Is Starlink on Wonder?

2 minutes ago, dada2199cc said:

When did you sail?  I was on Oct22-29 and didn’t see it.  Is there a way you could tell?

I'm on Symphony right now. The papers in our stateroom told us the Internet was starlink, and somewhere online it also said that, I think maybe when I went to activate my account. I'll track down where I saw it and report back. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I haven’t noticed any posts that it’s been installed but I may have missed it. Thanks,

I would imagine that someone on either the TA or on last week's first Caribbean cruise (or both) will ultimately see this thread and post their experience with the internet services available on Wonder. It is entirely possible however that they held off on installing Starlink until they got back stateside from their European season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Just checked our January Wonder cruise, and Stream is on sale for $14.99 per day. Doubt that is what they will be charging for Starlink.

There has not been any obvious change in VOOM pricing on ships which have made the switch. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

There has not been any obvious change in VOOM pricing on ships which have made the switch. 

Haven’t paid anything for internet in quite a while, so my only reference points are what they were charging others on our recent cruises (20 since the restart and counting) on Oasis and voyager class ships. Stream was consistently published at $24.99/day on Harmony and Allure, and $22.99 on Mariner. Dropping by $10/day to me says they are making upside room for Starlink pricing. Your recent cruise experience may be different. What were the prices like on your recent cruises?

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Like all the other reports - $20/day for Surf and $25/day for Stream. What they charge in the planner varies but very unlikely due to Starlink install. 

So you have no direct post restart cruise experience to validate your position. Maybe if you actually got on a cruise ship, you might have a valid point.

Edited by orville99

46 minutes ago, orville99 said:

So you have no direct post restart cruise experience to validate your position. Maybe if you actually got on a cruise ship, you might have a valid point.

Was on Enchantment till yesterday and I probably read more CC RCI related posts than you do. Up to each reader to evaluate the info posted by posters. 

Edited by Biker19