Wait to book on Friday?

As @molly361says, no they won't be lower. TBH, I haven't found prices any lower than they were 2-4 weeks ago, at least for the fall 2023 sailings I'm interested in. But maybe that's because they're still so far out.

Going-Going-Gone sales might have something new/better by tomorrow, if you're interested in near-last-minute bookings, 90-day sales, whatever else they might be called.

• Like 2

Actually, I found a significant price drop on one of my cruises, and I texted cruise friends abut checking their prices.  One got a good decrease on a family cruise they were paying for, and another got a total of $1,600 on three different cruises.

3 minutes ago, pcur said:

Actually, I found a significant price drop on one of my cruises, and I texted cruise friends abut checking their prices.  One got a good decrease on a family cruise they were paying for, and another got a total of $1,600 on three different cruises.

Are you saying that if we have 3 cruises booked and paid for through Feb and there is a price reduction we can get the lower price?

Cruise fares are based on math models that take into account historical demand, current booking activity and price, and forecast models for future demand. There is no telling when price drops occur and how many cabins will be allowed to be offered at the low price.

You have to constantly check for price reductions. I do notice the lowest fares usually occur in the morning (US Eastern Time Zone). I got a suite on an 8 day cruise for 1024. After I grabbed it the price went to 2785. It went up and down but never back to 1024. The lowest I saw was 1785.

26 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Are you saying that if we have 3 cruises booked and paid for through Feb and there is a price reduction we can get the lower price?

According to Royal's FAQ, there isn't any Guaranteed Prices 48 hours after booking.  However, according to some in here, some that have been historically accurate,  and my TA, if you are out of the final payment date (90+ days), the Price Guarantee is still valid.  

One of the caveats to price drops is that your room category still has to be available for booking otherwise there's nothing to price match against. We're in one of the suites on Symphony and we can't price match b/c they're all booked already, so we're stuck. 

Edited by jstewie23

1 hour ago, fredmdcruisers said:

If you are past final payment date, you are not supposed to be eligible for a price reduction. The option would be to move to a better cabin that may now also be priced lower.