Check your TK reservations. Seabourn deleted min

CLOU

I will be on the Ovation in The Caribbean in January.  I booked this cruise about a year and a half ago and booked my Thomas Keller reservation shortly thereafter.  It showed up in my cruise booking after I booked it but I never bothered to check later.   Yesterday, as the cruise is finally approaching and I am thinking about it again, I looked at my booking.  Not only does the reservation not appear but since the website would allow me to make a new booking (only 6:15 and 6:45 on the last night of the crise remain) I realized my booking had been deleted.  I contacted Seabourn guest relations.  Surprisingly, considering what I have read on these boards, someone got back to me the same day, but all they said was that the reservation could have been deleted as part of the website redo and there was nothing they could do.  they simply offered me the two times I saw as still being available on line,  neither of which is acceptable.  I will check when I get on board but I am only on for seven days so I am not sure I will get anything.  Luckily, I have been to TK several times already, and while it can be nice to try once a cruise, especially on a longer cruise, I will  not be crushed if I do not eat there on this cruise.  Still, Seabourn really dropped the ball on this, so this is  long winded way of advising everyone to check their upcoming cruises for their reservations.

• Like 1

In my opinion, the booking system for the TK is designed to have the diners think they are "special" to be allowed to eat there. So more access for higher level suites, the "one res per cruise"', etc.

I suggest you go to the grill on the day you board, and ask for the wait list on a couple of cruise nights. Odds are you will get the day andtime you wish.

Over-rated, for me.

• Like 2

We are on the Feb 4th cruise. We booked the TK grill twice, because we dont pay extra we thought that was it. 

A couple of weeks a go I got a mail saying "your internet purchases need finalising"?  I didnt mean paying for internet it meant finalising my cart, I didnt know it went in the cart? Once I did that I got a confirmation e mail.

If you don't have pre-confirmed reservations for the TKG, do you go to Seabourn Square and make a reservation there on the first day?  Or do you make a phone call from your cabin?  Or do you go to the Grill itself (and what time is the earliest time you can do this after embarking?).

Thanks!

CLOU, coincidentally I happened to be checking my itinerary for my April TA on the Ovation. Like yourself, my TK reservations that had been made months ago were gone. I was able to make new ones on the same dates as originally booked, but at different times. 

3 hours ago, CLOU said:

Yesterday, as the cruise is finally approaching and I am thinking about it again, I looked at my booking.  Not only does the reservation not appear but since the website would allow me to make a new booking (only 6:15 and 6:45 on the last night of the crise remain) I realized my booking had been deleted. 

Me too, just yesterday - different boat and cruise, but same problem!

I have sent SB guest relations an email, with copy of my original reciept with all six reservations. I can see that all the times I carefully tracked and dilligently booked back in September are now gone, so I can't reserve again. Yet to get a response from SB. OK this is really a 1st world problem, but kind of annoying, We rather like the ambience of  TK grill on the O class ships and having a break from MDR, but the only slots left are 6.00 pms, which are just too early for us. Bah!

Edited by Flamin_June

within the last week or so, I noticed my TK reservation for each of my cruises next year are no longer showing up when I check my bookings.  They were there up until that time.  I do have have an email confirmation from when I made the reservations.  I will contact Seabourn on Monday.  I do think there is an issue with seabourns website....certainly not the first time! 😁

Nancy

• Like 1

It is interesting that it appears many people have this problem.  I do not have confirming email because it used to show in my purchases.  I may try and go to the Grill when I board and get on a waiting list, but as I said originally, it will not be a big deal for me if I can't eat at TK on this cruise. In my opinion, it is nicer on the bigger ships than on the Odyssey class ships, but I usually book just for some variety, rather than because I find the meal or experience so much better.  In fact, as I have posted elsewhere before, I have been put off in the past by the wine upsell.  On a seven day cruise, with the main dining room, the Colonnade, sushi and Earth and Ocean I will have plenty of choices and variety.

I  reached out via email regarding our missing TK reservations. I was informed that a recent update is not showing existing/previously made reservations, but that they were not cancelled. They are still in the system, but not able to view at this current time. 
I imagine this is causing quite the headache for the reservations/customer service group. 

• Thanks 2

Wow!  Just 51 minutes after I emailed Seabourn (and this is a Saturday, no less), they responded by saying, "Updates to our add-on booking system have caused existing dining reservations to no longer appear on your “Inventory” page. Be assured, you still have the following reservations..."

So, no reservations have been removed.  They still exist but are just not currently viewable on the website. 

Therefore, no need to worry, no need to contact Seabourn.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Every Saturday someone posts an issue with the website on here and every Saturday the answer turns out to be the same - they’re doing maintenance during the weekend. Check again on Monday and it’ll very likely all be fine. 

PS. Why people stress about TKG reservations months in advance is beyond me. We never book until we’re on board and have never been disappointed. 

Relax. You’re on vacation. On Seabourn at that. 

• Like 2

Skybluewaters, it is interesting that Seabourn told you the reservations were not gone, whereas the response did not mention that it still might be in the records.  We will just have to see when we board.

3 hours ago, CLOU said:

Skybluewaters, it is interesting that Seabourn told you the reservations were not gone, whereas the response did not mention that it still might be in the records.  We will just have to see when we board.

Can you let us know after you board, please?

Mine were gone also for our Feb, 7 Sojourn cruise.  I tried rebooking yesterday and it wouldn't put it in the cart.  Today it did but after I did one, it said I had reached my limit.  The whole cart thing is confusing and we didn't understand it on our first cruise after TK was introduced.  You have to go through and finalize, including checking terms and conditions, even though there is no charge.  I'm not sure if our originals reservations are still there because it let me make three.  I didn't print out my first confirmation but I'll go back and check the dates.  

I am in the UK going on the Encore on 7th May and seeing this thread I looked at my cruise planner and my booking had disappeared.

I phoned the UK office and the girl said since computer changes the bookings are not showing on peoples planners but she checked and my reservation is 100% there in their system.

Thanks for alerting us to this - I checked my itinerary (Encore June 2023) and my TK booking wasn’t there. It let me make a booking for the same day 15 mins earlier than the previous booking so the original one must have been completely deleted or it wouldn’t have let me make another! 
unless they sort this out there is going to be a lot of chaos in Seabourn Square on embarkation days - or at TK when people turn up for a booking which doesn’t exist !!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AnnieO2019 said:

Thanks for alerting us to this - I checked my itinerary (Encore June 2023) and my TK booking wasn’t there. It let me make a booking for the same day 15 mins earlier than the previous booking so the original one must have been completely deleted or it wouldn’t have let me make another! 
unless they sort this out there is going to be a lot of chaos in Seabourn Square on embarkation days - or at TK when people turn up for a booking which doesn’t exist !!

I agree there could be chaos on the ship so hopefully this is sorted soon. 

I called Seabourn Australia this morning because I thought I would check first and when they looked they confirmed all my original bookings and times were there. I have printed off a hard copy of my original confirmation details to take with me. I must admit I always do as I have had a couple of times previously when I have had a booking gone astray. Usually it is just one not all of them though 😁.

I thought I was alone, clearly not.  All of mine on both booked voyages are gone.  Hopefully they will return soon.  It does give me second thoughts booking shorex worrying they could similarly disappear … along with my money.  

The whole problem doesn’t scream “luxury” by any means.

• Like 2

Ok, so after reading this thread, I checked my reservation on-line and yes, indeed, my Keller reservation for dinner was missing from my itinerary.  This had me worried and just one more thing to check on.  I was ready to call Seabourn but decided, why not download the Seabourn app on my phone and check it there.  I downloaded the app and viewed my itinerary on the app and lo and behold!, the Keller reservation is there!  I took a screen shot of the reservation (just in case).  I would suggest downloading the Seabourn Source app onto your phone.  My hubby and I took our "photo" for the boarding process within the app for our upcoming cruise.  The app may not have a lot of bells and whistles but at least it saved me from fretting over my dinner reservations.. one less thing to worry about.

I would love to check my reservation on the Seabourn Source App but it will not let me log in 

on either my iphone or my ipad. I have tried with both my Club number and email address and I know my password is correct because it works on the website.  I keep getting different error messages.