C pap machines

Mrs f.

Question asked by someone on our Regatta cc rollcall.....

"We both use cpap machines.  We are in a penthouse suite. What is the outlet situation by the beds? Is it a simple plug-in? If not will we need to bring cords?

I'm sure someone here will know the answer.

Edited by Mrs f.
Spelling

• Mrs f. changed the title to C pap machines
47 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

Question asked by someone on our Regatta cc rollcall.....

"We both use cpap machines.  We are in a penthouse suite. What is the outlet situation by the beds? Is it a simple plug-in? If not will we need to bring cords?

I'm sure someone here will know the answer.

There are US and European outlets by the bed in penthouses (both sides) on R class ships - please also make sure you have filled the medical questionnaire as you need to disclose the use of cpap machines - they will come and test the machine to make sure it is safe to use on the ship and you will get distilled water if your machine needs it. 

3 minutes ago, ToxM said:

There are US and European outlets by the bed in penthouses (both sides) on R class ships - please also make sure you have filled the medical questionnaire as you need to disclose the use of cpap machines - they will come and test the machine to make sure it is safe to use on the ship and you will get distilled water if your machine needs it. 

Thanks ...I'll pass on the information 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ToxM said:

I merely notify Special Services department and they see that I have distilled water and an extension cord in case I need that. Have never had anyone "check my machine" or had to obtain any kind of ""authorization" to operate it on a ship.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, edgee said:

I merely notify Special Services department and they see that I have distilled water and an extension cord in case I need that. Have never had anyone "check my machine" or had to obtain any kind of ""authorization" to operate it on a ship.

I’ve always filled out their medical questionnaire (as they ask you to do if you are going to take on medical equipment, so they have been informed via the right channel beforehand. they have come and checked the electricals on it to make sure it won’t harm the ship. Maybe they do this because I am from the UK and the current is different. 

• Like 1

Not a problem.  Our TA informs the cruise line.  Distilled water, electrical extension cord, etc. is provided if needed. We traveled often before pandemic. My spouse bought a travel cpap unit…resumed mini. It is much lighter, quieter, and doesn’t use distilled water.  

I just contacted the main Oceania number prior to our cruise in September 2022 and the agent put in the request for distilled water.   It was in the stateroom when we embarked.   We were on Riviera - no need for an extension cord as plug right there by the nightstand.   Didn't disclose to anyone other than request for water.  On Riviera I found that the air tube and mask fit nicely in the top drawer of the nightstand keeping it "out of the way" during the day.

Joe

Edited by JoePDX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Both I (for 25 years) and my Wife (20 years) use CPAP machines and have never had a problem.  Was surprised on our first Oceania cruise, when after we set up the machines and left for supper & show, came back to fine a large bottle of distilled water on the desk.  We have always taken marine multiplugs for this and charging of our computers and cell phones. (Available on Amazon).  Just before COVID hit we bought the Travel CPAP and now use them when traveling instead of the big ones at home.  We did invest in the battery, but only used it once on overnight plane trip to Australia, and not since.

8 hours ago, GICNJC said:

Both I (for 25 years) and my Wife (20 years) use CPAP machines and have never had a problem.  Was surprised on our first Oceania cruise, when after we set up the machines and left for supper & show, came back to fine a large bottle of distilled water on the desk.  We have always taken marine multiplugs for this and charging of our computers and cell phones. (Available on Amazon).  Just before COVID hit we bought the Travel CPAP and now use them when traveling instead of the big ones at home.  We did invest in the battery, but only used it once on overnight plane trip to Australia, and not since.

I use a travel one as well … so much easier than lugging the home one around!