Has anyone created their own lanyard/necklace/bracelet for their Medallion?

driftychick

Extremely easy to make a lanyard with a large lobster clip.  Have several to coordinate with clothing colors.   Find it easier to use the plastic holder provided than find a similar size holder.  Times you do not need a lanyard and just slip in a pocket.

I am not "crafty" but looked at all my jewelry and sometimes hooked the medallion on a hinged bangle bracelet and mostly wore it on a longer chain that has a small medal on it. Worked great, I never used the lanyard that came with mine.

This is a craft project from a Carnival cruise. Works great for the Medallion. And it's really easy. You need beads, fiber/string that fits thru your beads, and a clasp that opens for you to put the Medallion onto. Attach the string to the clasp so that you have 2 equal amounts of string hanging off it. Add a few beads to the combined two strings, then start working on one string at a time. Leave a space on string 1, make a little knot, add some beads, repeat. You only need a knot at the bottom of where you want each set of beads. When one side is long enough for your desired length, do the other string. Then tie the strings together. No fancy equipment needed.

PXL_20221116_190831031.thumb.jpg.0ccc3402eb64cf6e149d29646dbda51b.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 4:17 AM, sparks1093 said:

Please allow me to piggy back on this, will be first time on Princess and wondering if you are wearing the medallion on your wrist if it needs to be removed when you make a purchase? 

You just put it on the blue circle of the reader. The wrist holder is nice as that way it does not get left behind in your room or in the pocket of another set of clothes.

9 hours ago, disneyochem said:

I bought a necklace from an Etsy store.  It's very nice and was much cheaper than what Princess offers!

I wear the necklace at night and the medallion on my Apple watch during the day (got to record those steps!).

How do you. Attach it to your Apple Watch?

15 hours ago, NownZen said:

You just put it on the blue circle of the reader. The wrist holder is nice as that way it does not get left behind in your room or in the pocket of another set of clothes.

Thank you. I saw a similar thing in use on Royal and in order to buy anything the user had to remove it from their wrist, which looked inconvenient enough to shy me away from using one.