10% Latitudes Cruise Discount

Captain-John

I did a mock booking for the cruise, thinking we might do it if the deal was right.  The coupon saved me $1 - and that was Canadian funds.  They even showed it as a line item in the price summary, like they were proud of the savings or something.  🙂  Thinking there must be a glitch.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

I did a mock booking for the cruise, thinking we might do it if the deal was right.  

Me too.  I'd probably do this as a solo so looked at Studios as well as other categories.  Interestingly, I don't see the discount showing at all (though it's visible in my account.)

The itinerary really doesn't do anything for me but I've never been on the ship so might consider it...if the price were right. 

23 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

Me too.  I'd probably do this as a solo so looked at Studios as well as other categories.  Interestingly, I don't see the discount showing at all (though it's visible in my account.)

The itinerary really doesn't do anything for me but I've never been on the ship so might consider it...if the price were right. 

You won’t see the “discount” come off until to apply the coupon on the payment screen.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bookbabe said:

I did a mock booking for the cruise, thinking we might do it if the deal was right.  The coupon saved me $1 - and that was Canadian funds.  They even showed it as a line item in the price summary, like they were proud of the savings or something.  🙂  Thinking there must be a glitch.  

Coupon shows up in both my husband's and my account.  When a mock booking is done and I get to the payment section, the same thing happens... a whopping savings of $1.00.

Seriously?  Computer glitch maybe? 

3 hours ago, bookbabe said:

Just did a mock booking, selecting a cheap inside cabin. My coupon would save 106.35 on this cabin.

Oooops, just posted this in another thread. I have the same coupon.

Just looked at the fares.  Didn’t do a mock booking to see if they actually subtracted 10%.

Still, Encore is a great ship and the fares aren’t bad with the 10% (if it’s really 10%) discount.

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

Oooops, just posted this in another thread. I have the same coupon.

Just looked at the fares.  Didn’t do a mock booking to see if they actually subtracted 10%.

Still, Encore is a great ship and the fares aren’t bad with the 10% (if it’s really 10%) discount.

Yours was for the Encore?   Mine and I believe the others were for the Escape.

27 minutes ago, lgdesign said:

Coupon shows up in both my husband's and my account.  When a mock booking is done and I get to the payment section, the same thing happens... a whopping savings of $1.00.

Seriously?  Computer glitch maybe? 

Now the discount is showing up properly in my mock booking... go figure.

I found this voucher today too. I wondered if it was a special Latitudes cruise like a themed thing but obviously not.  When I clicked on it it came up with the itinerary and said that it was modified so I don't know what it was before but it looks quite nice now.  

20 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Yours was for the Encore?   Mine and I believe the others were for the Escape.

Just double checked....it is for the Escape.  I misread it the first time.

Did a mock booking and got the 10% discount.  Decent fares, not great...even with the discount.

Actually, doing a double look, even with the discount, fares aren't that good, at all.

Edited by graphicguy

I haven't seen this coupon in my account. It is really interesting to me though, as this cruise is the one I booked (albeit the week of April 23rd), then changed, because the itinerary changed completely. Some of you will remember I posted that originally this itinerary was scheduled for the western Caribbean (Cozumel, Costa Maya, Harvest Caye, and Roatan). Then the itinerary switched completely to the current one (Puerto Plata, St. Thomas, Tortola, Great Stirrup Cay) due to consumer demand.

I am wondering if the consumer demand isn't really there after all this. I know I canceled the cruise and chose one in March, on the Joy, that is going to the originally planned itinerary. Perhaps a few others did since we're getting close to final payment date on that March cruise (tomorrow).

@graphicguy, you're right, even with a 10% discount, this cruise is still way too high! 

• Like 2

There must be tens of thousands of Latitudes members.  But I believe this only went out to people at a certain level.  I'm Sapphire and have it but I went into the profile I setup for my niece, who is Silver, and she didn't.

Echoing others, given the itinerary, it's overpriced to begin with so I'll pass.

Edited by phillygwm

Actually the price was good IMO.  Mock booking with 10% coupon for two in Club Balcony before travel protection was $2600.  Unfortunately we’re sailing on April 30 and can’t swing two so close together.  

Edited by laudergayle
Original post included inaccurate info

Thanks to this posting, I too see this on my account.  I wonder, just wonder, are any of you entitled to the new 10% discount for military service.  Since I recently applied for that, is this an artifact of that new discount that NCL's now applies to any mock booking I run.