorer was meh.  A couple of absolute winners but also several losers and the rest pretty mediocre.

Edited by poocher

Just now, nelblu said:

I was on Oasis in early October and the food quality and taste was the same-ordinary. 

Definitely in the palate of the beholder.  The group of 4 others I was with also thought the food was very good in the Main Dining Room, and we had a discussion about how tender the protein entrees were in general.

1 hour ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

Please send this to Royal Caribbean.  I don’t believe they read these boards.

1 minute ago, garrymorere said:

I’m onboard now, actually scanning this as I sit in the MDR as we speak LOL. Will report back on lobster. 

I do miss my near nightly app combo of shrimp cocktail and French onion, I will say that. 

Hello, we will he on Symphony on 3 weeks. Would love to get your thoughts on the new menu. Any chance you can post some pics of what it actually looks like. Sorry if that is asking a lot. We are not really concerned about the lobster. Mainly interested in daily menu options in terms of variety. Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Hello, we will he on Symphony on 3 weeks. Would love to get your thoughts on the new menu. Any chance you can post some pics of what it actually looks like. Sorry if that is asking a lot. We are not really concerned about the lobster. Mainly interested in daily menu options in terms of variety. Thanks! 

Will do, at the latest when I get home!  I take pics of everything MDR every time so I’ve got you covered!  I didn’t come night 1 so there will be a gap there. 

Also worth noting and unrelated LOL,  Starlink is active for Wi-Fi 

Edited by garrymorere
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, garrymorere said:

Will do, at the latest when I get home!  I take pics of everything MDR every time so I’ve got you covered!  I didn’t come night 1 so there will be a gap there. 

Also worth noting and unrelated LOL,  Starlink is active for Wi-Fi 

Awesome, thanks so much! Very excited. Taking a first time cruiser so hoping there is enough variety.