Why don't elite get drinks from 5-7 on embarkation. Is something else going on

ILOVESHIPS

51 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

What is wrong with that? 

Especially if one believes it is a 'money grab' there are ways to avoid it, such as bring a bottle of wine aboard for first night consumption, possibly?

Cheers and bon voyage

Didn't say it was a problem, some rules are passenger friendly, some are X friendly.  In addition to the carrying on wine, you could throw a dollar in a the penny slots and get a free drink while playing

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Didn't say it was a problem, some rules are passenger friendly, some are X friendly.  In addition to the carrying on wine, you could throw a dollar in a the penny slots and get a free drink while playin

A good solution for sure...

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

It was Celebrity’s first bundling program.  Drink package, gratuities, and internet.  (Or OBC instead of the drink package)  They would allow you to pick, 1, 2, or 3 of the perks.  It was replaced by the B,B,B program (just a different name). and was replaced by the AI.  It has been around for many years.  

Ok, just never heard refer to as 123 program 🤔

if you just wrote perks I would have got it 😁

• Like 1

Wow - Celebrity offers a nice perk for elites to get free drinks from 5-7 every day after embarkation and it seems like some people can't just say, wow, thanks for a great perk.  Instead it's just complaining that what they are getting is not enough, they want MORE.  It's a PERK, it's not any thing more than that.

• Like 4

( The woodshed awaits my return visit with this one )

Assuming you don't have a drink package:

Is it "that" important or a " thing " to complain about on the first night of a cruise?

Every other day they allow complimentary drinks ( depending on your passenger level) from 5-7 -- not bad ---13 out of 14 night cruise.

Just enjoy looking forward to a great time throughout the cruise, and, if you want a drink, pay for one( or 6)--

You probably have OBC anyway, and if you don't, what's another few $$ ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Ok, just never heard refer to as 123 program 🤔

if you just wrote perks I would have got it 😁

Perks!

1,2,3 and B,B,B we’re different names for the same bundle of perks.  It was a lot more flexible than the current AI bundle.  You could pick your choice of 1 perk only, 2 perks, or 3 perks (which included a fourth perk free).  It was flexible, but it was harder to understand and people were often confused.  

Now, you choice below the Aqua Class  category is no perks or AI (3 perks).  With Aqua Class you have to take the AI.  A little less confusing, but certainly less flexible.

2 hours ago, Lisah101 said:

Wow - Celebrity offers a nice perk for elites to get free drinks from 5-7 every day after embarkation and it seems like some people can't just say, wow, thanks for a great perk.  Instead it's just complaining that what they are getting is not enough, they want MORE.  It's a PERK, it's not any thing more than that.

Same thing with those people who received free veranda cabin offers, and complaining about charges  to upgrade to Aqua class.

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2022 at 6:13 AM, Ipeeinthepools said:

I'm not sure that custom is justification of anything on Celebrity.  There have been many changes in Celebrity policies over the last few years and "custom" has not been considered in any of those changes.  I haven't seen any reason that Celebrity cannot include an Elite event on Day one.   If Celebrity was really concerned about the workload on the bar staff, perhaps they should consider returning the bar staff staffing levels to the pre-Covid levels.

Can you find more workers for them? Visas are still an issue for many workers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These are probably the same people complaining about their favorite alcohol not being available.  on Embarkation day, they get new stock, it's also the bartenders trying to move that product up to each bar, unpacking and restock on embarkation day as well as sometimes even having to help with luggage or as back up in the Ocean View Cafe. Embarkation day is crazy crazy busy for all the shipboard employees much less elites whining they want more free drinks.  And this is all on top of meeting any Customs requirements where crew must present their passports and get checked.

Edited by Lisah101

52 minutes ago, Lisah101 said:

These are probably the same people complaining about their favorite alcohol not being available.  on Embarkation day, they get new stock, it's also the bartenders trying to move that product up to each bar, unpacking and restock on embarkation day as well as sometimes even having to help with luggage or as back up in the Ocean View Cafe. Embarkation day is crazy crazy busy for all the shipboard employees much less elites whining they want more free drinks.  And this is all on top of meeting any Customs requirements where crew must present their passports and get checked.

Would complaining about X failing to deliver what they're advertising fall into the 'favourite alcohol' complaint?  🙂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Perks!

1,2,3 and B,B,B we’re different names for the same bundle of perks.  It was a lot more flexible than the current AI bundle.  You could pick your choice of 1 perk only, 2 perks, or 3 perks (which included a fourth perk free).  It was flexible, but it was harder to understand and people were often confused.  

Now, you choice below the Aqua Class  category is no perks or AI (3 perks).  With Aqua Class you have to take the AI.  A little less confusing, but certainly less flexible.

Agree. Much better than the AI option. 

1 hour ago, D C said:

Would complaining about X failing to deliver what they're advertising fall into the 'favourite alcohol' complaint?  🙂

It’s no different than going to a restaurant and finding they are out of something. Stuff happens and people get so bent out of shape over little things. I love gentleman Jack. Last cruise they ran out so I tried different options. Didn’t detract from my vacation at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, D C said:

... as is not wanting to pay the difference to upgrade to a better brand if the one on the package is not available... LOL 

Cheers and bon voyage

6 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Perks!

Your description of the current system is incorrect.

Below Aqua you can choose the Sail Only deal, the AI deal (tips, internet and drinks) and the Sail Only to which you can still add just the drinks or just the internet. It may not make economic sense but that option still exists.

4 hours ago, Lisah101 said:

It’s no different than going to a restaurant and finding they are out of something. Stuff happens and people get so bent out of shape over little things. I love gentleman Jack. Last cruise they ran out so I tried different options. Didn’t detract from my vacation at all.

Not even remotely the same.  Unless you pay for a filet mignon in advance because that's what they advertised, and have no issues with them serving you a Salisbury steak. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, the penguins said:

Your description of the current system is incorrect.

Below Aqua you can choose the Sail Only deal, the AI deal (tips, internet and drinks) and the Sail Only to which you can still add just the drinks or just the internet. It may not make economic sense but that option still exists.

I was referencing the reduce price for those perks.  The 1,2,3 and BBB was a reduced price bundle.  I was not referring to the list price of the perks.  Just like the AI.  Paying full price for a Drink Package is hardly the same IMO. 

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I was referencing the reduce price for those perks.  The 1,2,3 and BBB was a reduced price bundle.  I was not referring to the list price of the perks.  Just like the AI.  Paying full price for a Drink Package is hardly the same IMO. 

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I agree not the same but your point was that the old system gave you more choice but it didn't. For example under 1,2, 3 if you chose 1 it was full price you had to choose all 3 to get the "saving". The same applied to BBB. The options are the still the same it's just the presentation that's changed.

The one that was different was the thankfully short lived compolsary AI which now only applies  to Aqua and Suites.

17 hours ago, Peteymil said:

Can you find more workers for them? Visas are still an issue for many workers.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of that excuse.  If the cruise lines can't find adequate staff, they shouldn't put the ships back into service.  There are lots of talented people running cruise lines and it's their job to understand all of the operational constraints.  The fact is that the cruise lines are trying to cut costs by reducing staff and this is detrimental to the passengers and the staff.  Expect the current staffing levels to become the new normal unless people start to complain and search for other vacation options.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Frankly, I'm getting tired of that excuse.  If the cruise lines can't find adequate staff, they shouldn't put the ships back into service.  There are lots of talented people running cruise lines and it's their job to understand all of the operational constraints.  The fact is that the cruise lines are trying to cut costs by reducing staff and this is detrimental to the passengers and the staff.  Expect the current staffing levels to become the new normal unless people start to complain and search for other vacation options.

This was the case on our 11 night Eclipse sail in May. The MDR was unbelievably short staffed. One evening waited nearly 2 hours for our entree to arrive. Had appetizers and soup but then nothing turns out they ran out of salmon. Asked for maitre d and all he said was I was busy at another section. No apology, nothing.  Not even a cheap comped wine, not that we needed it as we had the AI on that cruise but it would have been a nice gesture.  On my September October Equinox sailing service was excellent. Maitre D was always on top of everything and service quick and efficient and we were almost as full capacity. 

6 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

This was the case on our 11 night Eclipse sail in May. The MDR was unbelievably short staffed. One evening waited nearly 2 hours for our entree to arrive. Had appetizers and soup but then nothing turns out they ran out of salmon. Asked for maitre d and all he said was I was busy at another section. No apology, nothing.  Not even a cheap comped wine, not that we needed it as we had the AI on that cruise but it would have been a nice gesture....

That's at least an hour longer than I would have waited before I complained.

6 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

This was raised at a Q and A with the senior management on Silhouette in May. The Hotel Director's explanation was. 80% of the crew across the fleet returned. As the first few ships started to cruise it was therefore easy to fill them with experienced staff but this became increasingly difficult. Visa, vaccination and quarantine regulations have made it increasingly hard to recruit from Celebrity's traditional areas which is why they are stepping up recruitment in the Carribbean and South America. Recruitment levels are improving but of course these new recruits are untrained and therefore cannot just fit seamlessly into the operation. He wouldn't commit to how long it would take to reach prepandemic levels of fully trained staff but did say that the manning levels were not being reduced.