Football Thursday NIGHT amazon

George C

44 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

I’m fairly sure no cruise ship does since Amazon has the exclusive. The only non streaming service I know of that carries TNF is Directv’s business package for sports bars. I doubt Celebrity or any cruise line would get that.

I know rccl showed it .

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, George C said:

I know rccl showed it .

TNF is shown on local channels and Amazon.  If the cruise ship can get a local channel then it is possible.  Have gotten local feeds from NY and LA on board in the past.  You can also stream it yourself.

You will need to ask on board.

41 minutes ago, George C said:

I know rccl showed it .

That surprises me. What game? Not every Thursday game has been on Amazon. Week 1 was NBC, I believe. The Thanksgiving game won’t be on Amazon either. Thursday games are also shown in the local markets of the two teams playing, I think, so Royal could have picked that up somehow. 

2 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

That surprises me. What game? Not every Thursday game has been on Amazon. Week 1 was NBC, I believe. The Thanksgiving game won’t be on Amazon either. Thursday games are also shown in the local markets of the two teams playing, I think, so Royal could have picked that up somehow. 

Royal does a good job with sporting events we once saw a boxing fight that was pay for view at home . 

As the World Cup games are on at the moment, you may be lucky and the CD will decide to have the games on in the Theatre.

We were on Silhouette in July 2018, when the World Cup was in St Petersburg. All matches were streamed.

Also the same for the Euro’s final on 31/07/22 on Silhouette.

Different CD’s, but same approach.

698DE55F-B8BD-4AB5-8A07-D78C7C57570F.thumb.jpeg.79c044583c784ffebc7a35648106e8a8.jpeg

July 2018.

• Like 2

It depends on what ESPN feed the ship receives. When in the Caribbean, you'll see more cricket and football (soccer) and many NFL games that would not be on that network at home. This applies to other sports too.

So, the answer to the OP's question is a firm 'maybe'!

On 11/22/2022 at 6:55 AM, Guindalf said:

It depends on what ESPN feed the ship receives. When in the Caribbean, you'll see more cricket and football (soccer) and many NFL games that would not be on that network at home. This applies to other sports too.

So, the answer to the OP's question is a firm 'maybe'!

Your conclusions may be correct; however ESPN does not carry Thu Night Football.

16 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Your conclusions may be correct; however ESPN does not carry Thu Night Football.

Perhaps, perhaps not. The international versions of ESPN shown on Celebrity ships carry many games not typically carried by the US version of the network, including some Sunday NFL matchups.

15 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Perhaps, perhaps not. The international versions of ESPN shown on Celebrity ships carry many games not typically carried by the US version of the network, including some Sunday NFL matchups.

That is something I have yet to see on any of our cruises.

On 11/22/2022 at 2:55 AM, upwarduk said:

As the World Cup games are on at the moment, you may be lucky and the CD will decide to have the games on in the Theatre.

We were on Silhouette in July 2018, when the World Cup was in St Petersburg. All matches were streamed.

Also the same for the Euro’s final on 31/07/22 on Silhouette.

Different CD’s, but same approach.

698DE55F-B8BD-4AB5-8A07-D78C7C57570F.thumb.jpeg.79c044583c784ffebc7a35648106e8a8.jpeg

July 2018.

Just got off Apex (Thanksgiving week cruise). World Cup games were shown at the Rooftop, not the Theatre.

All WC matches were shown but not too many people watching.

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

That is something I have yet to see on any of our cruises.

You’ve never seen a Sunday NFL game on any cruise? I can even recall ESPN carrying last year’s MLB World Series on Edge in the Caribbean. They pickup the US feeds with US network announcers and graphics but it is ESPN. 

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

You’ve never seen a Sunday NFL game on any cruise? I can even recall ESPN carrying last year’s MLB World Series on Edge in the Caribbean. They pickup the US feeds with US network announcers and graphics but it is ESPN. 

Yes, I have watched NFL games at sea.  In all cases that I can remember--such as our recent Constellation TA--Celebrity will take the network feed (CBS, FOX, NBC, etc) and they will put it on one of the special stateroom channels (not an ESPN channel).

For example, here is the channel line up on Constellation' stateroom television (courtesy of Tee & Chili):

CC0D9809-4B4C-48B8-BA25-8F9395C56E6A.thu

And here is our Oct 30th Celebrity Today which had the (woeful) Steeler game on Channel 22 and the Bears game on Channel 23.  It was not carried on either of the ESPN channels.

FF7B44B5-6FB3-456A-B881-C933B82CD214.thu

Here is the Dec 25 2016 Steelers v Ravens game on our Infinity stateroom TV.  It was not carried on an ESPN channel either.

AF9A7EB2-D643-4C1C-9504-8AC1E880FBB5.thumb.jpeg.60816584d346fe6a50acde61d07602a7.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

Yeah, the Constellation TA was terrible for NFL games. They probably should never have listed them when “we are having satellite issues” seemed like it would happen in the middle of the Atlantic. And, it did. 

To the OP, If you have the fast internet package on the ship use that Wi-Fi, sign into your Amazon prime account on your laptop or phone, and watch the game on laptop or phone. 

Edited by xamsx
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Yes, I have watched NFL games at sea.  In all cases that I can remember--such as our recent Constellation TA--Celebrity will take the network feed (CBS, FOX, NBC, etc) and they will put it on one of the special stateroom channels (not an ESPN channel).

I stand corrected on that, thanks. I did find an online tv listing for ESPN caribbean and it shows they are scheduled to carry tonight's Sunday Night Football game which is an NBC game in the US. Maybe that's what I was recalling.

44 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I stand corrected on that, thanks. I did find an online tv listing for ESPN caribbean and it shows they are scheduled to carry tonight's Sunday Night Football game which is an NBC game in the US. Maybe that's what I was recalling.

I took your good idea and looked at the ESPN Caribbean TV schedule myself. I wouldn't have thought they would be showing the NBC Sunday Night Football game, but I see they are. So I also stand corrected.

Of course, they are showing tomorrow's Monday Night Football game since ESPN has the televising rights to MNF. However they aren't showing the Thursday Night Football game (the original subject of this thread!). 

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2022 at 11:40 PM, xamsx said:

Yeah, the Constellation TA was terrible for NFL games. They probably should never have listed them when “we are having satellite issues” seemed like it would happen in the middle of the Atlantic. And, it did. 

To the OP, If you have the fast internet package on the ship use that Wi-Fi, sign into your Amazon prime account on your laptop or phone, and watch the game on laptop or phone. 

I had not thought of that. Oustanding idea! Tomorrow night on the Equinox I will be the guy at the bar watching his laptop.

• Like 1