San Juan or St. Maarten

kuxiam

Like others said it really depends on what you want to do. I’m a beach person so I prefer St.Maarten.

Also look at what time the ship gets to San Juan. It would be a better port stop if ships got there early like they do in most places but they usually arrive after noon which limits what you can do.

• Like 1

Both are good. I’d give the nod to St. Maarten. We had one of our best excursions ever on a private catamaran, with snorkel, awesome lunch spread, and beach break. The jets flying right over your heads on the beach was a hoot.

• Like 1

St. Maarten by a longshot whether you want beaches or culture.  I recommend, for first trip, an excursion that visits the major towns on both the French and Dutch side, plus a beach stop that includes time for both beach and eating.  There are plenty of these excursions.

We've yet to do it (although we have spent some time there as an embarkation port) but we fully intend to do an extended land vaca to St. Maarten. What we'd really like to do is combo 10 days there w/ 2-3 over in St. Barts. Been to the latter I think 3 times. Spectacular.

• Like 1