P&O cancellation / Medical questionnaire

Cpot

18 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

They will not test positive as  they will lie. There are no tests....you do not need one....you just lie and say you have had a negative one. Even if you are coughing your guts up they will do nothing as has been proven.

There are tests on the ship if you report as ill. If you report as ill you get tested, if you're tested positive you have to quarantine. You didn't answer my question.

If some random passenger you shared a table with at dinner tests positive does the whole table have to also quarantine? They can contact trace you from the cabin number you checked in at the dining room with. There was a large number of passengers quarantined on our last cruise.

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

Caribbean cruises upcoming with observed testing required 48 hours before sailing.  Will be interesting to try to find out ow many are refused boarding and how many cases occur onboard.

Yeah, we've got to test for our November Britannia, much better this way I think than our last Ventura cruise that had no testing and hundreds with covid onboard. Id rather test than have to start wearing a mask halfway through the cruise. Plus if you test and its certified properly you have a better chance of claiming if you are refused boarding

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mad4WDW said:

There are tests on the ship if you report as ill. If you report as ill you get tested, if you're tested positive you have to quarantine. You didn't answer my question.

If some random passenger you shared a table with at dinner tests positive does the whole table have to also quarantine? They can contact trace you from the cabin number you checked in at the dining room with. There was a large number of passengers quarantined on our last cruise.

Close contacts who are negative go under special measures.  They stay in their own room and can only eat room service but aren't quarantined as such. They are allowed off but not on tours.  They are tested fairly regularly apparently.  Seems like the whole trip becomes a half way house a you are restricted quite a lot and are masked at all times.

Host Hattie over on the Cunard board has just been through the procedure so its pretty current.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 2

Just now, Megabear2 said:

Close contacts who are negative go under special measures.  They stay in their room and can only eat room service. They are allowed off but not on tours.  They are tested fairly regularly apparently.  Seems like the whole trip becomes a half way house a you are restricted quite a lot and are masked at all times.

Host Hattie over on the Cunard board has just been through the procedure so its pretty current.

There was a cabin next to ours that was getting this I think, they always got room service at dinner and noticed breakfast as well the same and noticed someone in a Prenetics shirt and plastic gown delivering what looked like test kits to them

1 minute ago, Mad4WDW said:

There was a cabin next to ours that was getting this I think, they always got room service at dinner and noticed breakfast as well the same and noticed someone in a Prenetics shirt and plastic gown delivering what looked like test kits to them

It's pretty standard nowadays.  Unfortunately if you aren't quarantined with a positive test you aren't considered as in confinement and able to claim on your insurance.  Basically a ruined holiday possibly separated from your partner with no compensation.  Compared to having say Norovirus when you'd be able to claim £X per day on a full cruise cover policy a pretty rough deal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mad4WDW said:

What about if someone on the coach to the port tests positive? Are they still quarantining or turning away anyone on the coach?

That can't happen, because testing is not done prior to departure.

And, if a coach passenger tests positive later in the cruise, P&O would have no way of knowing who was sitting adjacent to them on the coach.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mad4WDW said:

Which was your last cruise please. I am interested to know how many people on cruises develop covid. As to your question on our recent cruise where we reported ill (amongst the few honest ones) no questions were asked at all.  People all over the ship were coughing but nothing was done  until the Captain said masks are now compulsory half way through the cruise. We had complained that people were coughing all over and were obviously not well but we were isolated and the crew took no notice. The basic answer to your question is that people do not report as ill as they will lose much of their holiday with no compensation. We missed all the main ports and if I knew then what I know now I would not have reported ill as it cost us the holiday and a couple of thousand pounds.

We are currently on Ventura.  There must be numerous liars onboard as coughing, sneezing and the likes is constant.  We moved to a different table in Waterside yesterday because of a female coughing incessantly on the adjacent table.  My husband left the theatre on Monday night because of a man in the row behind coughing virtually on the back of his neck.  I have no idea of course if it is a covid related cough, but it is pretty annoying.  Don't waste your time downloading Covid passes, doing a LTF or showing your insurance certificate requirements at the cruise terminal as not required and take absolutely no notice of the requirements written in the daily Horizon regarding, mask wearing, photograph  ID etc., when visiting the ports of call.  Its all such a waste of time and effort.  We have never been without our masks, along with a number of other passengers, but it's safe to say, we are in the minority.  I really hope our efforts will avoid Covid.  Only if its gets better than this would we consider travelling again.

46 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

Which was your last cruise please. I am interested to know how many people on cruises develop covid. As to your question on our recent cruise where we reported ill (amongst the few honest ones) no questions were asked at all.  People all over the ship were coughing but nothing was done  until the Captain said masks are now compulsory half way through the cruise. We had complained that people were coughing all over and were obviously not well but we were isolated and the crew took no notice. The basic answer to your question is that people do not report as ill as they will lose much of their holiday with no compensation. We missed all the main ports and if I knew then what I know now I would not have reported ill as it cost us the holiday and a couple of thousand pounds.

If you get any numbers on cases could you post them here please? It's one of the things ABTA have asked if I have any knowledge of along with how many refused boarding for non covid related questionnaire failures.  They are interested in cruise date as they have a theory (not officially) that fear of being refused boarding will have exacerbated case numbers since FCC and compulsory testing stopped.

As ever I'm charging in demanding a fair deal for all but truthfully I normally end up fighting the battle alone as there's a serious public aversion to "getting involved". 

13 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Caribbean cruises upcoming with observed testing required 48 hours before sailing.  Will be interesting to try to find out ow many are refused boarding and how many cases occur onboard.

Megabear, I'm more than happy to assist with the crusade. The P&O pax deserve better.                         We're on the TA crossing on Britannia next Friday. I'll try to keep everyone informed about life on Britannia during our trip. Will probably start a new "Live Report - B225" topic.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I am finding it difficult to believe that if you say you had a cough that was not Covid in the last 2 weeks, you are refused boarding!  What about those who tick a box in error?

I have now got 6 people who were in this position.  As Moley said elsewhere it seems P&O are arbitrarily deciding any minor cough  cold or whatever is a reason to refuse boarding. There is no appeal, they are sent to the insurer.  Honesty doesn't pay I'm afraid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, walkingdude said:

As ever I'm charging in demanding a fair deal for all but truthfully I normally end up fighting the battle alone as there's a serious public aversion to "getting involved". 

Megabear, I'm more than happy to assist with the crusade. The P&O pax deserve better.                         We're on the TA crossing on Britannia next Friday. I'll try to keep everyone informed about life on Britannia during our trip. Will probably start a new "Live Report - B225" topic.

Excellent,  glad to have someone else onboard (in your case literally!)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I am finding it difficult to believe that if you say you had a cough that was not Covid in the last 2 weeks, you are refused boarding!  What about those who tick a box in error?

Too late ! You are automatically banned from boarding.

14 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I would be grateful  if you could post the ABTA e-mail address. I am sending a complaint with all details of our fiasco on board Britannia and sending it to Paul Ludlow with copies to ABTA, Simon Calder (the travel writer) and the Daily Mail. We will see what happens.

19 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

I would be grateful  if you could post the ABTA e-mail address. I am sending a complaint with all details of our fiasco on board Britannia and sending it to Paul Ludlow with copies to ABTA, Simon Calder (the travel writer) and the Daily Mail. We will see what happens.

Hi. You cannot email or telephone a complaint at the first point of contact.  You will need to register it via this link:

https://www.abta.com/help-and-complaints/customer-support/register-a-complaint

Once you've done that you will get a reference number.  On receipt of the complaint an online portal for communication opens and you and they converse through that.

I've cheated a bit as I have a direct telephone and email link with a dedicated adviser who is dealing with my Princess complaint.  She very kindly jumped me up the queue on discussing P&O although I've not yet registered a formal complaint as I'm in communication with P&O direct at the moment - being discussed at the "highest level" and with the legal team apparently.

If you're contacting Paul Ludlow the email I get responses from within a few days is 

executive.correspondence@carnivalukgroup.com. 

This is Paul Ludlow and Sture Mymerl's office. Megan is quite responsive at present, although she's not my personal contact.

I also got a 5 day reply from po.guestsupport@carnivalukgroup.com when I told the telephone operator I wouldn't accept any nonsense of waiting months.

Suggest you raise the ABTA complaint first - Ludlow/Mymerl's people seem rather scared of a reference number from them!

Regarding Calder and Daily Mail one of my other lady contacts from another source has raised the FCC/insurance matter with MSE (Martin Lewis).  No harm in your adding to his postbag perhaps!

Hope that helps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Hi. You cannot email or telephone a complaint at the first point of contact.  You will need to register it via this link:

https://www.abta.com/help-and-complaints/customer-support/register-a-complaint

Once you've done that you will get a reference number.  On receipt of the complaint an online portal for communication opens and you and they converse through that.

I've cheated a bit as I have a direct telephone and email link with a dedicated adviser who is dealing with my Princess complaint.  She very kindly jumped me up the queue on discussing P&O although I've not yet registered a formal complaint as I'm in communication with P&O direct at the moment - being discussed at the "highest level" and with the legal team apparently.

If you're contacting Paul Ludlow the email I get responses from within a few days is 

executive.correspondence@carnivalukgroup.com. 

This is Paul Ludlow and Sture Mymerl's office. Megan is quite responsive at present, although she's not my personal contact.

I also got a 5 day reply from po.guestsupport@carnivalukgroup.com when I told the telephone operator I wouldn't accept any nonsense of waiting months.

Suggest you raise the ABTA complaint first - Ludlow/Mymerl's people seem rather scared of a reference number from them!

Regarding Calder and Daily Mail one of my other lady contacts from another source has raised the FCC/insurance matter with MSE (Martin Lewis).  No harm in your adding to his postbag perhaps!

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much. Pete.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

I've been compiling some base information for a couple of weeks, so I'm probably still miles behind you, but if there's anything specific you'd like me to look at/investigate, just let me know.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

The answer is dont tick yes to any health question, otherwise you will be denied boarding.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, walkingdude said:

I've been compiling some base information for a couple of weeks, so I'm probably still miles behind you, but if there's anything specific you'd like me to look at/investigate, just let me know.

And there I was thinking I was the only sleuth!  Looking for disappearing staff and if they reappear, signs of constant use of room service for cabins, unusual and unexpected group cabin calls over the ship, people wandering around in Prenetics gear, hopefully no calls for masks but if the worst occurs on which day and how long after a port call.  Any refusal of entry into Caribbean ports - they have far higher thresholds on infection than the UK as evidenced by the number of US ships having problems. I'm like Inspector Clouseau when I cruise at the moment as I always blunder into things I shouldn't!

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

Thank you very much. Pete.

When we escalated our complaint through ABTA they wouldn’t do anything until P&O had been given 28 days to respond which of course they didn’t then it takes another 28 days for ABTA to do anything but once they were on the case P&Os legal department contacted us with compensation offer and we had it sorted that day, then it only took another couple of weeks to get it all on the cruises we wanted it on but this was back with customer service who don’t seem to understand basic English and had to be drawn a diagram for what we wanted🤷‍♂️