Solo travelers

jgmc

I don’t cruise as a solo but my impression is that Silversea does a really effort to make solo cruisers have a great experience.  Personally my wife and I have met a number of solo travelers and almost without exception they have raved about their cruise.   We also reach out and welcome solos and have often invited them to dine with us, just hang out around the pool with us, and on a number of occasions have one or more join us on tours both ship and privately arranged.  Over our ten years on Silversea we are still in contact with many fellow passengers both other couples and solos.   

• Like 5

Hi Stumbles. To the OP, yes as Stumbles implies, SS is attractive for solos and they are treated well. It's very easy to mix with solos and non-solos, no need to feel that you must stay 'solo'.

I am currently on the Dawn and there's plenty, I've heard the number 48, solos - there certainly seemed like a good crowd at the solo cocktail gathering the first night.

I don't usually go to the solo things any more, I have developed my own way of cruising, but there are 5 solos in my trivia team, and only one married couple!

Edited by jollyjones
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I agree with the others on here and SS does their best to make sure solos feel very welcomed😀

We would love to cruise with Lois but it must be three or four times one of us was getting on while the other was getting off.   🤪😬

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I have done 3 solo cruises with Silversea. There's no pressure at all to join in, but if you want to talk to other solos there's a nightly meet up and some do go to dinner together. I am happy to be on my own, though I have joined others at times. I actually think Silversea is one of the best lines for solos, with of course some low supplements if you choose carefully.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I finished my first Silversea cruise on February 8 on the Dawn, and I can confirm Silversea does an excellent job with the solos.  The cocktail session starts at 7:15, and crew members rotate who joins the singles group.  They can help break the ice and smooth over arrangements for group dining if that is what the group (or some subset) wants to do.  The hosts were all great, though some were “greater” than others in my opinion.  

We also had the luxury of having a Silversea veteran cruiser traveling solo, and he was a fountain of knowledge for us first timers and Venetian Society members alike.  I would say if you dined alone as a solo, it was because you wanted to dine alone as a solo.  Also, a number of folks made excursion arrangements and assembled  trivia teams at the cocktail hour.  I highly recommend solo travel on Silversea.   

Edited by Chas2crews
Grammar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2023 at 7:04 PM, bpackermuti said:

I, too, will be traveling solo for the first time on the Silver Muse leaving from Osaka, Japan, on April 26.  Thanks to all of you for your responses.  If you have any other recommendations, please post!

Welcome toCruise Critic, and to Silversea.  You will definitely enjoy yourself.  For solo cruisers, the included excursions make a big difference.