I used to be able to cancel a reservation using the Cruise Planner...

dlh015

When I use the Cruise Planner to go to a booking and then Manage my reservation, it, up to very recently, had a place in the reservation details where I could cancel my reservation/stateroom. It was highlighted in blue and displayed the cancellation schedule when I clicked on it and then let me cancel if I still wanted to.

However, I have noticed that this has disappeared from my bookings over the past few days.

Have others encountered this? Perhaps good ol' Celebrity IT at work again?  🤔  

3 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

When I use the Cruise Planner to go to a booking and then Manage my reservation, it, up to very recently, had a place in the reservation details where I could cancel my reservation/stateroom. It was highlighted in blue and displayed the cancellation schedule when I clicked on it and then let me cancel if I still wanted to.

However, I have noticed that this has disappeared from my bookings over the past few days.

Discussed in several threads.  Both IT problems that are more evident than usual and many changes.

I use a TA to avoid dealing with the app or website.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Discussed in several threads.  Both IT problems that are more evident than usual and many changes.

I use a TA to avoid dealing with the app or website.

Obviously I missed those threads about this...which is unusual for me...lol...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

I've never noticed that option before. Just checked our two future cruises and both are not showing the cancel reservation/stateroom option. 

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I've never noticed that option before. Just checked our two future cruises and both are not showing the cancel reservation/stateroom option. 

Thanks...I know it used to be there because I have used it before.

Another item that has vanished is the one where you can specify if you want the beds moved together or kept apart...used to have a blue 'Edit' button next to it.  Now it just says Unknown configuration.

I'd rather not call X for such things. Fortunately there is no hurry...

• Thanks 1

Thanks...I know it used to be there because I have used it before.

Another item that has vanished is the one where you can specify if you want the beds moved together or kept apart...used to have a blue 'Edit' button next to it.  Now it just says Unknown configuration.

I'd rather not call X for such things. Fortunately there is no hurry...

If you wish the configuration of you bed changed, you can ask your stateroom attendant on day of boarding and they will be happy to do it for you.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wondering if you transferred to an TA.   I know I have in the past been able to cancel if I owned the reservation but once transferred that option went away.

No, these are reservations I own.  Thanks for the additional info though! I thought you had posted that in another thread...was hoping you might see this thread!

(never got a return call or email from a TA...🤷‍♂️)

10 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been available since early/mid-COVID due to all of the varying cancelation policies and rules in place at the time. 

?? Sorry, but I used it a month ago.  October 25th to be exact. 

ETA: LOL, I'm starting to suspect Celebrity IT again...like I had it when I shouldn't have. 

Edited by dlh015
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Also cabin change is not available

I find over the years that every time they have a big sale or new deployments their IT Department blows up various functionality.   Hopefully they will correct the deletion of functionality. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 10:07 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I find over the years that every time they have a big sale or new deployments their IT Department blows up various functionality.   Hopefully they will correct the deletion of functionality. 

Today, I see that this functionality has returned. Along with the ability to change your bed configuration.

So now, once again, you can cancel your reservation or change your stateroom using the website.

Edited by dlh015
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dlh015 said:

Today, I see that this functionality has returned. Along with the ability to change your bed configuration.

So now, once again, you can cancel your reservation or change your stateroom using the website.

So I’m just now getting up to speed since our last Celebrity cruise was November of 2019… what is this app you speak of?  Must I now have the app to do anything cruise related on Celebrity? Our next Celebrity cruise is in March. In 85 days to be exact 😊. We booked via  our TA. I HATE the idea of being tied to an app as it means I’m attached to my phone. Can I still operate the old fashioned way?

3 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So I’m just now getting up to speed since our last Celebrity cruise was November of 2019… what is this app you speak of?  Must I now have the app to do anything cruise related on Celebrity? Our next Celebrity cruise is in March. In 85 days to be exact 😊. We booked via  our TA. I HATE the idea of being tied to an app as it means I’m attached to my phone. Can I still operate the old fashioned way?

No, I said the website...not the app!!   😁  You're fine...this is only if you booked thru the X website...

Sorry if I caused any unnecessary stress!

No, I said the website...not the app!!   😁  You're fine...this is only if you booked thru the X website...

Sorry if I caused any unnecessary stress!

Lol.. I misread your post. Saw website and registered app. Probably because a lot of app discussion has occurred in Jim’s live review. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

On our last cruise you could still do most, if not all things the old way. If you want You can load the app from the App Store and do your check in, make dinner or shore excursion reservations, look at daily activities and menus at restaurants etc. kind of a one stop shop for all cruise related items.  Not for everyone, including my wife.