P&O cancellation / Medical questionnaire

Cpot

6 minutes ago, Kopchadder8 said:

Nothing from my insurance yet. The letter was from Jessica in Guest Services.

Our family were well and would have gone on their own given the chance. They did ask P and O why they were cancelled and were told it was because of the association with us. Then their letter said they had flu !!! 

If BBC are happy to talk to them I could call them if they give me a name and number. Again thanks for your perservance Megabear.

Not a normal Southampton code, first one I've seen commencing 02380 ...

Look up BBC South Today ..

Have a look here and see what you think.  You'll need the travel correspondent although the guy who answered was very helpful and on the board. He knows he spoke to megabear2 from this board as well.

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Have a look here and see what you think.  You'll need the travel correspondent although the guy who answered was very helpful and on the board. He knows he spoke to megabear2 from this board as well.

Thank you  for all you are doing.  We have a cruise booked in 2024 which we are cancelling. We also have one booked for 2nd Jan which is fully paid for so we would lose a lot if we cancel. After that, despite the on-going situation not being actually to do with us we cannot trust P&O and booking a cruise and looking forward to the planning with them is no longer any fun so we will not touch them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

I'm just hoping it makes national TV but I will be wishing everyone good luck and 

a successful out come .

I chose BBC because I've worked with them before on two very major issues previously, one on rail travel and one on care for the vulnerable. They were very thorough but even handed.

If a story proves to be newsworthy locally they often investigate it and put on to national news and their website.  They are not alarmist or looking for scandal in my experience, certainly not looking for the sort of people the newspapers seek out.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I chose BBC because I've worked with them before on two very major issues previously, one on rail travel and one on care for the vulnerable. They were very thorough but even handed.

If a story proves to be newsworthy locally they often investigate it and put on to national news and their website.  They are not alarmist or looking for scandal in my experience, certainly not looking for the sort of people the newspapers seek out.  

I can see from your work and the unfortunate posters who have lost out, only want a fair 

and level playing field for everyone involved. All the best to all of you .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

I'm just hoping it makes national TV but I will be wishing everyone good luck and 

a successful out come .

I've just looked - seems each evening's broadcast is available for 24 hours on the BBC South website so hopefully it will be possible to view it.  I'm sure Megabear2 or one of us in the region will alert you should it make the programme.  But as you say, it needs to be picked up nationally as it has implications for everyone who has a cruise booked with P&O (and Cunard and others?) 

• Like 3

My intention in using BBC South was to get P&O to speak to someone and hopefully explain their case.  Using the local outlet is intentional as with all that's going on nationally it will be difficult to get interest at this time.  Being based in Southampton as well P&O are of big local interest to BBC and other media outlets loccally so I felt to get attention quickly - seems to be essential now so many are being drawn into things - this would be best.  If they choose to do something on the issue I can emphasise the need for national interest.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

The only thing I could think of is to spell out your email address. For example:

megabear2 at outlook dot com

Unfortunately there is no messaging facility on CC

There’s also nothing in the CC rules which says you can’t post your email address. Mine is in my signature and has been for ages.

There are plenty of free mail companies out there that could be used but I 

would never post personal e mail addresses on here or other such sites .

Eg joe bloggs could open an account like willegerrit @anothermail.com

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

There are plenty of free mail companies out there that could be used but I 

would never post personal e mail addresses on here or other such sites .

Eg joe bloggs could open an account like willegerrit @anothermail.com

No must admit I wouldn't be keen either, hence my reluctance to use social media.  

• Like 1

Megabear2, not sure if its been your pressure or the number of cancellations by P and O, but they have overturned their decision and we are now allowed on the cruise. My travel agent kept on their case and they rang me and redid the pre cruise medical questions, this allowed me to correct my previous error

• Like 33

8 minutes ago, Kirsten63 said:

Megabear2, not sure if its been your pressure or the number of cancellations by P and O, but they have overturned their decision and we are now allowed on the cruise. My travel agent kept on their case and they rang me and redid the pre cruise medical questions, this allowed me to correct my previous error

Fabulous news !  I'm delighted for you.  Have a great time.

40 minutes ago, Kirsten63 said:

Really pleased for you. Have a lovely time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kirsten63 said:

That is wonderful news for you, and hopefully this will see an end to P&O's hard line approach to the health questionnaire.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kirsten63 said:

Excellent news.

Perhaps finally P&O have realised that their stance is unsupportable.  

• Like 2

My only advice to those on future cruises. Test for covid at home, if you are negative, answer NO to all the nonsensical multitude of infinite possible covid symptoms, including cough, temperature  ......... just say NO . If needed wear a mask to hide a common cold /sniffle. 

If you want to claim on insurance might be worthwhile spending the circa £20 for a supervised test. 

Edited by Windsurfboy
  • Like 4

On 11/4/2022 at 1:35 PM, Megabear2 said:

That is the normal code for Southampton.  I recognised it straight away.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2022 at 9:08 AM, Teddy123 said:

My thanks too. Clearly P&O are applying their conditions as stated, and the only "line of attack" is that these conditions represent an uninsurable risk and are unfair - especially as the consequences of saying Yes in the wrong place are probably not clear to customers.  P&O need a different solution, perhaps asking those who are honest and do say Yes to take a Covid test and provide the results.

I phoned P&O after being 'cancelled' and told them I had an 'observed' Covid test taken that day, which was negative, but it made absolutely no difference.  I was told the first question referred to general illnesses not Covid, so I'm afraid your suggestion wouldn't work.

55 minutes ago, MumOfSonNumber1 said:

I phoned P&O after being 'cancelled' and told them I had an 'observed' Covid test taken that day, which was negative, but it made absolutely no difference.  I was told the first question referred to general illnesses not Covid, so I'm afraid your suggestion wouldn't work.

So are we to assume that anyone who has a slight cold ('a general illness) or bronchitus, hay fever etc etc, all of which involve a cough are NOT allowed to cruise? The ships will be empty but the con men will still have their money. They disgust me.. My 2024 cruise will now be cancelled. I have to go on the current one as we have paid. No more P&O, as they are untrustworthy, and CC.

Edited by Yorkypete

32 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

So are we to assume that anyone who has a slight cold ('a general illness) or bronchitus, hay fever etc etc, all of which involve a cough are NOT allowed to cruise? 

Not if you tick NO on the nonsensical form, and wear a mask if you have a slight runny nose