Bag of laundry

BuckGood

3 minutes ago, BuckGood said:

Anyone know how much a bag of laundry is on board?

thank you!

It’s priced by the piece. Sometimes they have specials-$40 for a bag. Depends on what you squeeze in it whether it’s worth getting the special. Sometimes they offer 3/5/8 bag specials, and those are a better value as far as I’m concerned.

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

You can get a lot in the bag if you roll everything up. 

+1 on that.  I can get enough into a bag that if I hit you w the bag it would probably kill you.  If I remember correctly on a longer cruise you get a free bag every 7 days.  Don't forget that all Azamara ships have free laundry rooms.

DON

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We were on Onward last month on a B2B and IIRC the laundry special was $40 for the bag - same offering on both cruises.

We had 1 bag of free laundry each leg. I rolled everything very tightly and added up the per item price of what I stuffed in the small laundry bag.  It was some slacks, a lightweight sweater and a lot of shirts (1 polo and lots of tee shirts - no socks or undergarments, which I do by hand in the sink). Just for the heck of it, I added up the per item price and it would have been much less than $40.  So the "special" might be more than the regular price depending on what you cram into the bag.

A tip:  there is a hanging rod in the closet above the mini-fridge which does not have enough clearance for hanging clothes.  However, when the closet door is closed, due to the heat generated by the fridge, it becomes like a warming cabinet.  I found that my and my DH's socks wouldn't fully dry overnight on the line in the shower, even after rolling them up in a towel to remove excess water.   So I put the still damp socks over the rod in this closet and they finished drying very nicely.  There is also a rod on the inside of that closet door (tie rack?) that can also be used.  I found this very handy during our 15 days onboard.

I also used the free laundry room two or 3 times (we pack light) and of the 12 machines (6 washers, 6 dryers), usually 5 were out of commission each time, either marked "out of order" or "undergoing maintainence".

5 hours ago, donaldsc said:

+1 on that.  I can get enough into a bag that if I hit you w the bag it would probably kill you.  If I remember correctly on a longer cruise you get a free bag every 7 days.  Don't forget that all Azamara ships have free laundry rooms.

DON

But in our experience on Journey in October, the free-laundry soap is highly scented versus the paid [in our case, free with loyalty and suite] laundry is scent-free.  And they didn't shrink anything.  [Which I can't say about the chef...]

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the mice said:

I also used the free laundry room two or 3 times (we pack light) and of the 12 machines (6 washers, 6 dryers), usually 5 were out of commission each time, either marked "out of order" or "undergoing maintainence".

Onward is clearly the 'red headed stepchild' of the Azamara fleet [says the loving husband of a beautiful red head...]

Most of my clothes are cold wash and do not put in a dryer. My late husband used our allocation of free laundry and also used the free passenger laundry.  I take and use my Scrubba bag, which is worth its weight in gold.

What has been the experience, if any, of sending items to the ship's laundry with request NOT to put in a dryer?

39 minutes ago, Port Power said:

Most of my clothes are cold wash and do not put in a dryer. My late husband used our allocation of free laundry and also used the free passenger laundry.  I take and use my Scrubba bag, which is worth its weight in gold.

What has been the experience, if any, of sending items to the ship's laundry with request NOT to put in a dryer?

Journey followed my wishes fully but I’m thinking it might vary depending on who is handling it not necessarily which ship

• Like 1

Okay, for what it's worth, it is amazing how much can get stuffed into those tiny free bags. You would not want to stuff them with plutonium or enriched uranium. That said, I'm met more interesting people in the laundry room than at most M&Ms (yes we will be there, the M&M and probably the laundry too) on Sunday. The ship's laundry is expensive, they all are, but they do an amazing job, and that includes spot removals and delicates. Trust me, getting an Indian visa was much more of a hassle, and cost more than the laundry, than laundry will be on board.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I do most of my laundry in the guest facility and some items go back to our stateroom without seeing the inside of a dryer,

When using the ship's laundry, my bags have over the years been sent with requests for (1) cold wash, (2) cool/warm dry, NOT HOT please 🙂 and almost always everything comes back the same size as when it went.

One very annoying time was prior to disembarking with another eight days land touring before heading home. Most of what went came back so small it was unwearable.

Yes, I did go to Guest Relations, but there was no real response other than "sorry."

It didn't stop me cruising with Azamara though.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...