Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I feel sorry for the new readers who stumbled across this, and are sitting there reading, thinking to themselves: "what in the heck have I gotten myself into?"... And, then they continue reading, like someone watching a train wreck... You want to look away, but you just can't... 

But, seriously. I'm just here having a good time. Don't take any of this stuff too personal... There'll be plenty of other reviews that will provide all the pertinent information you desire. As for this? I did it "my way"... The only way I know how......... 

(***Also, I know that my punctuation is rubbish. You can blame that on the DeKalb county school system who failed me miserably...)

I’m having a good time too!  Thanks for doing this

9:45 sounds good to me. Zzzzzzz

Edited by purpleally
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

On the back back streets I started noticing vans with signs on them. I figured that this must be the local bus system. I saw one that said "Maho", and I knew Simpson Bay was on the way to Maho. I stopped one of the drivers, and next thing I was on my way. I asked how much to drop me off at Captains Rib Shack, and she said $1.50... SCORE! I really didn't want to fork out twenty bucks both ways to eat, but now I had just found round trip transportation for THREE BUCKS... 

PXL_20221208_151126505.jpg

Like the coletivos in Playa.  Love them

• Like 1

Well, that's it for today's episode... We'll see you back here tomorrow for the next to last Sea Day on the Carnival Celebration... I only have one thing planned, which is the bartending class at Alchemy Bar at 12:30... Other than that, anything goes... Nitey nite:)

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

If I get to 300, I'm flying you all to Atlanta for a party at my apartment!... (***actual prize may vary from the one originally promised. No purchase necessary. Not valid in California or American Samoa.)

Screenshot_20221208-214307.png

Whew, it’s going to take you quite a while to write your final acknowledgment/thanks for reading post when this cruise is over.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, CallistaSkye said:

lol its so true! On our last cruise this past August on Royal, it was this family that let their kid harass another kid on an excursion and the parents did NOTHING to intervene. We were in line for the tram in Juneau. They have one of those coin machines where you put the pennies and quarters in so that it stamps the penny. This girl had paid for hers and was going to turn the handle with another girl RUNS UP and grabs it and starts cranking away on it. Won't let her even have a turn. We thought they were related. Turns out it was that families youngest daughter. The parents literally stood there, did nothing to stop her. The older sister had to run over and grab her and tell her that it was not hers to do that with. The Grandma of the girl who paid bought her another one and they were whispering to each other and everyone felt so bad for the older sister because she has to be the parent in the family instead of the adults. The little girl then proceeded to throw a HUGE screaming tantrum because they wouldn't pay for a penny for her. Then she was trying to climb on everything, and proceeded to strip down to her underwear in the line. The parents did nothing. We literally kept running into that family all over the ship and the Dad was so weird. The parents were completely checked out and did nothing to parent their children. Like yes, I get being burnt out and I don't know their story. But if you're an adult, then act like one! It was just so sad for that older girl because she doesn't even get to be a kid. She has to parent her younger sister instead.

Anyhow sorry to hijack with my rant.

Oh my, trying to nickname that family would definitely not be appropriate for this forum!  Too bad for the kids.  It really isn't their fault.  It is uncanny how once you see them, they are everywhere on the ship.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Oh my, trying to nickname that family would definitely not be appropriate for this forum!  Too bad for the kids.  It really isn't their fault.  It is uncanny how once you see them, they are everywhere on the ship.

It was seriously wild. They were EVERYWHERE we went. Like I do not get how it's possible to run into the same people at the most random times on a HUGE ship like that. I went to use the bathroom near the Serenity spa thing and somehow the mom and youngest daughter were in there and the little girl was telling the mom that another lady looked like a man. and the mom got SO embarrassed and was asking her why she said that. and I was trying to ignore them. We saw them in the buffet. I can't even remember where else. I feel bad for those kids for sure.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Sure enough, it was small. Just a rectangular hole in the side of the building. They supposedly had a non milk milkshake with rum that everyone gets, so I asked about it. At this point I was the only one back in the alley, but the lady said it would fill up later.

PXL_20221208_140738824.thumb.jpg.483928666fda8883f26d47425a27c3f5.jpg

PXL_20221208_140745184.jpg

Husband Day Care? Jammin54 I hope you're taking notes!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Well, that's it for today's episode... We'll see you back here tomorrow for the next to last Sea Day on the Carnival Celebration... I only have one thing planned, which is the bartending class at Alchemy Bar at 12:30... Other than that, anything goes... Nitey nite:)

Hey Sid, if you don't mind, could you tell me what you paid for the bottle of Hennessey Pure White?

• Like 1

Just now joining the review and currently reading about embarkation day.  Better late than never, I guess.  

Wanted to pop in and let you know you have another follower for one of your epic reviews.  Have the Celebration booked for next spring so looking forward to the pics of the ship and the food. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Hey Sid, if you don't mind, could you tell me what you paid for the bottle of Hennessey Pure White?

At one of the shops on the boardwalk in Sint Martin, I ended up paying $60 each, but I also bought a box of Cuban cigars... List price was $65, but I believe they're $75 on the ship...

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Got it on my list. We'll be there twice next year! 😁

It's a little hard to find, but I remembered from looking at Google maps that the alley was close to Diamonds International... Great little bar, serving five dollar drinks, and the owner (Juggies) is an extremely nice guy...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I miss St. Maarten.  We were there once about 8 years ago and I loved it.  We passed through Maho beach and got the classic photos of the jumbo jets landing that were so close it felt like you could touch them.  I need to put that itinerary back on my list.

• Like 1

Another night filled with rapid fire technicolor dreams. One, in fact, was a continuation of a dream I had over a year ago. The setting was exactly the same as it was when I left off, and it went forward from there. 

Since I never know what time it is, I just wait until I start hearing the "woosh" from the toilets. It was around 7:00, but I went back to bed for about a half hour, then headed down to Bar 820 for my morning fix. They for sure know me here now, and when I sit down, they just say "large black Americano?", and I nod... 

I then go directly outside to the chair I've been writing in every morning on board. I guess you could say that I'm a creature of habit (among other things...)

PXL_20221209_123441316.jpg

• Like 18

14 hours ago, gd_at_sea said:

Juggies is a great little hole in the wall to get cheap drinks. When I was there in 2018, I could not pass up the 2 beers and cigar for $3 deal.

As I recall it used to be $2.   But it's always a stop for BIL and I when we're there.  There used to be a thread on the Saint Martin board of CC that was titled:  " I found Juggies!!!"

Sorry Sid, totally missed making that recommendation before hand.  Glad you found it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

The seas have been pretty rough last night and this morning. They put the barf bags out by the elevators just in case. As for me, I seem to be immune to it... I guess that I was born to do this.

Join the Navy, ride a destroyer!!😁

There's some late season storms out int he Atlantic closer to the Caribbean that are causing some watching and waiting for boats starting their rowing challenge across to Antigua.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

At one of the shops on the boardwalk in Sint Martin, I ended up paying $60 each, but I also bought a box of Cuban cigars... List price was $65, but I believe they're $75 on the ship...

The question is: Are you sure they're Cuban?   Lots of fakes "floating" around.

• Like 3

Just now, crewsweeper said:

And the answer is:  You probably don't know.  But neither will anyone smoking them.

I have a friend back home that's an expert. I'll show them to him and he'll let me know if they're real or not.

• Like 5