Interesting Refund

Last Friday I cancelled 3 different reservations (refundable deposits)

Two were from the same ship for $530 each and the other was a short cruise for $210.

I just received the refund today...great timing (6 days)  but what surprised me the most was that it came back as one refund for $1270.

In the past I would have counted myself lucky if this had come back as 3 refunds, one each for the full deposit amount.  I most cases it would have shown up as 6 refunds (one per person per sailing).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Two were from the same ship for $530 each and the other was a short cruise for $210.

I just received the refund today...great timing (6 days)  but what surprised me the most was that it came back as one refund for $1270.

In the past I would have counted myself lucky if this had come back as 3 refunds, one each for the full deposit amount.  I most cases it would have shown up as 6 refunds (one per person per sailing).

Maybe it's a Thanksgiving blessing.  I remember during the pandemic one of my refunds was for $.10 cents.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have one as well that I was going to tell you about but I keep forgetting.  My TA cancelled two separate bookings for me on Oct 20th, two different people two separate deposits ($200 deposits each) actually made several months apart.  The very next day Oct 21st I had one credit for $400.  Since it was the day after my TA 😇 cancelled my bookings I thought that there is no way that could be them.  Although I was not due any more money I thought for sure that 2 $200 refunds would appear but they never did.

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

They have been known to do some unexplainable and mystifying accounting. I had cancelled a cruise during the shutdown, and decided to go with the FCC instead of a refund because I had plenty of future cruises to use it on. After the restart I applied it to a cruise, and considered it taken care of. Their crack accounting department reapplied the same FCC to that same cruise a few months later, essentially paying off the cruise (I think I ended up paying ~$100 total on a $2,000+ cruise).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I have one as well that I was going to tell you about but I keep forgetting.  My TA cancelled two separate bookings for me on Oct 20th, two different people two separate deposits ($200 deposits each) actually made several months apart.  The very next day Oct 21st I had one credit for $400.  Since it was the day after my TA 😇 cancelled my bookings I thought that there is no way that could be them.  Although I was not due any more money I thought for sure that 2 $200 refunds would appear but they never did.

t only took them 2 1/2 years to get it figured out.  I guess they will be ready for the next pandemic.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I also made changes last Friday. Still waiting for a little over $1,200.  Since you received yours this gives me hope.  🙂

I always knew Royal can do many things with the press of a button, but, in the past they have always refused to or found excuses why things can’t be done. Maybe times are changing & Royal have decided not to stuff around their clients. Time will tell…