Summit Cabin 9111

markeb

I searched the cabin thread and this one doesn't show up. It's an S1 just forward of the elevators for a SB Alaska cruise in 2024.

Curious if anyone has stayed in this cabin and your thoughts. It's right below the pool deck, but it also looks larger than a lot of other S1's. 

Thanks!

I've stayed in that cabin before -  not bad   You do have a big overhang above from the pool deck and you will occasionally hear chair scraping.   You will also hear very loudly when they have music playing at the pool.   Luckily it only lasts for 50 minute at a time.   It's the same size as S1s with the exception of the S Handicaps which are larger.

CelSky-1530-1509318942.webp

8 minutes ago, markeb said:

@Jim_IainWould you do it again? Or would you look on the sixth deck? TA came back with this one today, and we're in it for now. I kind of like higher decks in general just don't know the M class. Thanks!

If I had a choice I would definitely take deck 6.   I have to say the Butler and Room attendant were great.   I was ok with the sound but it was difficult to take pictures with the overhang. 

I looked at it. You are near the center elevators which is a good place to be. Use this elevator to get most anywhere including off the ship and the Ocean view cafe or Mast Grill is only 1 flight of stairs up or down.  Yes you bar under the pool deck which is not the best but it looks like you are under a table area not a lounge chair area and in Alaska the pool area does not get as much use.  It might not be to bad.  Not a lot going on up their in sleeping hours.   

Thanks, Jim. I think we'll switch to 6. That overhang, especially for Alaska, is a little scary...

And most of the Sky Suites are on 6, with Luminae and the Retreat Lounge on 4. The deck plan is apparently wrong for that sailing; Celebrity is offering me 6115 as an S1 and the plan says it's an S2. I'll check with the TA.

Any experience with that bank of cabins?