qUESTION ON CHEAPEST WAY TO BUY INTERNET PACKAGE

Just now, Mountaineer0313 said:

So, it's cheaper to just select one person, and 2 devices, than it is to select both travelers in the cabin, with one device each. Am I missing something? If I just select myself and the 2 device option, then myself and my husband can both use our phones for internet, correct?

Yes, that's correct. You will set up an account when you get on board and give your husband the details. Then you can each have your phones connected. If either of you tries to connect a 3rd device, one of the other 2 will get disconnected. 

8 minutes ago, pcur said:

Or, you can sign up for 1 device, and toggle the usage between your devices.  Also, if you're using it to stay in touch with each other, the Royal app has a messenger feature for $2 / day per person.

I can see sharing data between us as a sure way to divorce lol. We will always be together, so no need for staying in touch.

With one person 2 devices you can also set up a HotSpot and when one of you is in the cabin an additional device can be used also. We used our laptop and I could be watching a movie and using my phone at the same time while DH is out of the cabin. This worked out well for us.

50 minutes ago, Ashland said:

With one person 2 devices you can also set up a HotSpot and when one of you is in the cabin an additional device can be used also. We used our laptop and I could be watching a movie and using my phone at the same time while DH is out of the cabin. This worked out well for us.

I don't understand...did your husband HAVE to be out of the cabin?  Could you both have been on your phones whilst streaming a movie on your laptop?  How did you set up a hotspot?

2 hours ago, Katems75 said:

I don't understand...did your husband HAVE to be out of the cabin?  Could you both have been on your phones whilst streaming a movie on your laptop?  How did you set up a hotspot?

No...My DH did not "have" to be out of the cabin. Yes, we could have both been on our phones...but that wasn't what we needed. At times I was texting family on my iPhone and researching new cruises I was going to be booking onboard etc. etc while he was at the pool or the SL. This was the first time we have even thought about a Hotspot but it worked.

We had the Voom S/S pkg with two devices.

I have no idea how DH did this but it worked.

Not everyone's device can hotspot a WiFi connection, so don't count on that.

If two people want internet at the same exact time, best option is one person books a 2-device plan.  Then any two devices can be connected to the internet at the exact same time.

8 minutes ago, AtSeaAlways said:

Here is a strange deal- for an upcoming Radiance cruise, I can only book Surf and Stream.  The Surf Only plan icon is missing. 

It's not strange - that has been reported by many over the past few days - RCI is likely limiting Stream only in the planner during the current "sale" and will probably be back next week.

Edited by Biker19

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It's not strange - that has been reported by many over the past few days - RCI is likely limiting Stream only in the planner during the current "sale" and will probably be back next week.

Thanks.  Given the college football schedule in that week, I might spend the extra for the Surf and Stream.   I can tell you the non-stream package is aware of and blocks many popular streaming services.  

Beware of trying to use a hotspot on a ship- the default hotspot behavior is to share cellular /LTE Internet to Wi-Fi users, say at a remote business meeting.  On a ship, unless (or even if) you have the right at sea cellular data roaming plan, this can get expensive quickly.  

5 minutes ago, AtSeaAlways said:

Beware of trying to use a hotspot on a ship- the default hotspot behavior is to share cellular /LTE Internet to Wi-Fi users, say at a remote business meeting.  On a ship, unless (or even if) you have the right at sea cellular data roaming plan, this can get expensive quickly.  

No one should ever even think about hot spotting the ships' cell signal.

• Like 1