Current policy for cancelling because of covid, help please.

kernow

We're currently on Ovation from Sydney. The cruise was booked in the UK in April 2022. We should be doing a b2b with the second cruise starting tomorrow. This morning I tested positive for covid.

We would prefer to get off the ship tomorrow and stay in a hotel in Sydney for the next 11 days  There is no mandatory isolation there and recommend is only 5 days so could be out and about in a few days time.

Guest services on the ship are saying that we are only entitled to a future cruise credit for the next cruise and not a refund. I temember this being discussed on here previously but can't find it now. Can someone help me find the exact policy please.

Worse case scenario, we do have insurance but it would be easier if we could just get a refund.

44 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thank you. That's what I thought, can't find anything to say if this is just for US or would be the same for cruises booked in UK.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kernow said:

Thank you. That's what I thought, can't find anything to say if this is just for US or would be the same for cruises booked in UK.

Looks the same on UK site too.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/faq/questions/if-i-test-positive-for-sars-cov-2-what-is-your-refund-policy-and-costs-covered

• Thanks 3