Changing dining room table assignment

groundloop

5 minutes ago, skrufy said:

The numbers tossed around here are 12-1pm

I'm seeing a problem with that.  We're not platinum yet so won't have access to our cabin until 1:30, and we won't know our table assignment in the MDR until we get our Sail and Sign cards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 11:18 AM, groundloop said:

I'm seeing a problem with that.  We're not platinum yet so won't have access to our cabin until 1:30, and we won't know our table assignment in the MDR until we get our Sail and Sign cards.

I would still go to your cabin and grab your card.  It will be outside in the mail slot.  Just grab it and leave.

Someone will be working the podium of the main dining room when you board (it's also usually a muster station) and they can look up your table/dining situation based on your boarding pass and can make changes and also verify allergy accommodations. 

I've done this on all of my cruises since the restart before my S&S has been available to me with no problem.

We sailed on Magic the week of Nov 13th. On boarding day they announced that you could visit one of the main dining rooms beginning at 1:30 to request table changes. We visited right around then to see if we were assigned a table for two and they told us we were at a table for four. We asked if we could be changed to a table for two and they said they'd put our request in, and they would be worked on the next day, and to check the app the next day for any updates to our table assignment. Sometime later the next day I checked and our table had been changed.

Edited by NCMtnBoys

22 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

If you get there early can you ask for a table by one of the windows? 

The OP obviously had set time dining.  If you wish for a table by a window and you have YTD, as long as you get to the podium early and a window table is available, it should not be a problem.  

15 hours ago, Cushing985 said:

I would still go to your cabin and grab your card.  It will be outside in the mail slot.  Just grab it and leave.

carnival asks that you stay out of the halls until 1:30   and sign and sail cards are not placed in the mail boxes until closer to that time.  THere will be signs on the door asking you not to enter.      You can go to the Mairtr de about 1:30 and just check on your assignment.   You dont need your card to do that.   

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, serene56 said:

carnival asks that you stay out of the halls until 1:30   and sign and sail cards are not placed in the mail boxes until closer to that time.  THere will be signs on the door asking you not to enter.      You can go to the Mairtr de about 1:30 and just check on your assignment.   You dont need your card to do that.   

Diamond, Platinum, and Faster to the Fun people can go to their cabin to drop off suitcases as soon as they board.

Or you could just go to your assigned table the first night and then ask the hostess at the podium for a different seat assignment for the remainder of the cruise.  Personally we used to do assigned seating all the time.  Since DH went home to the lord I go with any time dining.  I'm seated at a table for 2 and then ask the hostess to seat me there every night.  win win for me.

On 11/24/2022 at 6:14 PM, Cushing985 said:

When we boarded the Horizon and went to the room to drop off our bags the steward hadn't put the keys in the mail slot yet.

He didn't do that until he finished the room.

On 11/15/2022 at 11:18 AM, groundloop said:

I'm pretty sure your table assignment is listed in the Carnival HUB app. You should be able to see that info as soon as you connect to ship WIFI.

We were on the Valor a month ago and actually had to change dining table assignments twice. The first time it was because two friends of ours booked the cruise without us knowing and surprised us at the Port. They didn't link their reservations to our because that would have given away the surprise, so we weren't seated together for dinner. Once onboard, our friend went to the dining room to inquire about the change, but there was no one there to talk to until after we sailed. Once he was able to speak with someone, they moved us so we could all be seated together. It was no problem at all! 

Our second change was due to having some very rowdy and completely uncouth people seated at the table next to us (extremely filthy language, extreme sexual innuendo, nudity - in the form of one girl flashing her breasts, and even a lap dance thrown in for good measure). We chalked night one's debacle up to maybe going a little heavy on the FunShip specials once onboard and that maybe it would calm down night two - but that wasn't the case. Night two was more of the same, so we requested a change to a more peaceful location which we were moved to for our last three nights of our cruise. 

On 11/15/2022 at 9:29 AM, groundloop said:

What times can you go to the MDR after getting on the ship to request a change to your table assignment?  

There is almost always an assigned person available once you board the ship who can assist with this, up until usually an hour or two before the first seating time for dinner. Just ask once you're on board and they can point you in the right direction.