Jim_Iain - Solstice LIVE Mexico Riveria B2B - December 3 and 11

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Looks like a nice day in LA.  Passing Santa Cruz Island. 

6CE86A4C-88E5-44EE-9A47-25DA4CAB1026.thumb.jpeg.414057692abf94fd52568e3887180c3c.jpeg

Yes, but... did you wave?!?! 😜

Judging by the relative position of Anacapa Island, we were either at the right edge, or just out of frame in this pic. 

Now, we are in traffic, headed home, and feeling jealous.

Hve an awesome time!!

4 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

You would think that would be true but I don't think it works that way. My son had an issue trying to use his Global Entry card, when he tried to use it instead  of his drivers license on a domestic flight.  Ridiculous IMHO as getting a Real ID is much easier than getting a Global Entry card as respects security checks. 

The TSA issues the Global Entry card and they are the ones requiring Real ID, I wonder if he had a new person at security, someone who didn't know any better.

I always show my Global Entry card when going through airport security.   The only place I have had no luck with using my Global Entry instead of my non-Real ID driver's license is in Pennsylvania grocery stores when buying beer or wine.   They only accept a driver's license.

I don't yet have a Real ID license because Pennsylvania charges $30 extra for the enhanced license, not sure if every other state allows people to still renew their licenses without requiring Real ID.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just as we got to lot Prices on Uber surged to $110.   Luckily Lyft was at $52.   

I've only used Uber in the past but will be sure to download the Lyft app before our January cruise on Soltice!  Please let us know how much you pay to return to LAX at the end of your cruise.  

Have a great cruise and thanks for all the info!

18 hours ago, rotoal said:

Global Entry is also a Real ID, it is easier than carrying a passport for domestic flights.   But for a cruise that goes anywhere outside of the U.S., I would still want to have my passport just in case.

Really? i didn't know that. So no new driver's license needed just to fly if I have the Global Entry card?

17 hours ago, jelayne said:

ust under 30 mins to Crowne Plaza in San Pedro, cost $44.59.  Before tip.  This was at 3:30 on Friday.

jelayne - thanks for the info.  We will be arriving LAX on a Friday at 2PM in early January and also staying at the Crowne Plaza.  Reviews of the CP Hotel have been very mixed, making me a little concerned about our choice.  Would you choose this hotel again?  Any tips on the hotel, restaurants and transportation to the ship would be appreciated.  Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Edited by Cajuntraveler

Just caught up ... looking forward to following along again. I really miss cruising since my husband passed away 6 months ago ... had to cancel 4 booked cruises and there is no way I am ready to go it alone so will cruise along with Jim and Iain 🙂

Have a great b2b 

• Like 2

On 11/30/2022 at 12:05 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Please do a Live.   I was a bit reluctant to for my first.    I'm sure no one would believe it but I can be a real introverted extrovert.    The fun part is that you get to meet so many of the CC folks we probably would never get to meet otherwise.

I can be an extroverted introvert at times! 😀 My attempt will be limited only by the wifi. I am so excited for this trip! Only wish I could join the B2B group for Antarctica, but I need to retire first. Goals! 

• Like 2

Looking forward to following along with you again. My husband and I actually booked this cruise back in June of 2021. It was originally supposed to be on the millennium (our favorite ship). Earlier this year it was changed to the solstice (which we like very much). On top of that, a niece and nephew announced their upcoming weddings, requiring us to fly to two different states within two weeks of each other. Knocked the cruise off the calendar. Enjoy!

Happy  to follow your Live posts 

We’re taking our First Celebrity cruise next April on the Solstice and looking forward to your review and photos 

How was the Retreat/Suite check in area in San Pedro? 

Thx and have a great cruise 

Booked another Celebrity cruise yesterday on the Eclipse  for next November to Mexico 😜

Usually we cruise on NCL and Carnival but really looking forward to trying Celebrity