Sydney Super Shuttle

11 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Shuttles in Sydney have a bad reputation,unreliable,dirty , bad comprehension.

Taxi,Uber or train is your best.

I always use a shuttle but not the one with a desk in the airport.  All shuttles take you to all hotels.  I stay in Potts Point and get a shuttle both ways.  You can't beat door to door service.  

1 hour ago, crewsin250 said:

Has anyone ever used the Sydney Super Shuttle for a transfer from airport to hotels near the Overseas cruise terminal in the Rocks please give info if this is a good company to do business with Thanks for any and all info

Paul

I have used them plenty in the past, between the airport and airport hotels, and could never fault them. That was before everything came to a near halt for 18 months and most of the shuttle drivers in Sydney had no work, and moved on to other jobs.

I don't know what they are like now. Judging by the online comments for them and other shuttle companies, services have been unreliable, and I don't know if things are starting to return to normal or not.

PERHAPS use it if you are by yourself and not in a hurry.

The shuttles are not particularly frequent. From experience they also do not tend to stick to their schedule as much as they should. Last 2x I had the feeling that they are waiting if perhaps another bunch of customers would rock up.

Vans are not comfortable or particularly clean. Don't expect American style shuttle vans.

For more than one passenger, a taxi or Uber wont cost THAT much more, and it goes when you want it to go.

And without stopping at who-knows- how-many other hotels and go the "scenic" route.

5 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I always use the train to go from the airport to Circular Quay. But I always travel (relatively) light.

If you can manage your luggage, the train is often the quickest way. Relatively cheap. And if it's not raining, it is a lovely stroll from Circular Quay train station to the ship. 10 minutes absolutely tops. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

If you can manage your luggage, the train is often the quickest way. Relatively cheap. And if it's not raining, it is a lovely stroll from Circular Quay train station to the ship. 10 minutes absolutely tops. 

If you have luggage tell the station staff and they will put a ramp up to your carriage for you to board train and have a ramp ready for you to depart at Circular Quay.  Makes train travel so easy for people with luggage, prams, wheelchairs, etc.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Shuttles in Sydney have a bad reputation,unreliable,dirty , bad comprehension.

Taxi,Uber or train is your best.

The hotel that we will be staying offers private pickup for AU$140, is that expensive?  Will be from airport to Four Seasons Hotel Sydney.

Another option that I am considering is the Uber service.  Is Uber pickup area in the same area as taxis pickup?  Is it far to walk to get to Uber pickup after exit from arrival level?

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

The hotel that we will be staying offers private pickup for AU$140, is that expensive?  Will be from airport to Four Seasons Hotel Sydney.

Another option that I am considering is the Uber service.  Is Uber pickup area in the same area as taxis pickup?  Is it far to walk to get to Uber pickup after exit from arrival level?

Thank you.

How many people?

If it’s jus a couple way over the top.

You will be coming it at peak hour ,I would just get a taxi. Taxi should be about $60AU.

Edited by Chiliburn

21 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Thank you. Reason for my asking was because from prior posts, there were a few negative comments of using taxi. 

Taxis have a good reputation in Sydney but use Uber if you wish.

The Uber pick up is a little further but not by much , I believe it’s well posted.

But $140 for a hotel shuttle is a bit rude.

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Taxis have a good reputation in Sydney but use Uber if you wish.

The Uber pick up is a little further but not by much , I believe it’s well posted.

But $140 for a hotel shuttle is a bit rude.

I might be wrong Chilly. Four Seasons - If they have organised it, it's likely a town car with a driver that meets you with your name on a sign near the carousel, and helps you with your luggage to the car.

Edited by arxcards

8 hours ago, kernow said:

We arrived at Sydney Airport on Monday morning just over 2 weeks ago. At 8am taxi to Grace Hotel in CBD was $81. We were in very slow moving traffic so probably much cheaper at other times.

Did you pay with cash or credit card?  If credit card, how much additional service charge for using the card?  

We will arrive on Monday morning also, probably also around 8 a.m. before getting to the taxi line.  Was a long walk to the taxi line from exit of luggage pickup?  Was it easy to get a taxi?  

Thank you.

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

I might be wrong Chilly. Four Seasons - If they have organised it, it's likely a town car with a driver that meets you with your name on a sign near the carousel, and helps you with your luggage to the car.

I did inquire with Four Seasons through Live Chat.  It will be a limousine.  According to Live Chat, the driver will meet us outside of the airport.  Due to security reasons, if we want the driver to meet us inside the airport, I need to inform the airline in advance and make arrangements or get some kind of pre-approval.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

I did inquire with Four Seasons through Live Chat.  It will be a limousine.  According to Live Chat, the driver will meet us outside of the airport.  Due to security reasons, if we want the driver to meet us inside the airport, I need to inform the airline in advance and make arrangements or get some kind of pre-approval.

I find that a bit weird. There are always drivers with signs inside the airport.

And perhaps don't expect a STRETCHED limousine. It's probably something like a nice BMW or Lexus....

How much help do you need? How much luggage are you bringing?

The taxi rank is 100 m from the exit.

$170 seems to be excessive.

*but the Four Seasons is lovely. Make sure to have dinner at Mode Kitchen and Bar. It's lovely *

2 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

As mentioned, we are a bit loose with the term Limo here.

Nice sedan, clean & polished, leather seats, BMW/Mercedes/Audi etc.