ON BOARD CREDIT

Tablelamp

9 minutes ago, Tablelamp said:

As a Baltic member do I still get my 10% discount on items when I still have on-board credit to spend

No I believe your 10% discount is applicable to anything you buy pre cruise (for which you can't use OBC) but once on board you only qualify for your loyalty discount once you have spent all your OBC.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tablelamp said:

In that case, it’s giving it to you with one hand and taking it away with the other, how very shocking

Not exactly because not everyone has Peninsular Club discount. It has always been the case that you get no Peninsular Club discount, if applicable, until all your OBC has been spent.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Tablelamp said:

Thank you,  it seems so long since I cruised and so much seems to have changed.  So.  Just to be sure,   there is no discount applied whilst your OBC is still in credit.

Correct, and a long term bugbear of mine. In effect obc is worth less to someone in the Peninsular club than to someone who isn't. The discount is a loyalty benefit that you don't always get. 

BTW, Princess apply the discount even when you have obc. 

9 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I know that OBC is built into the pricing structure but it seems a bit churlish to complain about not getting a discount on money that is given and not coming out of your own bank account. 

It isn't churlish, it's simple mathematics. 

Two Carnival shareholders, one is entitled to 10% loyalty benefit discount the other isn't. Each receives £150 obc. One buys items that would have cost them £150, the other buys items that would have cost them £135. 

How is that a loyalty benefit?

Also the pricing structure means that you are purchasing your spending money(obc) and without it the cost of the cruise would be lower. This obc is not a gift. 

57 minutes ago, Somerset Cruiser said:

It isn't churlish, it's simple mathematics. 

Two Carnival shareholders, one is entitled to 10% loyalty benefit discount the other isn't. Each receives £150 obc. One buys items that would have cost them £150, the other buys items that would have cost them £135. 

How is that a loyalty benefit?

Also the pricing structure means that you are purchasing your spending money(obc) and without it the cost of the cruise would be lower. This obc is not a gift. 

It is churlish. Spending £150 OBC is equivalent to 100% discount as it is money that was given to you!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Somerset Cruiser said:

At the risk of being rude, did you actually read my post before replying? 

With all due respect, I did read your post. My point is that if you are given £150 and buy something using it, then it has not cost you anything, which equates to a 100% discount.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Palaceman said:

With all due respect, I did read your post. My point is that if you are given £150 and buy something using it, then it has not cost you anything, which equates to a 100% discount.

If you book a saver fare, no OBC. If you book select at +£400, you get £350 OBC, so it has not ' not cost you anything'.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

If you book a saver fare, no OBC. If you book select at +£400, you get £350 OBC, so it has not ' not cost you anything'.

Maybe P&O should follow most other mass market cruise lines, and do away with offering a loyalty discount for on board spend, that would resolve the problem for those complaining it's unfair.😊😇