On the Solstice Mexico Riviera right now, any questions?

NutsAboutGolf

Thanks for your input  . It has been a while since we sailed on any Celebrity ship because of their scarcity   in the LA area  . We have mostly sailed Holland America   out of our home port of San Diego but we are Elite plus with X  . Things certainly have changed  withX over the years & not  just their ships . Because they are sailing from San Pedro  we can drive up & park  .We are going B2B March 11 & 18 Mexican Riviera cruises regardless of duplication  we   want to be at sea  & able to shop in Mexico once again  

On 11/19/2022 at 10:13 AM, jelayne said:

Silk Harvest doesn’t exist any longer.  It is now Le Petit Chef at Silk Harvest.  So the space that was Silk Harvey is now where LPC is located.

Not necessarily a positive change IMO. Nothing against the cartoon restaurant, but in my experience certainly not better than Silk Harvest. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, good42n said:

It’s been a while since we’ve cruised. When you boarded the Solstice, we’re you able to immediately drop off your bags? If not, when did you get to go to your cabin? 

Yes, it was ready, boarded at 1215pm.  If you're on a holiday sailing or arrive at 11am, not sure if it'll be ready or not.  I've been on 9 sailings since the restart, the rooms have always ready when boarding

• Like 1

How was tendering in Cabo? We are on the Dec 11 sailing with an overnight in Cabo. We booked an independent Sunset Cruise for the first day. Ship arrives at 2 pm and we need to be at our excursion at 4:40 pm. I don’t expect a problem but just checking if tendering was smooth.

7 minutes ago, eel said:

How was tendering in Cabo? We are on the Dec 11 sailing with an overnight in Cabo. We booked an independent Sunset Cruise for the first day. Ship arrives at 2 pm and we need to be at our excursion at 4:40 pm. I don’t expect a problem but just checking if tendering was smooth.

It's one of the shortest tender rides so the only thing is waiting for the tender to somewhat fill up before they leave.  I would imagine the first three tenders won't have issues waiting to fill up.

On 11/18/2022 at 5:13 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

-It was chilly half the time, highly recommend bringing (or buying in port) a jacket or a hoodie

I was raised a SoCal softie, but moved to the Bay Area coast 40 years ago and had to toughen up. Same cruise as Nuts, and I whined about the heat, which I do whenever the mercury soars above 56F. I think I put on a lightweight fleece once, late at night.

Having said that, I spent a fair amount of my youth chasing albacore and yellow tail off the coast of Baja, and can testify that it can get bone-chilling cold out there any time of year. I brought along a water and wind proof jacket, and second Nuts' suggestion y'all do the same. 

On 11/19/2022 at 1:26 PM, Cajuntraveler said:

We will be on Soltice in January 2023 with an overnight in Cabo San Lucas.  I've been researching tours in the area.  Did you take any excursions in Cabo? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We were on Solstice 11/12. We got off the shuttle in Cabo and there were a lot of vendors selling tours. We took a boat tour to Los Arcos, and they will also drop you at a beach, then come back to get you. Reasonable and a good tour!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NitaBcruising said:

they will also drop you at a beach, then come back to get you. Reasonable and a good tour!

This requires you to track down the same boat that dropped you off.  And then board it in the surf.  Easier to go grab a land-taxi back to the Marina.

On 11/20/2022 at 1:49 PM, ORV said:

Not necessarily a positive change IMO. Nothing against the cartoon restaurant, but in my experience certainly not better than Silk Harvest. 

We all have opinions. Never went to Silk Harvest but love Le Petite Chef. It is forward thinking and I guess that isn't really for everyone. It's the same dinner over and over but it is fun, relaxing and different, which we prefer. 

1 minute ago, lilghallinsf said:

We all have opinions. Never went to Silk Harvest but love Le Petite Chef. It is forward thinking and I guess that isn't really for everyone. It's the same dinner over and over but it is fun, relaxing and different, which we prefer. 

With Le Petite the biggest complaint I’ve heard is the lack of choice of food items as you only have the regular and an alternative menus

17 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

With Le Petite the biggest complaint I’ve heard is the lack of choice of food items as you only have the regular and an alternative menus

For a picky eater, this is a huge complaint!  I'd like to try Petite Chef, but the first course has pork, the second King Crab, the main entree has pumpkin puree.  Yuck, yuck and yuck.  The only thing I would be able to eat is dessert!  [I can eat duck , I just prefer not to.  Any why do they put brussel sprouts and cabbage on the plate?  More yuck!]  I'll go to Petite Chef if my wife insists, and I'll eat afterward at the buffet or room service.  I've done that before with other specialty restaurants.  No pork, no fish, no shell fish and very few veggies really limits the menu selections!!!

On 11/18/2022 at 5:13 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

-Passengers...Was told there was about 1300 of 2850, everyone seemed friendly (which isn't always the case), from what was seen, well under a dozen kids and maybe 20 pax below 40 years old

We just disembarked today. Were told there was 900 on your sailing and 2100 on the Thanksgiving sailing. Celebrity extended several employees contracts an extra week to help accommodate the extra guests.  Looking to re-book on a non-holiday week so we too can enjoy the lower number of guests.  Had a great Thanksgiving week aboard the Solstice! 

2 hours ago, Caligirl33 said:

We just disembarked today. Were told there was 900 on your sailing and 2100 on the Thanksgiving sailing. Celebrity extended several employees contracts an extra week to help accommodate the extra guests.  Looking to re-book on a non-holiday week so we too can enjoy the lower number of guests.  Had a great Thanksgiving week aboard the Solstice! 

Glad you had a great week!  Our sailing was around 1,300, validated by the person who scans your seapass with when you visit a port