Best cruising parking in Fort Lauderdale

tampadee

42 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

The easiest is right at the port if you don't mind paying $20 per day.

Otherwise Park N Go is about half the price if you don't care about using their free shuttle. 

MissP22; just check with cruiser who disembarked Monday (28th) and who parked at the port parking garage.  Cost remains at $15 per day.  Although Park N Go is slightly cheaper, the convenience of walking off the ship and directly to our car is with the difference of $1.50 per day.  Of course, each has to decide for themselves.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, whitecap said:

MissP22; just check with cruiser who disembarked Monday (28th) and who parked at the port parking garage.  Cost remains at $15 per day.  Although Park N Go is slightly cheaper, the convenience of walking off the ship and directly to our car is with the difference of $1.50 per day.  Of course, each has to decide for themselves.  

I though it had changed to $20 per day.

At $15 per day it's more of a bargain since it's right next to the ship. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I though it had changed to $20 per day.

At $15 per day it's more of a bargain since it's right next to the ship. 

Still $15. Just paid the parking tab at FLL port. Very convenient to just walk to and from ship. Moreover, I don't like leaving my key fob with the offsite parking companies.

finished an eight night cruise on Odyssey OTS this Sunday and my parking experience (at berth 18) tells me to NEVER sail from PE again (and I have 70+ cruises under my belt)

We had an early arrival time but when we got there and I dropped off the bags the adjacent lot was closed off as 'full'. I could SEE open spaces but yellow tape covered the entry. ASKING anyone directing traffic where to go to park got a random arm wave.  I eventually ended up in the garage at T-19 from which there was NO shuttle back to 18 and no one could point me in the correct direction.  All in all a really horrible start to my holiday.

BTW I tried Park n GO ... they were booked up when I checked (MONTHS in advance) and the SAME price as parking in the port!

curious tidbit ..... I think I could have parked for free!!!!  When I did manage to park in the tower at pier 19 and stumbled around looking for a shuttle ... I saw some machines "pay for parking here" ....... hmmm ... no signs saying you must pay in advance BUT ....

So on my return, I went to the pay here place and dutifully paid for my parking and got a ticket to use to exit the garage ........ and as I exited the garage a port employee pushing cars out told me ... don't stop ... don't use the ticket ... just GO.  😮

Overall ... with 70+ cruises I found PE the MOST unfriendly cruise port for a drive up .... a few years back we left from PE and our daughter who lived near dropped us off at the port and THAT sucked but I thought 'anomaly' ..... NO .... PE just handles people very very poorly.....

We just left Park n Go last week, Nov 26.  It was not price competitive with the port garage.  However, when I mentioned it to the PnGo personnel, they made the point that they use 'date sensitive' rates...so parking during a holiday period will be more than a non-holiday period.  We were there during the Thanksgiving week, so we paid for the privilege.  Believe me, they know how to fill up that parking lot.  While some on CC bristle at the idea of leaving keys or fob with PnG, clearly there are lots and lots who have no problem with this issue.  Never read a report of a problem with this at PnG.

As far as the difference in getting to your car, PnG really shines because they will take you to your car.  No walking thru a garage dragging or carrying a bag, no elevator issues.  Our driver was happy to help load our bags into the shuttle and later into our car.  Tipping is obvious.

• Like 1

It all depends on which Terminal you will sail from.  We will be on Reflection this February.  She sails from Terminal 29, which is a long way from the nearest parking garage.  If we park at the port, we would need to take a a shuttle from the garage to the Terminal. 

I book Park n Go months in advance of the cruise, and the savings, plus service and convenience, make me a loyal customer!