Jim_Iain - Solstice LIVE Mexico Riveria B2B - December 3 and 11

Jim_Iain

17 hours ago, juanrod said:

@Jim_Iain hope you still have your jeans and sweaters handy.  You are coming back to San Pedro to cold and rainy ☂️ Thunderstorms expected tonight through tomorrow morning 

It is chilly out there.   Jeans came back from laundry yesterday and have a puffer out if needed.

8 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

Well it’s almost over. We just finished dinner at Tuscan. Our third time here this week. Very good.  Luminae did not disappoint. Thank you Pande. The ship looks great which surprised me as I had read so many comments about the condition of this ship. She looks great. The crew worked extremely hard at making sure that we had a great time. They’re amazing. For anyone booked on this ship, please feel at ease that it will be a great experience. Jim, I hope that you and Iain have a great second week and thank you for this great thread. Safe travels to all of our fellow guests on your trip home. 

Was really a joy to sail with you

I agree with you 100%      I was really expecting Solstice to be a bit rough around the edges from some of the reviews that called her a Rust Bucket.   In my opinion she is looking much better than some of the ships that have gone through the Revolution.

Safe travels home.    I can't wait to get back to warm sunny skies.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LaCal said:

Jim what did the Seafood Shack lunch consist of and how much $ is it? 

Sounds like something we’d like to

try 

I didn't see the menu but a guest I spoke with said it was a bit disappointing.   Everything was served on a tray at one time in lieu of in courses.    It has disappeared from the next cruise.   I'll see if I can find out more.

• Like 1

Just now, Texed said:

Jim,

Thanks for the posts and pictures. 😊

It will be interesting to explore the ship more.    We have 2 sea days ahead of us.    With the colder weather yesterday I was just doing my walking in the hallways.

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

7:52 Retreat guests being given priority disembarkation. 

Decided to check Uber and Lyft.   Lyft appears to be surging. 

D3FCED9B-64F8-4749-9367-C4F6080DC315.thumb.png.2bd24481cb1c423b4f406df06262d7c2.png

0E7D4F2F-32B0-4C39-8B4A-A02249C19164.thumb.png.df8aa7bad1dddca07e809dd48dacfd24.png

2, 4. and 4 called at 7:56

I don't use either very often but those prices are crazy high!  I live in the country in western NY and I don't think we have many people driving for either one.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Was surprised to see a donut station 

10AC5518-99DD-40F8-A40B-528799C662FC.jpeg

Was this in the buffet?  Can't pass up a good donut!  🙂

We watched you sail by earlier, hoping the rain stops before we go to board.  Thank you, again, for all of your posts.  It was fun to sail along in anticipation of boarding today for two weeks.

Edited by lakegirl16

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Decided to check Uber and Lyft.   Lyft appears to be surging. 

Damn, those are expensive rides. I need to account for that in my budget as we'll be going directly to the airport from the ship next April.  

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Was surprised to see a donut station 

Those look delicious but I thought they had donut's most mornings.  

We normally do breakfast in Luminae on debarkation day.  I have to have my last morning almond croissant and coffee with Bailey's before departing the ship. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Those look delicious but I thought they had donut's most mornings.  

We normally do breakfast in Luminae on debarkation day.  I have to have my last morning almond croissant and coffee with Bailey's before departing the ship. 

We didn’t miss one breakfast there, pastries were excellent, gained about ten pounds, but have lost most of that since last week. Did you try the potato waffle thing ?

Just now, George C said:

We didn’t miss one breakfast there, pastries were excellent, gained about ten pounds, but have lost most of that since last week. Did you try the potato waffle thing ?

If you are asking me -- no, I have not tried the potato waffle. Should I?

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

If you are asking me -- no, I have not tried the potato waffle. Should I?

It was tasty it had waffles and potatoes and a egg on top , had it a couple of times last week on the beyond not sure if I ever saw it on Luminae before a couple sitting next to us ordered one then I had to try it .

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is chilly out there.   Jeans came back from laundry yesterday and have a puffer out if needed.

House has been shaking all night wind blowing sideways with the rain.  Sorry we couldn’t have a nice sunny welcome for your B2B turnaround day 

5 minutes ago, George C said:

It was tasty it had waffles and potatoes and a egg on top , had it a couple of times last week on the beyond not sure if I ever saw it on Luminae before a couple sitting next to us ordered one then I had to try it .

I usually pass on breakfast potatoes.  I have made a note to try it on Millie in April. 

I could see the waffle with the egg and a side of sliced ham.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Damn, those are expensive rides. I need to account for that in my budget as we'll be going directly to the airport from the ship next April.  

It's really sad how these organizations take advantage of people! I remember last year we took an Uber from our hotel to the port in Lauderdale.  Before they implemented surge pricing it cost about $20-$25. With surge we had to pay $80. Highway robbery.