Table for 2?

hmorrow

9 hours ago, techteach said:

For me, early dining is too early, late is too late. As a diabetic I try to eat at the same time every evening which is 6:30. When we board I hope to book 6:30 for every night. We are assigned freedom dining on our booking. We aren’t big on attending shows and with rotator cuff tears there won’t be any ball room dancing! We shall see soon, 21 days.

Britannia first seating is at 6PM, and I believe this was for reserved/assigned tables on both levels.

The later seating is at 8:30 on the lower level with assigned/reserved tables. Open seating (different table every night) starts at 8 on the upper level.

Show times got pushed back to 10:15 starts as most late seating tables were finishing about 10 

Cannot help thinking due to experience of open dining on other cruise lines for few years of large queues waiting at MDR for dinner is being highly exaggerated. There might have been a few problems with the initial conception on Cunard but would be soon sorted out. In all the cruises we have done open dining we have only ever been given a pager once in all the cruises. Sorry but first sitting at 5-45pm and 8-30pm far too late and having flexibility is a great step forward.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

Britannia first seating is at 6PM, and I believe this was for reserved/assigned tables on both levels.

The later seating is at 8:30 on the lower level with assigned/reserved tables. Open seating (different table every night) starts at 8 on the upper level.

Show times got pushed back to 10:15 starts as most late seating tables were finishing about 10 

Recently first sitting has been changed to 5-45pm on QV.

On 11/26/2022 at 1:39 PM, majortom10 said:

Recently first sitting has been changed to 5-45pm on QV.

With the timings being rescheduled backwards, it appears first sitting has now become High Tea.

One’s late Grandmother would have made comment on the perceived breach of protocol with “Oh my - It’s so wrong” .

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

With the timings being rescheduled backwards, it appears first sitting has now become High Tea.

One’s late Grandmother would have made comment on the perceived breach of protocol with “Oh my - It’s so wrong” .

Or the Early Bird Special.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

I would have thought if people want to dine at that time it is up to them, and no cause for disdain. If no one chooses that time, anytime dining will suddenly become very busy?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I would have thought if people want to dine at that time it is up to them, and no cause for disdain. If no one chooses that time, anytime dining will suddenly become very busy?

I agree.

T'wirly for us but I know a few people for whom early dining is a necessity for their digestion.

On 11/26/2022 at 1:23 PM, TheOldBear said:

Well unless timings have changed in the last two weeks on the QV cruise 11/11 - 15/11 First sitting was 5.45 and second sitting 8.15.  Show times were 8pm and 10 pm.

Level 3 was for the fixed sittings ie 5.45 & 8.15 and level 2 for anytime dining.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2022 at 2:17 PM, ballroom-cruisers said:

Queuing for long periods to get to dinner is not a way that we would find acceptable for dinner on holiday. Dinner every evening is an occasion for us, not merely a time to shovel food down our throats and re-fuel for the next 6 hours. In order to be an 'occasion' for us it has to be enjoying time with interaction with our waiter(s), and taking time to have enjoyable conversations along with enjoying the flavours and presentation of each dish from starter through main to dessert and taking time for a coffee and petit fours. Not everyone wants that, but we are certainly not alone in wanting to enjoy dinner in particular as a special event, and not just on Gala nights.

Agreed !!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1